If only I was good at 2 way conversations at every topic.

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Lindsey1151
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Nov 2020, 12:40 pm

Because I have trouble on 2 way conversations on certain topics due to my autism it has caused one of my Discord friends to block me. This is horrible :(

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2020, 2:55 pm

There may be a secret to two way conversations. Ask a lot of questions. You don't need to spend alot of time talking but you can steer the conversation.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2020, 2:59 pm

I share this with you (struggling with 2 way conversations). I don't currently have any friends on Discord though.

I'm sorry for your loss. It might be the nature of online friends but it still hurts when it happens.
Would a hug be appreciated?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2020, 5:14 pm

Lindsey1151 wrote:
Because I have trouble on 2 way conversations on certain topics due to my autism it has caused one of my Discord friends to block me. This is horrible :(

Ahh, Yes My personal philosophy is if they can't deal with your communication problems then they aren't worth being friends with in the first place. But I guess for me i'm the kind of person who doesn't really care that much and will completely unfriend people i've known for years if with little regret.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2020, 8:07 pm

Unless they were being bullied or harassed, which they weren't, I think that they were overreacting by blocking you. They could have been more honest with you and said in the nicest way possible that you talk about one thing too much or something. The way I see it, being blocked is way more hurtful and rejecting than just being honest (but tactful).

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2020, 8:35 pm

Lindsey1151 wrote:

In RL?
On line?
Both?

Well, I am a very slow thinker, so in real life, I don't do well.
I generally have a policy of ignoring unsolicited chit chat from strangers, as a result of rudeness from previous encounters.

It is amazing how people feel entitled to invade your "Personal Space" in a public setting, and then become insulting when you don't want to play. :roll:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2020, 8:38 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Unless they were being bullied or harassed, which they weren't, I think that they were overreacting by blocking you. They could have been more honest with you and said in the nicest way possible that you talk about one thing too much or something. The way I see it, being blocked is way more hurtful and rejecting than just being honest (but tactful).

Most NTs seem to have a problem with "Direct Speak".
I gather they think it rude because they want to keep things superficial.
Go figure. Meh.

Lindsey1151
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Nov 2020, 11:21 pm

Pepe wrote:
Lindsey1151 wrote:

In RL?
On line?
Both?

I generally have a policy of ignoring unsolicited chit chat from strangers, as a result of rudeness from previous encounters.

It is amazing how people feel entitled to invade your "Personal Space" in a public setting, and then become insulting when you don't want to play. :roll:

This happened online

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2020, 1:01 am

Pepe wrote:
Lindsey1151 wrote:

In RL?
On line?
Both?

I think your confusion comes from a lack fo knowledge of what discord is it's a program like skype if you know what that is that you can use to communicate with other people on the internet

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2020, 4:12 am

Pieplup wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Lindsey1151 wrote:

In RL?
On line?
Both?

I think your confusion comes from a lack fo knowledge of what discord is it's a program like skype if you know what that is that you can use to communicate with other people on the internet

Oh.
Yes, you are right.
I know about Skype but never heard of Discord before.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2020, 5:03 am

I don't think anyone can be good at discussing every topic, in conversation or otherwise. In fact, I amuse myself by trying, unsuccessfully so far, to find a single Nobel-grade thinker who does not have at least one absurd idea. One astronomer of quite shattering eminence thought that our nostrils pointed down to shield them from space dust, as if he had never seen dust floating in the air in a sunbeam.