Do you still sleep with a comfort object?

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Feb 2021, 2:22 am

endersdragon34 wrote:
QFT wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I sleep with my six month old kitten who nestles into my hair on my pillow.

She purrs so much the pillow vibrates all night.

Other than her, my other sleep must-haves are my pillows and blindfolds.

(Um, this sounds weird with a vibrator and blindfolds. Sorry.)

Awwww, cats are my favorite animals! Comparing cats and dogs are insult to cats. Cats shouldn't be compared to dogs, they should be compared to humans. And in many ways they are a lot more soft, loving and caring than humans are.

I had an idea for a long time to use the cat as a pillow. Unfortunately I don't have my own cat. But I always tell people that cat is like a pillow with natural heater :) And now you added something new: its also a pillow that vibrates :) Have you ever tried, instead of having your cat "by" the pillow, to use your cat "in place of" a pillow?

Dogs make far better pillows so your anti-dog bias hurts you :-p

AGREED! I like cats too and flemish giant rabbits, but I'll always have a dog. You don't want me to list all the benefits of having a dog as part of your family because we'd be here all day. So I'll just boast about my gentle giant for a moment.

Appa is a great pyreenes/german shepherd mix and the sweetest and fluffiest soul I've ever met. I'm not sure how anyone could dislike 112lbs of fluffiness. I've never met anyone that could resist his fluff, even if they started out scared of his size. In the end people always end up petting him with a blissful smile on their faces.

Trust the fluff and may the fluff be with you.

"I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her real name was grief."

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2021, 3:54 am

Spunge42 wrote:
endersdragon34 wrote:
QFT wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I sleep with my six month old kitten who nestles into my hair on my pillow.

She purrs so much the pillow vibrates all night.

Other than her, my other sleep must-haves are my pillows and blindfolds.

(Um, this sounds weird with a vibrator and blindfolds. Sorry.)

Awwww, cats are my favorite animals! Comparing cats and dogs are insult to cats. Cats shouldn't be compared to dogs, they should be compared to humans. And in many ways they are a lot more soft, loving and caring than humans are.

I had an idea for a long time to use the cat as a pillow. Unfortunately I don't have my own cat. But I always tell people that cat is like a pillow with natural heater :) And now you added something new: its also a pillow that vibrates :) Have you ever tried, instead of having your cat "by" the pillow, to use your cat "in place of" a pillow?

Dogs make far better pillows so your anti-dog bias hurts you :-p

AGREED! I like cats too and flemish giant rabbits, but I'll always have a dog. You don't want me to list all the benefits of having a dog as part of your family because we'd be here all day. So I'll just boast about my gentle giant for a moment.

Appa is a great pyreenes/german shepherd mix and the sweetest and fluffiest soul I've ever met. I'm not sure how anyone could dislike 112lbs of fluffiness. I've never met anyone that could resist his fluff, even if they started out scared of his size. In the end people always end up petting him with a blissful smile on their faces.

Trust the fluff and may the fluff be with you.

I have been bitten by a dog when I was little so I am scared of dogs. What happened was that I was living in apartment building (I was in Russia and in Russia most people live in apartment buildings) so the apartment of the neighbor had a door slightly open. I decided to go there to see whats there, and the dog bit me. It was actually a very little dog, but I became afraid of dogs ever since.

I would run away from any dog, of any size. And if it is somebody's house that makes it doubly scary since the dog is trying to guard the house. But even outside unleashed that is scary too and I would run away from the dog outside too. And the fact that your dog is so large is what makes it even scarier.

But even if it wasn't for the fear of dogs, there is something about the cats in particular that makes them very soft and irresistible. I remember someone told me that rabbits are softer than cats and kangaroos are even softer than rabbits. I told her that, even if that was the case, there is a certain type of softness that no other animal has: thats the type of softness that only cat has. There is something that emanates from the cat that makes me want to touch her. And no other animal has that emanating from it, ever, only the cat.

You see, I am not afraid of any animals besides dogs. But I will still say that the cat is the softest of them all.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2021, 6:26 pm

I have retrieved Anky and finished stitching his spines back together. But this would be the best comfort object.... just need to learn how to sew properly and to do electrical engineering.

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2021, 6:37 pm

no but I sleep a lot in a way that is me essentially cuddling with my duvet. Sometimes my cat wants to cuddle too which I find so calming.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2021, 6:49 pm

I find I sleep best with two pillows, with one turned just so I can cuddle into it(my substitute for a man’s chest).

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2021, 7:03 am

:(

XSara
Raven
Raven

17 Mar 2021, 3:48 am

my brother who's not on the spectrum still sleeps with his stuffed animals at the age of 23. a lot of adults, NTs or not, sleep with their stuffed animals, expecially girls

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2021, 4:41 am

XSara wrote:
my brother who's not on the spectrum still sleeps with his stuffed animals at the age of 23. a lot of adults, NTs or not, sleep with their stuffed animals, expecially girls

I can't remember the last time I saw a stuffed animal in a home.

GameCube
Raven
Raven

18 Mar 2021, 10:41 pm

I haven't slept with a stuffed animal in years, but I do use a soft round pillow filled with beans called a Mooshi Squish Pillow. It's not very big but its comfortable to hold or rest your head on. Someone recommended Squishmallow plushies to me once, they look comforting, but I'm not sure if I would like actual stuffed animal toys.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2021, 2:57 am

I sleep with my boyfriend...

when I was younger my cat would sleep on my bed sometime and purr till I went to sleep. He was a good cat and I miss him even though he clawed the sh*t out of me sometimes. There was a time I'd get thirsty in the middle of the night and get up to get water and he'd hide out just to come out and attack...he seemed to think it was a fun game.