Ever wish you could start your life over again?

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

AlanMooresBeard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Mar 2021, 6:57 am

I would not want to start my whole life over again but I would go back to a few earlier points in my life and make some different choices. For example, I wish I had done a bit better at school and university. I would never have been a straight A student but I could have managed a few more B and C grades at GCSE than I actually managed. I also think I could have got a 2.1 in my degree rather than a 2.2 if I had done better in my first year and especially my final year of study. I would also have taken a different approach to finding work after graduating from university. Perhaps then I wouldn't have been out of work for as long I was and I'd be a bit further along with where I want to be in life than I currently am. I'm still grateful and at least somewhat proud of what I have managed to achieve in my life so far but I can't help thinking that things could have been even better if I had made some wiser decisions between the ages of 16 and 24.

Robert312
Toucan
Toucan

02 Mar 2021, 12:06 pm

I'd want to remember my life. I'd want to take with me my photography and writing skills. I'd work for the high school yearbook, which I didn't do and take astonishing pictures for my age. This would help me get into journalism jobs. I'd write a great novel at a young age. I'd ask girls for dates. I'd take classes early on to point toward a career in science.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2021, 12:12 pm

I enjoy my lifestyle now but if I could, I would avoid becoming ill by standing up to mum when she tried to push me onto a vocational course.

I never got the job it was aiming at, I met two of the most awful kinds of people and I missed out on my dream life/sister's lifestyle.

I would have done well studying for an English Literature MA then studying a specific part of English Literature as a PHD then might as well have tried to be a lecturer - where eccentricity is sometimes welcome. I'm good at speaking when it comes to something I'm interested in.

Robert312
Toucan
Toucan

02 Mar 2021, 1:43 pm

Or I might want to come back as a sexy woman and be an exotic dancer and live a wild life. :D

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2021, 5:41 pm

Robert312 wrote:
Or I might want to come back as a sexy woman and be an exotic dancer and live a wild life. :D

What man *hasn't* had that fantasy? :mrgreen: