Sudden Onset Acute Severely Increased Hypersensitivity to Li

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ArtullyAutistic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Mar 2021, 12:25 pm

I am Autistic I have always had some hypersensitivity to light and to sound.

On November, 17th, 2020 shortly after 4:20 p.m., I began to drive home and it had turned dark and suddenly without warning my
hypersensitivity to light suddenly increased by a magnitude of at least 500% worse than it was exactly one night before.

Just the night before and for for quite some time before as I have always had some hypersensitivity to light, I was able to get by with wearing just a light pair of prescription sunglasses over top of my my regualr sunglasses.

As soon as I began to drive home that night my hypersensitivity to light and increase by a magnitude of at least 500% worse than it was just the night before.

I mean I could not in any way compensate for the oncoming headlights that were headed my way and suddenly stopped in the middle of the road to scramble for the FedEx envelope that I had in my car in order to completely shield my eyes from the oncoming headlights and then drive home just by looking at the faint white line on the right side of the road, and this is a two-lane narrow road with a very faded light line on the right side of the road.

It has been like that ever since and I can no longer drive at night and as well I can no longer drive during bright days either

Has anyone ever experienced this or ever heard of this happening?

I have been to a neuro ophthalmologist who says there is nothing wrong with my eyes and that the problem is likely due to the neurology of my brain, but my quality of life has severely decreased due to my sudden inability to drive at night and on bright days

It is so bad that I cannot schedule time s for earlier in the day because an appointment that was supposed to start at 12:30 and only last 2 hours lasted until well past 5:00 in the evening and I had to drive by all but totally blind and use my first responder cards that I carry with me in order to shield all the oncoming headlights just as I had done before.

please let me know if anyone is ever experienced this or if I've ever heard of this or especially if this there is any treatment or causation for this because I'm at my lowest point that I have ever been in my life.

The same condition also occurred with a a brain scan that was ordered by my primary care physician and I could not bear the sound or compensate for the way that it scrambled my brain when using the machine and this is the same machine that I had used 2 years before successfully and without incident, so something is going wrong completely haywire with my hypersensitivity and many of my senses

DIVAIR
Raven
Raven

02 Mar 2021, 1:43 pm

You may want to consult a doctor, but perhaps you have a vitamin deficiency, like low vitamin-A: get some blood work done to determine this :)

I don't like bright lights or sharp/loud sounds so I can totally appreciate what you're saying. I do get that way at times so I have my wife drive if we go anywhere and I'll put my sunglasses on 8)

Good luck :P

DIVAIR