What type of stim do you like and why is it a stim for you ?

Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2021, 5:54 pm

for weeks I have been forgetting to post this.

My main positive Stim is to rub my hands together like im trying to start a f*****g fire or something.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2021, 6:12 pm

The_Znof wrote:
for weeks I have been forgetting to post this.

My main positive Stim is to rub my hands together like im trying to start a f*****g fire or something.

I used to do this a lot as a kid. lol

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 3:38 pm

Ha! I dont think I started it till my mid forties!~

The "flying chickenarms" one, I think one or two others in this thread have mentioned it, I used to do a lot when happy/excited.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

01 Sep 2021, 10:47 am

AprilR wrote:
I am not sure if it is a stim or anything else but i Pick on the skin near my nails and also lips. When i was a child i used to scratch the corners of tables and desks because i liked the texture also.

Me too, although this is more ocd for me because i dont like having dry skin lines on my lips and dry extra skin on my hands. It's annoying

However i think I do fidget and end up messing with them when im thinking of a stressful thing or im in an interaction. And when i talk I might be licking my lips more and end up causing them to dry more.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

01 Sep 2021, 11:16 am

Joe90 wrote:
Shaking my leg, which I've seen non-autistics do but it seems to be annoying to others, so I can't do it when I'm around other people.

I sometimes shake my legs up and down when i sit down when im excited or anxious or waiting for something.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 11:17 am

The_Znof wrote:
Ha! I dont think I started it till my mid forties!~

The "flying chickenarms" one, I think one or two others in this thread have mentioned it, I used to do a lot when happy/excited.

me too and bounce in my bed, its like jumping on the butt. xD Yay for chicken dance!

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 11:22 am

Earthbound_Alien wrote:
I like to rub my tickle... 8O

I sometimes spank my tickles (or rather itches) or smack them. xD

chaosmos
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Sep 2021, 10:41 pm

Rexi wrote:
Earthbound_Alien wrote:

What is a tickle?

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 9:17 am

I tap. Or jiggle a leg. If my lips are dry I love peeling bits of skin off with my teeth. If I'm beardy I bite the hairs around my mouth. I used to play with my hair a lot but most of it fell out so I shave the rest now - I leave a mm or two and that's always nice to run your fingers across. Most of these things drive my partner mental.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 11:29 pm

Usually always just been my legs..

Especially when eating or something had changed around the house/routine. It's easy as I learnt pretty young about RLS and cause of masking was easy to just put it down to that with little to no explanation. But otherwise I just fidget usually with a lighter in my pocket and at work pens. These I thought drew the last attention. My body is physically getting to old to keep masking with drinking and tbh I'm ashamed to be myself cause I cop a lot of s**t n comments for it. It's hard . Very hard.. though I'm still the kind of person to just think well perhaps they don't understand so I'll just wear the comments and stares/chuckles.. it does take away my ability to just freely be myself and often I'm suicidal over it. :cry: I've no choice but to accept it.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 10:22 am

Wiggle my toes ,run my hair through my fingers, bounce my leg, stare at water ripples, light in tree leaves, tap my fingers, chew the skin around my finger nails, swing my arms,rocking chairs, porch swings, and when I was a child getting in the swing and twisting the rope together and then spinning.I could do that for hours.I need to put up another swing like that.There is a tree with just the right limb for a swing.I embroidery and like the feel of smooth threads running through my fingers, and sketching on paper.

chaosmos
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Sep 2021, 6:44 pm

I have always tapped or fidgeted. Tapped my legs or tapped rhythms on tables. I used to bounce my legs as a teenager, particularly if I was highly stressed or anxious. I still do this as an adult but it’s more isolated in my foot. If I’m comfortable and relaxed like on the couch, I’ve noticed I put my hands between my legs and rub my hands together.
Making noises is also a stim for me too.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2021, 11:10 am

Joe90 wrote:
Shaking my leg, which I've seen non-autistics do but it seems to be annoying to others, so I can't do it when I'm around other people.

LoL definitely. That's my usual go to stim.
Apart from also shaking my head a lil' especially when eating these days. Just noticed it recently I think :oops:

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2021, 4:39 pm

Rexi wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

I sometimes shake my legs up and down when i sit down when im excited or anxious or waiting for something.

Mmm hmm..

This I definitely do too :D

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2021, 12:40 pm

chaosmos wrote:
Rexi wrote:
Earthbound_Alien wrote:

What is a tickle?

I wanted to ask that, but more subtly.
I guess it could be itches, unless one hand tickles and the other rubs. It makes more sense than an itch.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2021, 1:30 pm

chaosmos wrote:
Rexi wrote:
Earthbound_Alien wrote:

What is a tickle?

For me, a tickle is a silky piece of material I rub.