Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2007, 8:09 am

Yes, I just have to find out when he is back in town. He's probably going to be selling up in a couple of months time.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

Neuromancer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2007, 2:17 pm

Pandora wrote:
... I dreamt about being invited to a friend's place by his mum. It was very frustrating because he kept on disappearing. In real life, I would have liked to be better friends but I think he is leaving town soon. I also would have liked to be better friends with his brother but he moved away.

I've been talking about dreams interpretation at a thread concerning dreams...
your dream is very instrucctive: this guys are allways disappearing leaving the town, what you feel very frustating :-)

Most dreams carry such obvious messages, we must know how to "read" it!

krex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2007, 3:39 pm

My mother was the first to point out to me that I was wearing the same clothing everyday and it bothered her.I think she saw it as a "sign" of my mental illness(in her mind)and she was just bored by not having something "new" to look at?If she had tried to talk to me rather then look at me she probably wouldnt have been so bored 8O but sure would have had more concerns about my "mental health.

I like to wear the same cloths until they have a smell or stain(I spill a lot).Mostly I just dont like trying to figure out what to wear...does it look ok,will the zipper open,am I going to be stuck away from home before I realize that it is to warm,to tight or itchy(has happened to many times.)Now,I am in a "wearing cotton flannel PJ's" phase.Have gone through the black deathrock/punk rock phase,the sexy phase and the invisable phase and still own all these cloths(mostly dont fit any more but cant get rid of them,yet.)I have intentially avoided any job that requires me to wear uncomfortable shoes,hose or dressy stuff.At 43,that becomes more difficult as "the bagg lady look", I prefer is not considered very professional 8O .

and off topic...I once had a dream about my cat falling into a toxic dump....apon waking I realized I needed to be a little more careful in who I choose to be a sexual partner :lol: You dont have to be Frued to figure out my dreams,just enjoy puns.(I didnt even have a cat at the time :wink: ).

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

ixochiyo_yohuallan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2007, 3:46 pm

I don't do this always, but I tend to. That is, I don't wash my clothes every evening, but I'll wear them until they're all sweaty and dirty, then have them washed and start wearing them again as soon as they're dry. When at university, I was in the habit of wearing the same pullover and skirt (or pants) for months, sometimes even years. I have a feeling people could tell who I was from a distance judging by the clothes I wore. ;) It's not that I didn't change my outfit from time to time - I did occasionally, but mostly because my mother suggested that I put on something new. If it weren't for her, I'd have probably worn the same things all the time.

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2007, 5:04 am

Neuromancer wrote:
Pandora wrote:
... I dreamt about being invited to a friend's place by his mum. It was very frustrating because he kept on disappearing. In real life, I would have liked to be better friends but I think he is leaving town soon. I also would have liked to be better friends with his brother but he moved away.

I've been talking about dreams interpretation at a thread concerning dreams...
your dream is very instrucctive: this guys are allways disappearing leaving the town, what you feel very frustating :-)

Most dreams carry such obvious messages, we must know how to "read" it!

I also have dreams where there are lots of cats and I am trying to rescue them but they keep running away.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

Vastarien
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Aug 2007, 8:02 pm

It took me a very long time before i really got good at picking clothes. No kidding, I used to look just like Weird Al on acid, sans mustache. I only really started to put it together sanely in my last 2 years of HS, and then it was easy for me because I went Goth. I had no idea I was an Aspie until I found this site, and it's been like looking into a huge mirror! :lol: I do have a special item that I have some trouble leaving behind sometimes.
It's a hat from "E.L.O.P.E." It's a lovely dark green and styled like a mideval Archer's hat. It's stunningly well-made, and it's held together better than any other hat I've ever owned. Of course, I had to trick it out with my own baubles and doodads, from soda-can pull-rings to a genuine blown fuse from a car. The glass tube was intact, so I strung it with bright beads and pinned it on. I also have a purple vest with 19 pockets and heavy embroidery in an abstract round knot pattern on the back. I may get funny looks from other people, but I don't really care anymore. I've gotten more compliments on my stuff, especially the hat, than rudeness. My partner thinks the hat is "Silly", but I just tell him "You know you like it, and you want one too!" :P

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2007, 8:12 pm

LadyMacbeth wrote:
I tend to do that with trousers. Though I don't wash them quite as much. I do the same with shoes.. I'll wear the same pair of shoes every day for like a month, and then wear a different pair the next month, etc. I have a lot of shoes.

I do the same! Oddly, my shoes are pretty clean. :lol: I never really thought how much I wear my shoes. But my feet are pretty clean, and I try to avoid dirty paths, etc... I also don't buy just any pair of shoes, so they may last for YEARS! When the soles wore out, I would get them replaced. My newer shoes have soles that last far longer though.

BTW I don't often wear the shoes in the evening, and may wear other shoes on weekends.(That is more for convenience working in dirty areas, etc...