Famous People One Thinks Could Be On The Spectrum.

Page 3 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 11:54 am

John Lennon

Because he was sitting there watching the wheels go round and round ... he really loved to watch them roll ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 2:42 pm

Beethoven, Bach, and Mozart.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 4:13 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Beethoven, Bach, and Mozart.

Mozart was equivalent to a rock star of his day. I very much doubt he was on the spectrum.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 3:39 pm

Earthbound_Alien wrote:
Earthbound_Alien wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
I don't want to share the spectrum with Hitler. But it seems that all the 'nutty' leaders are on the spectrum, like Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin. I think it's all BS myself and I don't buy into it.

Na they are not on the spectrum and neither are you...You are NT you just don't think you are.

I can feel your neurotypicality in they way you talk, act and experience things

Autistic emotions are different to neurotypical ones, yours' are the same

I wish - and hope - that you are right. But nah, I was too much of a naive, dorky wimp when I was a teenager to be NT. I had no friends nor had much of an idea of how to keep friends if I did make any. Also I lacked self-awareness for my age. Typical Aspie. God I hate myself.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 4:07 pm

Aretha Franklin ... all she wanted was a little r ... e ... s ... p ... e ... c ... t ... just a little bit ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 4:08 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Earthbound_Alien wrote:
Earthbound_Alien wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
I don't want to share the spectrum with Hitler. But it seems that all the 'nutty' leaders are on the spectrum, like Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin. I think it's all BS myself and I don't buy into it.

Na they are not on the spectrum and neither are you...You are NT you just don't think you are.

I can feel your neurotypicality in they way you talk, act and experience things

Autistic emotions are different to neurotypical ones, yours' are the same

I wish - and hope - that you are right. But nah, I was too much of a naive, dorky wimp when I was a teenager to be NT. I had no friends nor had much of an idea of how to keep friends if I did make any. Also I lacked self-awareness for my age. Typical Aspie. God I hate myself.

Please stop believing this. Being on the spectrum is a part of your human essence!

Anyway, Edgar Allen Poe, Agatha Christie, and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle may have had
traits associated with people who are on the spectrum.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 4:13 pm

Richard Trevithick

Isambard Kingdom Brunel

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 8:33 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Can you see the double masking using humour?

She was using humor because she was a guest on a comedy show?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 9:27 pm

Ooh, haven't played this game in a while. I'm make one genuine contribution just because this is the only person I'm comfortable long distance diagnosing because I'm a super fan and have followed him for years: Quentin Tarantino.

Just watch any, and I do mean any, interview with the man, and it just jumps out at you, the obsessions, the weird speaking style, the refusal to hew to social norms, etc. If you get into his biography, it tracks as well, with his early years working for basically nothing at a video rental place so he could spend all his time watching exploitation flicks for free, his habit of lurking at social gatherings and writing down what people said to later mine for dialogue (he's good at dialogue because he had to study it, it didn't come naturally), the way his obsessions (feet!) are prominent in all of his films, it's all there.

Then there was this little public spat with his mother:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-a ... -criticism

Quentin Tarantino wrote:
“I knew I was drastically more sophisticated than every other kid in my class, except for maybe one other kid. .... I knew I was more sophisticated than all of them,” he said. “I understood stuff beyond this playground b— ... however, I had a lot of circumstantial evidence that would point to the fact that I was stupid.”

Tarantino said he was reading way above grade level, and his imagination was going wild with the beginnings of how to tell a story, but there were all these things others could do that he simply couldn’t until years after he was supposed to: telling time, riding a bike, swimming.

Still, he wasn’t a complete mess.

“I could tie my shoes,” he told Koppelman. “I’m not an idiot.”

Sound familiar?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 3:55 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Can you see the double masking using humour?

She was using humor because she was a guest on a comedy show?

No. She was using humour as a means to mask. By using her humour she was able to relate to others. It is a communication tool.

I mask a lot like that. Acting thick with humour. It actually takes great intelligence to do and pull it off because it can only be kept up for so long as it is mentally exhausting and eventually one will either run out of gags or one will be "Discovered", and being discovered is like having ones communication tool being pulled out from beneath one so that one feels lost and exposed. From then on bullying happens so if done in the workplace, one sticks it a while but then burns out, hands in ones notice and leaves. One has to leave. There is no other choice.

Cyndi's profession means that she can avoid burnout/breakdown because it is in general a very varied profession. When I worked on the railways it too was varied. Instead of the usual two years before I would quit when the making started to break down which risked being "Discovered", I was able to stay in the job for 9 years which was a complete record for me. It was only because every shift was different and every day was different that I could do it, but at the same time it is both a blessing and a curse. A curse in that an ever changing envirmonet is a high stress enviroment as I do not get on too well with change. A blesing came in the form of the ability to keep up the masking for a whole lot longer then I was able to if I have worked with the same people day in day out. I had noticed that at the end of each shift I was exhausted while other staff were not. Some were but most were not? I could not work that out at the time because physically speaking the job was normally relitively easy. Certainly not like the very physical job of working in bicycle shops or on bicycle departments in retail stores which is constant lifting and carrying etc, and often lifting to great heights. It is why the few women I have ever seen try the job stay there as they do not realize how physical the work can be.

Last edited by Mountain Goat on 13 Aug 2021, 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 4:02 am

I've looked it up, Cyndi Lauper doesn't have Asperger's, sorry if that disappoints anyone here. I want Amy Winehouse to have Asperger's but she doesn't.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 4:15 am

Joe90 wrote:
I've looked it up, Cyndi Lauper doesn't have Asperger's, sorry if that disappoints anyone here. I want Amy Winehouse to have Asperger's but she doesn't.

She does not know she has it. If she knew she would be quite vocal about it. That is the whole point to this thread.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 5:52 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

She does not know she has it. If she knew she would be quite vocal about it. That is the whole point to this thread.

Then how do you know she has it? You can't diagnose an individual you've never met just because of their mannerisms.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 6:13 am

Dox47 wrote:
Ooh, haven't played this game in a while. I'm make one genuine contribution just because this is the only person I'm comfortable long distance diagnosing because I'm a super fan and have followed him for years: Quentin Tarantino.

Just watch any, and I do mean any, interview with the man, and it just jumps out at you, the obsessions, the weird speaking style, the refusal to hew to social norms, etc. If you get into his biography, it tracks as well, with his early years working for basically nothing at a video rental place so he could spend all his time watching exploitation flicks for free, his habit of lurking at social gatherings and writing down what people said to later mine for dialogue (he's good at dialogue because he had to study it, it didn't come naturally), the way his obsessions (feet!) are prominent in all of his films, it's all there.

Then there was this little public spat with his mother:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-a ... -criticism

Quentin Tarantino wrote:
“I knew I was drastically more sophisticated than every other kid in my class, except for maybe one other kid. .... I knew I was more sophisticated than all of them,” he said. “I understood stuff beyond this playground b— ... however, I had a lot of circumstantial evidence that would point to the fact that I was stupid.”

Tarantino said he was reading way above grade level, and his imagination was going wild with the beginnings of how to tell a story, but there were all these things others could do that he simply couldn’t until years after he was supposed to: telling time, riding a bike, swimming.

Still, he wasn’t a complete mess.

“I could tie my shoes,” he told Koppelman. “I’m not an idiot.”

Sound familiar?

Interesting.

It does sound familiar. Brings back some painful memories of childhood of similar sorts of thngs.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 8:25 am

Joe90 wrote:

I suspect she might have. No Filter. Many have said she was clueless about her stardom and how others treated her because of that.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 10:42 am

Joe90 wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Then how do you know she has it? You can't diagnose an individual you've never met just because of their mannerisms.

Read the title of the thread.

He didnt ask "which famous people do you know for a fact have publicily announced that they have been officially diagnosed with autism?".

He asked "which famous people do you suspect could be on the spectrum?".

So obviously he doesnt "know" for sure.

On the other hand- if you look at the evidence MG presented, that TV video, I dunno.

To me it does not scream "autistic". But apparently it reminds of MG of his own behavior. So thats where he is coming from.

AS agrees that she could be that.