Veteran

30 Jul 2007, 5:19 pm

THAT's interesting . . .

Kris

Mr_Winston
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jul 2007, 5:26 pm

Compared to the film-star luvvieness of Tony Blair anybody who is even remotely more reserved is going to stand out like a sore thumb... But a part of me does like Gordon Browns dourness, and the look on his face when the news showed that clip of him being driven around in a golf buggy by George Bush was priceless. :D

I'm not entirely sure if he's Aspie though, he's just got his feet a little more firmly stuck to the ground. We all know that sticking an AS label onto anyone who has even dreamed of branching away from the norm is a terribly bad move.

But, if he is, then it shows that there is hope for us all yet.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2007, 6:12 pm

Apparently away from politics Gordon Brown has an easy-going sociability.His
rather more serious public image probably has something to do with him being
the son of a Presbyterian church minister.Not sure if an autistic label really fits
but if it does then I think he's a decent role model to follow.

David1981
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Jul 2007, 9:35 pm

I have thought for some time that Mr. Brown was on the spectrum.

My mom says so too. She can read body language and stuff and says that the way he walks and carries himself is like an Aspie.

Diamonddavej
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2007, 1:40 am

A few months ago woman in my aspie social group told me that she though Gordon had Asperger's, based on the fact that he has an artificial smile the he "turns on and off."

I never noticed or though about Gordon being an aspie until then. A few days later I saw him "smile", it was like he turned on a switch, only his mouth made a shape or should I say the calculated configuration that constitute the commonly accepted facial morphings that simulate a human smile. Quite bazaar. Watch Gordon Smile next time! After a bit more research, yes I think he exhibits some traits of AS. But that said, the late Ibrahim Rugova was definitely an Aspie.

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2007, 6:44 am

No hes not an aspie, but nearer the spectrum than Tony.I tell you what though I quite like him he has integrity. This is a man interested in people not self-promotion.
I'm really glad he got rid of that irritating jaw movement he used to do ten years ago when he delivered speeches.

31 Jul 2007, 9:04 am

Diamonddavej wrote:
A few months ago woman in my aspie social group told me that she thought Gordon had Asperger's, based on the fact that he has an artificial smile the he "turns on and off."

I never noticed or thought about Gordon being an aspie until then. A few days later I saw him "smile", it was like he turned on a switch, only his mouth made a shape or should I say the calculated configuration that constitute the commonly accepted facial morphings that simulate a human smile. Quite bazaar. Watch Gordon Smile next time! After a bit more research, yes I think he exhibits some traits of AS. But that said, the late Ibrahim Rugova was definitely an Aspie.

your thoughts were missing their t's

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

31 Jul 2007, 9:08 am

Diamonddavej wrote:
A few months ago woman in my aspie social group told me that she though Gordon had Asperger's, based on the fact that he has an artificial smile the he "turns on and off."

You're talking about a politician here. They all have that smile.

Personally, I just think he's a bit more calm and less jittery than Tony Blair. Though he's still a git.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2007, 1:29 pm

I have personally taken the mickey out of Gordon Brown I can do an impression of him I can do that thing he does with his mouth between sentences.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2007, 1:47 pm

How interesting...
Maybe Gordon Brown is still getting used to the fact that he's the new Prime Minister.
:?

Asby
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jul 2007, 1:50 pm

I love that quote :lol: I wouldn't be surprised either

Cervantes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jul 2007, 5:15 pm

Jutty wrote:
Diamonddavej wrote:
A few months ago woman in my aspie social group told me that she thought Gordon had Asperger's, based on the fact that he has an artificial smile the he "turns on and off."

I never noticed or thought about Gordon being an aspie until then. A few days later I saw him "smile", it was like he turned on a switch, only his mouth made a shape or should I say the calculated configuration that constitute the commonly accepted facial morphings that simulate a human smile. Quite bazaar. Watch Gordon Smile next time! After a bit more research, yes I think he exhibits some traits of AS. But that said, the late Ibrahim Rugova was definitely an Aspie.

your thoughts were missing their t's

Yeah, but he THOUGHT about putting them there...

(sorry, couldn't resist)