Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Please list what you have experienced
All 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
Visual snow 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ringing in ear (mild) 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Words/objects on a painted/printed that seem to be jumping out/floating. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Any combination of those, but not all i.e Visual snow/tinnitus, but not the words. 33%  33%  [ 3 ]
Sensitivity to lights, like LED lights seem to flicker, or old displays/tv sets seem to glitch/shake out when stimming or chewing ice. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
None of them 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9

climategeek
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Oct 2021, 10:49 pm

Have any of you in a dark room or when looking at a dark colored object, even in a brightly lit room noticed as if your vision is grainy? Well that is what is going on in my case and sometimes if I’m paying close attention I will notice even when I’m looking at a lighter object, but I usually notice it more if I’m paying attention. If I’m outside especially on a bright day I probably will not notice it at all.

In a dark, quiet room, I will hear this very very low pitch humming from my ear like a very mild case of tinnitus, and see that interference in my vision that some of you may have noticed on older TVs though on a much lesser scale.

Also sometimes I would notice humming that’s coming from lightbulbs, and when I look at certain objects especially if they are colored red and blue they will seem to jump out or glitch in my eyes, almost as if they are 3D, or sometimes they (the words) would appear to be floating if certain color criteria are met.

Even as a kid I would zone out on my own I floaters and this still happens today. That visual interference that I described I’ve been noticing it since I was very young, before I even became verbal around age 5.

The ringing in my ear tends to be more pronounced when I’m anxious and following a near violent episode from my abusive stepfather a few years ago, the anxiety got so bad that it sounded as if there was a waterfall in my ear.

Also I have muscle twitches/spasms all over my body which began when I was really young and it’s been getting worse every year.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 10:54 pm

I used to have visual snow in the dark when I was a kid. I don't know if I do now, but I don't really think I experience that anymore. I also have slight tinnitus that I don't notice because I usually keep a fan on. If it's super quiet I hear it though and it makes me super mad, and gives me a headache.

ThisTimelessMoment
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2021, 2:11 am

Contrasting colours like red and green can interact in a way that make one colour seem to be in 3D.

I also have tinnitus which is a "ringing hiss" for me.

When the world around me is very quiet I experience the phenomenon known as "The Hum". Search for it on Wikipedia. It's like a container sized diesel generator running in the distance. A constant low drone. I have heard it in several places where I could not imagine any source for the sound. Like out in nature. It is not yet known whether this phenomenon is an actual physical sound in the environment or a mental/brain processing issue. It's very distinct from tinnitus.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 2:22 am

I picked "all".

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 7:11 am

I had no idea that tinnitus was correlated with ASD.

Oh, great, yet ANOTHER "Rabbit Hole" to dive down...