Do you agree with me?
Yes 25%  25%  [ 5 ]
No 75%  75%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 20

Game2Winter
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Nov 2021, 12:46 am

Hans Asperger was a Nazi scientist who executed around 800 of those who he diagnosed. I will not say any more because I do not want to disturb any Holocaust survivors, but you can read his article on Wikipedia.

The thing is, it concerns me that we are using the name of a Nazi murderer to label us. Moreover, it surprises me that we, especially qualified psychologists are taking in the words of a Nazi. What if their plan was to label intellectuals intentionally for execution? Don't forget that Hitler was strongly anti-intellectual (in fact, some historians say that the reason he hated Jews in the first place was that there were many intellectuals among the Jewish population). Should we trust the words of a mass murderer? This is like trusting believing Hitler's racist proclamations about Germanic people being superior to everyone else. Don't forget that many people with Asperger's have high intellect, creativity, and ability in diverse fields. What if their plan was to murder and eliminate all of us from the world? No one would oppose them because of them labelling us as "mentally disabled" (don't forget, part of the Holocaust was about murdering all disabled people).

What do you think about this? Do you believe this? I know it sounds crazy, but you can make your own judgement in the poll below.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 2:04 am

Well, since Aspegers is no longer a diagnosis, I don't really see your point.

/Mats

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 6:21 am

Thanks, now my anxiety is through the roof. I hope you're happy.

One thing I hate about this site is when people make threads about people with autism being executed, mass murdered, ect.

I've got the sh***y Asperger's s**t on my medical records, should I have this taken off so that I don't get tracked down by Nazis and thrown into a gas chamber or concentration camp?

You should add a trigger warning label to these f*****g threads.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Nov 2021, 6:51 am

There may or may not be some truth in this but either way I believe that Asperger Syndrom is a valid diagnoses or at least used to when it was still in the DSM. Lots of various mental & physical diagnoses have a bad negative history of how those disorders 1st became known & diagnosed but the people who are suffering with em still need support & understanding regardless.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 7:09 am

I care not for the doctor who named Aspergers and what he did or did not do.

:P The label served my purpose as did some other aspies who know how to make of it -- that's all that matters.

Those who can't and don't know how to...
Why care? :lol: This is 2021, not 1930s.

I see this issue more of an individual wise attached associations issue towards a label that had slapped on their record.

Westerners seem to be more prone to it because of the association with a certain Germany political party that started a war.
Not knowledge, but shock value and held tightly onto it.

Anyone else could care because of that around a diagnosis label -- like plenty of things are. I don't.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 8:39 am

Game2Winter wrote:
Hans Asperger was a Nazi scientist who executed around 800 of those who he diagnosed. I will not say any more because I do not want to disturb any Holocaust survivors, but you can read his article on Wikipedia.

The thing is, it concerns me that we are using the name of a Nazi murderer to label us. Moreover, it surprises me that we, especially qualified psychologists are taking in the words of a Nazi. What if their plan was to label intellectuals intentionally for execution? Don't forget that Hitler was strongly anti-intellectual (in fact, some historians say that the reason he hated Jews in the first place was that there were many intellectuals among the Jewish population). Should we trust the words of a mass murderer? This is like trusting believing Hitler's racist proclamations about Germanic people being superior to everyone else. Don't forget that many people with Asperger's have high intellect, creativity, and ability in diverse fields. What if their plan was to murder and eliminate all of us from the world? No one would oppose them because of them labelling us as "mentally disabled" (don't forget, part of the Holocaust was about murdering all disabled people).

What do you think about this? Do you believe this? I know it sounds crazy, but you can make your own judgement in the poll below.
I don't know i still don't see why i should give a f**k

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 9:02 am

Game2Winter wrote:
Hans Asperger was a Nazi scientist...
It takes no effort to defame a dead person.  Why do you not offer something helpful to us in the present day?

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 9:34 am

I've been aware of his Nazi links for some time now.

I think people need to keep in mind the time period he was in. Even the most moral would waiver with the Nazi war machine holding a gun to your head.

Whether I'm moral or not I don't know, but even I know I would throw any random person under a bus to save my own skin if the time ever came.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 10:19 am

Clearly you haven't read any of Asperger's work. He made the point that what he called "autistic psychopathy" (essentially "autistic personality disorder" in more modern terminology) came with talents and strengths, and there's a definite undertone of "don't kill these ones, they're useful". He was trying to save us, not get us killed.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 10:30 am

Joe90 wrote:
Thanks, now my anxiety is through the roof. I hope you're happy.

One thing I hate about this site is when people make threads about people with autism being executed, mass murdered, ect.

I've got the sh***y Asperger's s**t on my medical records, should I have this taken off so that I don't get tracked down by Nazis and thrown into a gas chamber or concentration camp?

You should add a trigger warning label to these f*****g threads.

either
1. nazis are not planning your demise, so you can rest easily and be calm.
or
2. they are out there, planning to round you up, so best buy a shotgun.

Either way what does it matter. is it a asd trait to get upset over hypothetical situations? (i try not to get caught in that) or be obsessed with long-dead doctors in foreign countries in distant past....? (trivia) what's done is done. future is unpredictable, what you do now is what matters. (be practical, rational)

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 11:46 am

Quote:
Either way what does it matter. is it a asd trait to get upset over hypothetical situations? (i try not to get caught in that) or be obsessed with long-dead doctors in foreign countries in distant past....? (trivia) what's done is done. future is unpredictable, what you do now is what matters. (be practical, rational)

No, it is not an ''Aspie thing'' to get easily upset over things like this, because I seem to be the only one here who's bothered by this.

I already believe my ASD is a curse, you couldn't get much more unluckier than being tortured in a concentration camp.

Will it just be us autistic people they're going to throw into concentration camps, or are there other unlucky people who the nazis are going to execute too?

Should all people with Asperger's have their diagnosis took off their medical records so that we won't get hunted down by nazis?

Won't Boris Johnson and Joe Biden and all the other leaders protect us from nazis and stop this happening? Why should I be tortured just because I have a label that I was, and am still, against of getting diagnosed with?

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 11:53 am

Joe90 wrote:
Quote:

No, it is not an ''Aspie thing'' to get easily upset over things like this, because I seem to be the only one here who's bothered by this.

I already believe my ASD is a curse, you couldn't get much more unluckier than being tortured in a concentration camp.

Will it just be us autistic people they're going to throw into concentration camps, or are there other unlucky people who the nazis are going to execute too?

Should all people with Asperger's have their diagnosis took off their medical records so that we won't get hunted down by nazis?

Won't Boris Johnson and Joe Biden and all the other leaders protect us from nazis and stop this happening? Why should I be tortured just because I have a label that I was, and am still, against of getting diagnosed with?

The Nazis suffered a crushing defeat in 1945.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

05 Nov 2021, 11:54 am

Joe90 wrote:
No-one is being thrown into concentration camps; the Nazi party ceased to exist over seventy years ago.
Quote:
No-one, and least of all the Nazi party, is intending to hunt down anyone through any means for any purpose.
Quote:
There are no Nazi party members plotting to torture anyone for any reason.

The opening post is nothing more than a set of unfounded conjectures, a collection of "what ifs".
It has no basis whatever in fact, and should certainly not be read as factual.

It is, as the title suggests - a "conspiracy theory".
In other words, nonsense.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 11:55 am

How would someone get hold of NHS records and use them as a kill list? Do not worry, Joe, it's not possible.

But I do think this question is interesting. Many buildings have been renamed recently because they were named after slave traders. Should Asperger's be called something else in the UK? I would be ok with that.

Even admin staff are being tried for helping the Nazis these days. Hans Asperger definitely played a bigger part than them.

It's not a Wikipedia conspiracy theory. Here's a respected article in Nature about the subject. Simon Baron-Cohen

The truth about Hans Asperger’s Nazi collusion

agrees with the OP.

Last edited by hurtloam on 05 Nov 2021, 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 11:59 am

Crypto-Nazis do exist. Political elements. And in the future it could happen. A new dark ages. That being said. its pointless and self defeating to fear something that might happen in the future, instead of enjoying the now. Franklin Roosevelt was right.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

05 Nov 2021, 12:12 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Here's a respected article in Nature about the subject. Simon Baron-Cohen
... in which SBC says:
Quote:
Personally, I no longer feel comfortable with naming the diagnosis after Hans Asperger. In any case, this is a category rendered moot in the most recent edition of the DSM (used in the United States). European nations will follow this diagnostic lead in 2019, with the 11th edition of the International Classification of Diseases.
(my emphasis)

The name is already consigned to history.