Women, would you be annoyed if someone called you a Nun?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 3:40 pm

As the title says. Would you be annoyed if a regular acquaintance you trusted call you a nun? I asked something similar a while ago but it wasn't really a question that was directed at women.

This one is flipped around for the women to answer, cos as you all know, people with ASD are called all sorts of crazy things.

Men can answer too.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 4:08 pm

Would I, a guy, be upset if someone called me "a monk"?

You MONK...you!

No. Baffled as to what they meant yes. But not upset.

BlossX
Toucan
Toucan

14 Dec 2021, 4:10 pm

Nades wrote:
As the title says. Would you be annoyed if a regular acquaintance you trusted call you a nun? I asked something similar a while ago but it wasn't really a question that was directed at women.

This one is flipped around for the women to answer, cos as you all know, people with ASD are called all sorts of crazy things.

Men can answer too.

as a man, I wouldn't be worried too much.

as a girl, being called a nun in my country means to be a virgin, so yeah I think they would get offended lol

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 4:16 pm

BlossX wrote:
Nades wrote:

Men can answer too.

as a man, I wouldn't be worried too much.

as a girl, being called a nun in my country means to be a virgin, so yeah I think they would get offended lol

Its absolutely an insult to young guys to be called "virgin". I dont think that you can assume that young ladies consider it to be an insult.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 6:54 pm

I've heard the term, apparently it's a pejorative aimed at women who don't screw around. I suppose it's used by men who are feeling resentful because they can't get any sex out of them. I can't imagine any other reason anybody would have for saying it.

I'd probably just be vaguely amused if somebody called me a monk or a virgin. It might hurt if I'd been trying and failing to have sex for my entire life, but that's not the case and I've got a son to prove it. So I'd likely take it as an invitation to return fire. I don't normally have any respect for anybody who hurls abuse at somebody who hasn't done any harm, so it would be a pleasure to insult them back, or give them a bit of brutally honest criticism. Or maybe I'd just ignore them completely if I thought they were seeking attention.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 9:57 pm

If someone called me a "monk" I would probably just... break out into a plainsong.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 10:13 pm

No one has ever called me a nun.

"Conservative" maybe, but for the wrong and obviously superficial reasons.

Mostly because of the way I dress, which is mostly sensory. This includes not drinking much and never smoking.
And other autistic traits related communication from taking words too literally to other presumed social inexperience, my lack of interest in romance and my asexuality.

Annoyed? At worse, sure because it's pressumptious of them. Normally I don't care.

Instead, people had asked me if I want to be a nun.
Reason? For not wanting a boyfriend and not planning to get married.
Never been annoyed, but i thought it was funny.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.