Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2022, 2:22 pm

Sigh. It appears NTs have decreed that since Auties think differently from them we are defective because difference is "bad".

ThisTimelessMoment
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Apr 2022, 6:09 am

Self is not a thing, it is a process.
It is the sum of my beliefs about myself. Both within my awareness and outside of it. Beliefs are also a process.
Some of these beliefs are held in my body rather than my mind.
The beginnings of this belief making, or meaning making, go back at least to the time of there being only single celled organisms.
The self is a process the physical body has "developed" through evolution to aid in the preservation of the organism. A meaning machine. Able to thrive adaptively in any environment.

My two cents....

Hip Albatross
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Apr 2022, 2:12 pm

jimmy m wrote:
I suffered a massive stroke a year ago. As a result, I began reading some interesting theories about stroke damage and how the human brain works. One of the books was very interesting. It discussed the human brain and how it works. According to the book, the human brain has two sides (two brains). One on the left side is dominant. The other side which is the right side is secondary. Each side of the brain has two parts (one is large and one is small). So essentially everyone has four parts (personalities) that create the complete person that we are. It is a very interesting book. I believe over 50 percent of the book is spot on. But I disagree with some parts.

The book is called Whole Brain Living written by Jill Bolte Taylor and was published last year. It is a very interesting read. Jill suffered a major stroke around the age of 35. That was around 20 years ago. She was a medical doctor in a very prominent university in the U.S. After the stroke she became an entirely different person. She went from a left brain dominant to a right brain.

That's really interesting. And a fun person :D.