Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2023, 3:37 am

In general, I have lots and lots of dreams and often wake up coming out of a dream. The dreams are nearly always quite pleasant so I wake up in a good mood.

Occasionally, I will hardly dream at all, if at all, and can sleep for hours. When I wake up from this, it is extremely disconcerting. It almost feels like I'm waking up from being dead! Compared to my usual waking up from a pleasant dream, I find this to be quite scary. Every time it happens, it is like the only difference between that sleep and being dead is waking up.

I really don't know if I could stand it if this happened often. I suspect that it could actually drive me crazy to some degree.

Does anyone else have similar problems?

timf
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2023, 11:04 am

I think there are sleep "cycles". It may be that if you wake as one cycle is ending that you be more refreshed than if it is in the middle of a cycle. You may want to experiment with timing.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2023, 11:12 am

I'll take the dreamless deep sleep...

Was it as deep as taking a break from this reality? Timeless, spaceless, and weightess?

Not like, say, closing one's eyes for several hours.
Or just that there is sleep but there's still some time passage, still occupying space with heavier gravity...

If it's the latter, I don't like it too.
Not scary, more like annoying that meant it will take me hours to get up and just feel lazy. It can happen to me whether I dream or not.
Better have any dreams in this case than none.

If it's the former... I'll just wake up ready for the day and for the world, living the day as if time is precious. It's also very restorative.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2023, 2:20 pm

Edna3362 wrote:

Was it as deep as taking a break from this reality? Timeless, spaceless, and weightess?

Or just that there is sleep but there's still some time passage, still occupying space with heavier gravity...

Not scary, more like annoying that meant it will take me hours to get up and just feel lazy. It can happen to me whether I dream or not.

If it's the former... I'll just wake up ready for the day and for the world, living the day as if time is precious. It's also very restorative.

More like bouncing back from total non-existence.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2023, 7:03 pm

kokopelli wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:

More like bouncing back from total non-existence.

And this worries you?

Strange, my experience so far was very pleasant. It's not only like as if I've been in a very deep meditation session...
It's also a sign that whatever sleeping disorder I'm dealing with isn't interfering with my sleep.

I even have a physical indication if it's the case; usually it's having a light pleasant throb like sensation behind my left eye.
It meant that I have a working executive function...

I just find that the sensation of not existing from existence pleasant. :|
But there's no 'bouncing back' from it as a transition.
More like a weird transition between being hungry from being fully fed.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.