Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Star
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Aug 2007, 4:57 pm

I was replying to the person who wrote that GREED and CORPORATE businesses are harming the world. Yes, maybe they do. Including the ones owned by Aspies like Bill Gates.

No one is perfect.

But, if we onlyv complain and sit back scared of the things we sense, the images we 'pick up' the imbalance we see, if we only complain and not speak out as a group as ONE voice, we will not be able to bring a change. The strength is in the numbers. We are units, the NTs are groups. We need to 'Group' and discover our strength, our voice, our say in the matters that concern us.

Star

ChatBrat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2007, 5:08 pm

Do you want to have Aspie organizations that speak together as a group? Like "Aspie's for a better world"?

out of control, & at times
hard to handle.
But if you can't handle
me at my worst,
then you sure as hell
don't deserve me
at my best.
-Marilyn Monroe

Spaceplayer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Aug 2007, 7:51 pm

http://soundslope.com/vocab/david_byrne

David Byrne of the Talking Heads claims music helped him overcome Aspergers, if so, does that make him obligated to teach us how to do the same?

ChatBrat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2007, 8:50 pm

If he found a cure for cancer, would he be obligated to do so? I think so. It's just a matter of perspective and opinion.

hard to handle.
But if you can't handle
me at my worst,
then you sure as hell
don't deserve me
at my best.
-Marilyn Monroe

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2007, 12:40 am

Aspies + forming a united group....? I think that's the very antithesis of being an aspie.

ChatBrat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2007, 12:57 am

Aspie's have support groups in person : )

hard to handle.
But if you can't handle
me at my worst,
then you sure as hell
don't deserve me
at my best.
-Marilyn Monroe

thyme
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2007, 12:55 pm

If you are an Aspie nothing is going to change that. You can learn how to act NT and maybe fool some people. I imagine with losts of practice an Aspie can learn to put on a great act. I've personally never been able to pull it off. NT's know just by looking at you even if you look normal they can tell somehow or other.

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2007, 2:47 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
Actually, my IQ is pretty high. Every test I have ever had, including several professional ones, was high. And HECK, I have heard lately that most NTs have an IQ of about 85!

I HAVE disguised things, and fit in somewhat. I am certainly coping. I haven't used a coping saw in a while though! :cry: Sorry, couldn't resist! :lol: The NT world STILL seems chaotic though, because it IS!

You have people going to college just to get a piece of paper, and some figure they should just go to "paper mills", and get the paper. Some "TEACHERS" have done this so they get more money! And they GET IN TROUBLE!! !! UNREAL! They should just SHUT THE WHOLE "EDUCATION" SYSTEM DOWN! Why? Because they find out because of , ironically, the paper trail!

They ALSO misquote things such as MLKs quote. He never said there shouldn't be discrimination. QUITE THE CONTRARY!

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

I could pick quotes from the Bible and constitution that are also so often mis-quoted because the just and ethical quote doesn't fit them.

Anyway, that MLK quote is nice, just, and I wish people would honor it. These days, however, they do anything BUT honor it! Character is out the window, and they often DO judge by the color of ones skin. BTW I am white, and not saying I get any privileges because of it.

People use prophylactics such as latex gloves in preparing food, and will prepare food after cleaning up dirty areas, etc... They will even lick their fingers to handle money, etc... All this with the same pair of gloves, and not even a rinse. They act like the gloves are merely a uniform, or to protect THEM.

As for social in the workplace, people will do the wierdest things. I have gotten to where I have to question EVERYTHING! EVEN if a person asks me how I am, etc.... Some seemingly innocuous statement, request, etc... may be used to hang you in some way, or get them to a better position. It seems nobody cares about this, even after finding they have paid the jerk a lot for doing NOTHING!

As for social elsewhere, that is even harder to understand. Talk about chaotic. Even NTs don't understand some of it. If they did, they could make a BUNDLE.

As for AS symptoms that had to change? *****WHY***** should I have to stop what I am doing, or even look at a person and hurt what I am doing, that THEY may be paying me for, just so they can "know" I am listening to them? HECK, on friday I had a conversation with a guy behind me. I never looked at him once. The proper NT model would have been to stop, get a room somewhere, and whiteboard it. Who knows? Maybe we should have diagramed the sentences! BTW, don't think I'm kidding! The diagram part is a slight exaggeration, but the rest isn't. And sarcasm is really bad. I have developed a lot of bad habits, etc... purely to fit in, and have lost touch with much of myself. Some things I just WON'T do though.

SteveK, is that you? 8O