Page 5 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2023, 7:01 pm

Off Topic
Jakki wrote:
I fed a Alka Seltzer to my Pet Seagull,and it done Exploded 8O ... and its long known that Alka Seltzer contains Acetaminophen. And am quite sure that bird developed Autism just before it exploded :skull: . Cause it was flying pretty weirdly, :roll: Just then :!: There is even a You tube video on that bird meeting his demise on the beach in So.Cal. if it hasn't already been banned . :roll:
(written with tongue firmly implanted in Cheek)
Seagulls with Autism? Are you sure it wasn't a duck?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2023, 8:17 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Off Topic
Jakki wrote:
I fed a Alka Seltzer to my Pet Seagull,and it done Exploded 8O ... and its long known that Alka Seltzer contains Acetaminophen. And am quite sure that bird developed Autism just before it exploded :skull: . Cause it was flying pretty weirdly, :roll: Just then :!: There is even a You tube video on that bird meeting his demise on the beach in So.Cal. if it hasn't already been banned . :roll:
Seagulls with Autism? Are you sure it wasn't a duck?

Oh my this could cause a situation as my neighbourhood has a large pond near it often visited by Migrating Ducks .
????. oh my .. oh my ... ?. If they get wind of this , And the home i reside in ,,, is often on the flight path of several flying flocks of Geese .... And their poo.. is awfully tough to clean up :huh: And is said to contain bad germs . :eew:
Biological warfare bomb drops .. 8O ?? Nope .. nope , cannot let Duck rumours start here .. IT WAS A Seagull ! :ninja:

where ever you go ,there you are

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2023, 8:39 pm

I've heard some argue that "autism doesn't exist," that the kids are just brats, or poorly parented, or "everyone is Autistic, some people just didn't grow up or weren't forced to mature."

This is also a conspiracy theory of sorts, but instead of blaming something for Autism, it posits Autism is fictitious and we're all just "normal" but not socialized/disciplined properly.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2023, 8:57 pm

Jakki wrote:

somebody needs to make this a video i can watch. :nerdy:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2023, 4:04 am

Lawsuits claiming Tylenol causes autism lack scientific support, judge finds

Quote:
A judge has barred expert witnesses from testifying that Johnson & Johnson (JNJ.N) spin-off Kenvue's (KVUE.N) painkiller Tylenol can cause autism if mothers take it during pregnancy, finding that they failed to support their conclusions with scientific evidence.

The ruling on Monday by U.S. District Judge Denise Cote in Manhattan federal court likely means the end of a consolidated mass tort litigation of about 500 lawsuits over the popular over-the-counter drug, unless plaintiffs get it reversed on appeal.

Cote, in a 148-page ruling, found that none of the five expert witnesses proposed by the plaintiffs had offered a sound scientific methodology to support their opinion that Tylenol's active ingredient, acetaminophen, could cause autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).

"Instead, the unstructured approach adopted by the plaintiffs' experts permitted cherry-picking, allowed a results-driven analysis, and obscured the complexities, inconsistencies, and weaknesses in the underlying data," she wrote.

Kenvue, which was Johnson & Johnson's consumer health unit before it was spun off in August, in a statement said it will move to dismiss all the cases in light of the ruling. Its shares rose about 4% in Tuesday trading following the decision.

Lawyers for the plaintiffs did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Product liability lawsuits, like the ones over Tylenol, rely on experts to establish that the product is capable of causing the alleged harm. Federal judges decide what expert testimony is allowed, based on whether it meets scientific standards first laid out by the U.S. Supreme Court in its 1993 ruling in Daubert v. Merrell Dow Pharmaceuticals.

The multidistrict litigation was consolidated before Cote in October 2022. Plaintiffs had begun filing lawsuits earlier that year, claiming that the retailers failed to warn pregnant users of acetaminophen products about the neurological risks to the fetus.

Health experts advise pregnant women to take acetaminophen rather than aspirin or ibuprofen, which can cause fetal organ damage.

While some studies have found an association between the disorders and acetaminophen use in pregnancy, researchers have cautioned that other, underlying factors could be responsible and that more study is needed.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2023, 5:00 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
I've heard some argue that "autism doesn't exist," that the kids are just brats, or poorly parented, or "everyone is Autistic, some people just didn't grow up or weren't forced to mature."

This is also a conspiracy theory of sorts, but instead of blaming something for Autism, it posits Autism is fictitious and we're all just "normal" but not socialized/disciplined properly.

I believe there are a large number of these people mixed in with the real autistic people claiming they have level 1~2

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2023, 12:04 pm

Accurate Diagnosis of autism is important , i feel on whatever level .....,

but having said that... could include my own sillyness ...Aspie children are the actual offspring of the Greek Gawd "Chronos" .one of the Titans . of Greek Mythology . All given various Superpowers that mere mortal NTs
cannot and do not recognize . :mrgreen:

where ever you go ,there you are

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2023, 12:51 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Jakki wrote:

You wanna watch a poor live bird...explode? 8O

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2023, 1:32 pm

Jakki wrote:
Accurate Diagnosis of autism is important , i feel on whatever level .....,

but having said that... could include my own sillyness ...Aspie children are the actual offspring of the Greek Gawd "Chronos" .one of the Titans . of Greek Mythology . All given various Superpowers that mere mortal NTs
cannot and do not recognize . :mrgreen:

i will buy that for a dollar :bounce:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2023, 1:34 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Jakki wrote:

You wanna watch a poor live bird...explode? 8O

but the alka seltzer anaesthetized the bird so he didn't feel anything. :nerdy:

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2023, 2:16 pm

Fnord wrote:
• Too much television (esp., PBS children’s shows) cause autism.

This theory actually has some traction/merit, although obviously correlation doesn't equal causation necessarily.

Having a kid spend a lot of time looking at a screen where humans are projected images on that screen, can have a negative effect on the social skills development of children, according to some sources:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32229733/

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/suffer-the-children/202112/screen-time-and-autism