Page 5 of 8 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2022, 6:17 pm

auntblabby wrote:
the planets/stars/nodes et al do NOT have a direct physical influence on earthlings. they merely are heavenly signposts up ahead suggesting the existence of a subtle universal schedule of energy that so far nobody this side of the twilight zone has been able to limn.

What is limn?

So after all this the lunar effect on plants , oceans ,etc. . Are to be ignored .? And the moon is quite far away from all of us ? Yet there seems to be a prevalence for the idea that the oceans and even people effected ?admitted to hospitals For Emergencies .
Might not be a Clue .? As to potential planetery influences .?
Perhaps mass vs distance of a planet, might be a thing to consider ? Or maybe not ?

where ever you go ,there you are

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2022, 6:29 pm

Hmm.. this is written tongue in cheek …:
Perhaps offered for your consideration :

Consider in WW 2 that not all the secrets of the War , came to light . From the Axis / German side After the War.
No one discusses their programs to create a master race .
Enter Aspies , the results of German,Aryan concepts , to create a better human 8) .Perhaps Everyone would be Aspies if they where successful . :wink: We are versions of Incompleted human experiments ? :nerdy: the World over.

The idea of blonde and blue eyes might have been the second step of creating a human with a better brain .(Which might be a better idea for the first step.) ..lolz

Last edited by Jakki on 21 Jul 2022, 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2022, 6:32 pm

Are you stating facts or spreading rumors?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2022, 6:36 pm

Fnord wrote:

YOur eagerness to be a critic , is starting to show . :roll:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2022, 6:44 pm

Mitochondria, which are also the powerhouse of the cell 8)

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2022, 7:33 pm

Jakki wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Your eagerness to be a critic, is starting to show.
I criticize error and falsehood. Do you have a problem with that?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2022, 7:34 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Mitochondria, which are also the powerhouse of the cell
Please finish your thought.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2022, 7:57 pm

Jakki wrote:

Consider in WW 2 that not all the secrets of the War , came to light . From the Axis / German side After the War.
Enter Aspies , the results of German,Aryan concepts , to create a better human 8) .Perhaps Everyone would be Aspies if they where successful . :wink: We are versions of Incompleted human experiments ? :nerdy: the World over.

The idea of blonde and blue eyes might have been the second step of creating a human with a better brain .(Which might be a better idea for the first step.) ..lolz

This is actually the second time I have heard sumpin like this.

Some years ago a young man made his first few posts on this site. And he said (in absolute seriousness) that "Hitler had a program to create a race of super aspies".

Those exact words "a race of super aspies".

I replied "it's alright dude. You took one too many hits of that acid. Just drink some beer. And sleep it off."

He got upset, and demanded to know what part of his statement was in anyway crazy.

But then the mods pounced on him, and presumably banned him.

So I never got the fun of hearing him out. But whatever it was he on about...he sincerly believed it. And it must have been rather entertaining. Delusional but entertaining. :lol:

Maybe the thought that Hitler was forcing people like Sheldon Leonard and Amy Fowler to mate, and to breed, in order to create a race of rocket scientists.

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2022, 8:16 pm

I've always said it's half hereditary and half environment.

The hereditary part can also be what creates the environment.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2022, 8:29 pm

so mebbe it is 3/4 hereditary then? :idea:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2022, 8:49 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Jakki wrote:

This is actually the second time I have heard sumpin like this.
The “tongue-in-cheek” claim seems to have been edited in after I had asked if she was stating facts or spreading rumors.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2022, 8:51 pm

Heredity has alot to do with it. And folks are born with the condition.

I didnt start out NT and become aspie over time. Had aspie traits from the get go from back in first grade. But certain dysfunctional things about the family might have reinforced my aspieness. But my sister is NT.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2022, 9:07 pm

Noamx wrote:
- Mother's age over 30. The older, the higher the chance.

My mother was 30, my father 37.

Since autism passes genetically, I guess old grandparents when they gave birth to parents would likely make parents hidden-autistic which would then pass to kids. This being said,

My mom's mom was 32, my mom's dad was 39 when my mom was born.
My father's mother was around 35 when my father was born. I don't know about father's father.

However, this just reminded me of what my mom had to say about this. From her perspective, both me as well as my parents/grandparents are younger than my age, which is why they had kids late. This makes me think of causation in a different direction:

Maybe the parents that have kids late, have them late BECAUSE they carry autistic genes. So its not the age that makes the genes mutate but INSTEAD its the fact that they were BORN with autistic genes that makes them have kids late.

Noamx wrote:
- Family history of Autism spectrum disorders, like if your uncle / cousin had a similar thing, for example.

My third male cousin on my mom's side developed bipolar. My third female cousin on my mom's side developed mood disorder as well, I think probably depression. My father's mother had Alzcheimer's desease when she was old.

But, if I look OUTISIDE of actual diagnosis, then yes I notice some autistic traits. Neither of the aforementioned third cousins ever got married. My female third cousin is into literature and stuff and seems a bit like living in her own world. Both of my parents were the only children and I was the only child as well (so those specific choices look autistic). My mom was shy and scared of strangers as a little kid and had to ask other kids to explain movies to her. She also is observant about things as an adult. My father had bad temper and was on a less social side. He also had his own ideas about things he was tuck on.

Noamx wrote:
- Being born with one of the less social astrology signs, like capricorn, virgo, pisces, cancer.

I was born as Sagittarius

Noamx wrote:
- Bad parenting, although isnt the direct cause of it, can make the syndrome worse(I can personally confirm this).

Both of my parents were extremely overprotective. But that was the result of Asperger rather than the cause. At the same time, however, it added to my social problems as I was shocked to discover that the rest of the world is not overprotective like they were. So it is a bit of self-perpetuating problem. Asperger caused them to be over-protective and them being over-protective made Asperger worse.

Last edited by QFT on 21 Jul 2022, 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2022, 9:19 pm

Jakki wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
the planets/stars/nodes et al do NOT have a direct physical influence on earthlings. they merely are heavenly signposts up ahead suggesting the existence of a subtle universal schedule of energy that so far nobody this side of the twilight zone has been able to limn.

What is limn?

So after all this the lunar effect on plants , oceans ,etc. . Are to be ignored .? And the moon is quite far away from all of us ? Yet there seems to be a prevalence for the idea that the oceans and even people effected ?admitted to hospitals For Emergencies .
Might not be a Clue .? As to potential planetery influences .?
Perhaps mass vs distance of a planet, might be a thing to consider ? Or maybe not ?

The moon is very close. The stars are light years away and have no gravitational impact.

The gravitational pull of the moon does cause the tides due to how close the moon is.

There's anecdotal evidence that the moon affects people but no real evidence that I'm aware of. People like to see patterns and reasons for things when there aren't any (which is a large reason why we have astrology). It makes us feel safer and our chaotic reality more predictable, but it's all an illusion.

Bad things like accidents happen for no good reason except our own clumsiness or lack of foresight.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 21 Jul 2022, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2022, 9:41 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mitochondria, which are also the powerhouse of the cell
Please finish your thought.

Fnord, you're really out-doing yourself with the pedantry as of recent. Your hard work deserves commendation because many believed it'd be impossible for you to become even more pedantic over trivial matters than your long-established average

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

22 Jul 2022, 6:01 am

! Cornflake wrote:
So much unnecessary snark... :roll:

It's creating the impression that some posters would rather be seen as a challenger, making little effort to engage in the discussion other than to pick it apart line by line.

Ok, well done.

Having now "exposed" everything and still received nothing by way of satisfactory evidence, I suggest that the point has been made, your* work here is done - and to continue becomes, overall, a negative influence.

Accept that some people have beliefs that will never be explained to your satisfaction, and move on.
There's nothing for you in this thread.

* you/your being a generic, non-specific you/your.