Page 4 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2023, 1:08 am

ToughDiamond wrote:
Thanks for the info, but I'm more looking for a way of legally and cheaply using CBD, not marijuana as such - I suspect that would antagonise my already poor short-term memory although that would be temporary. I gather it's also also still illegal (perhaps criminally so) to use it in a public place or even in a vehicle that's in a public place, which are the only places I can think of where I could use it at all, the definition of public being rather broad ranging. The journey there would probably take a couple of hours by car. Carrying it back over the State line would be a criminal offense for sure. Still, I'm grateful for the heads-up, and will keep the information in case the situation changes or a legal loophole comes to light in the future.

https://www.thv11.com/article/news/loca ... b83525fd59
this might be the legal loophole you were hoping for.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2023, 8:59 am

auntblabby wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:
Thanks for the info, but I'm more looking for a way of legally and cheaply using CBD, not marijuana as such - I suspect that would antagonise my already poor short-term memory although that would be temporary. I gather it's also also still illegal (perhaps criminally so) to use it in a public place or even in a vehicle that's in a public place, which are the only places I can think of where I could use it at all, the definition of public being rather broad ranging. The journey there would probably take a couple of hours by car. Carrying it back over the State line would be a criminal offense for sure. Still, I'm grateful for the heads-up, and will keep the information in case the situation changes or a legal loophole comes to light in the future.

POT can make your head Wonky ........ :twisted: :evil: :evil: .... :ninja: .......( :mrgreen: )

where ever you go ,there you are

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2023, 11:37 am

auntblabby wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:

Well, if I understand the article, it's saying that Arkansas tried to effectively stop the supply of CBD (it included products containing less than 0.3% THC which wouldn't get a fly high), and that the hemp industry has persuaded a judge to put a temporary block on the enforcement of that law, pending a full trial next year.

Supporters of the original law claim they're trying to protect children from buying and swallowing a ton of CBD Gummies in the hope of getting a bit high. The cynic in me suspects they just want to wreck the CBD industry because they see it as essentially sinful, but it's possible that they just see wrecking it as cheaper than regulating it. Given that they're staunch Trump supporters, it's odd that they don't respect his decision to sign the Farm Bill that legalised hemp, but I suppose it's naive to expect much integrity from politicians. I suppose they'd say it just means they generally approve of him but don't think the sun shines out of his butt, if they didn't just dodge the question by screaming about commies wanting to kill America's lovely children. They'd probably opt for the latter response, as it's an effective emotive trick while the former involves logic and reason, which can only work on educated people.

Anyway, I still can't grow my own hemp because I can't afford the fees for the registration and regulation, and I'm lousy at navigating unfamiliar red tape. They've made sure that if there's going to be a hemp industry at all, it'll be run by big business. And even if I could jump through their hoops, if the law went the wrong way next year I'd be criminalised overnight if I didn't burn my crop very quickly and completely at the drop of the hat.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2023, 11:55 am

Jakki wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:

POT can make your head Wonky ........ :twisted: :evil: :evil: .... :ninja: .......( :mrgreen: )

Why does everybody think I'm looking for pot? I'm looking for legal, cost-effective CBD. The fact that I could technically consume pot without breaking the law if I went to Missouri is just an interesting side issue. In practice I can't legally have either.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2023, 7:54 pm

lots of things are illegal. doesn't stop peoples.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2023, 8:23 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:
I think it depends a lot on the person. Might be overall very helpful, or just give you a rotten experience. So maybe the best thing would be to try a small dose. They say that this "cannabis psychosis" thing can happen to a minority of young people using very high-THC varieties, otherwise I suppose it's as dangerous as crossing the road. They also say that in some jurisdictions the police would usually do you a lot more damage than the drug would, so it may be better to do it legally if possible.

CBD appeared to tone down my sensory issues and mellow me out, but only in prohibitively-expensive large doses. I would get round the cost by simply growing my own hemp, but apparently it's a criminal offense to do that without a costly and hard-to-get license, and I don't want to jeopardize my Green Card, so I'm stumped unless I move to a place where the law is less strict, and that wouldn't be without bigger problems.

does your state at least have a medical pot regime?

I've heard that it does, but that most doctors will have nothing to do with it, so that in practice it's rather hard to get the pot. I suppose I'd have to qualify as being in medical need of the stuff, and I'd probably have to cross the bigwigs' hands with silver at every turn. I don't even have a doctor or medical insurance here yet. You'd have hoped that doing it legally would be cheaper, but I hear otherwise.

If it's anything like Colorado you find a cannabis doctor(as a lot of regular doctors here won't approve it either), pay the 100 dollar fee, tell them why you need it...some may require more documentation than others but the one I went to just telling them I had PTSD was enough. Then you can get a medical marijuana card that shows you're allowed to have it.

I didn't renew mine because medical marijuana is not much cheaper than recreational here and didn't feel like paying the 100 bucks that I could just use to buy weed.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2023, 12:14 am

auntblabby wrote:

It stops me, if it's a criminal offense. Not on moral grounds of course, just risk aversion.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2023, 12:17 am

ToughDiamond wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

It stops me, if it's a criminal offense. Not on moral grounds of course, just risk aversion.

apologies, i should have remembered your exigencies regarding immigration. i sure hope that your state gets its act together and makes at least quality CBD available to its citizens.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2023, 12:26 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:
I think it depends a lot on the person. Might be overall very helpful, or just give you a rotten experience. So maybe the best thing would be to try a small dose. They say that this "cannabis psychosis" thing can happen to a minority of young people using very high-THC varieties, otherwise I suppose it's as dangerous as crossing the road. They also say that in some jurisdictions the police would usually do you a lot more damage than the drug would, so it may be better to do it legally if possible.

CBD appeared to tone down my sensory issues and mellow me out, but only in prohibitively-expensive large doses. I would get round the cost by simply growing my own hemp, but apparently it's a criminal offense to do that without a costly and hard-to-get license, and I don't want to jeopardize my Green Card, so I'm stumped unless I move to a place where the law is less strict, and that wouldn't be without bigger problems.

I've heard that it does, but that most doctors will have nothing to do with it, so that in practice it's rather hard to get the pot. I suppose I'd have to qualify as being in medical need of the stuff, and I'd probably have to cross the bigwigs' hands with silver at every turn. I don't even have a doctor or medical insurance here yet. You'd have hoped that doing it legally would be cheaper, but I hear otherwise.

If it's anything like Colorado you find a cannabis doctor(as a lot of regular doctors here won't approve it either), pay the 100 dollar fee, tell them why you need it...some may require more documentation than others but the one I went to just telling them I had PTSD was enough. Then you can get a medical marijuana card that shows you're allowed to have it.

I didn't renew mine because medical marijuana is not much cheaper than recreational here and didn't feel like paying the 100 bucks that I could just use to buy weed.

Much the same in Arkansas. It's more trouble and expense than it's worth, though I guess it depends on the person and their exact circumstances. I've heard of people for whom it's the safest and most effective way of treating severe epilepsy.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2023, 12:34 am

auntblabby wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

apologies, i should have remembered your exigencies regarding immigration. i sure hope that your state gets its act together and makes at least quality CBD available to its citizens.

A forgivable mistake :-) As for CBD, even before they started trying to ban it, they were charging a small fortune for the large amounts I'd need. I don't see that changing any time soon. It's the same in the UK. And it's all to pay for the red tape. If not for that it would cost almost nothing.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2023, 2:04 am

ToughDiamond wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:

I didn't renew mine because medical marijuana is not much cheaper than recreational here and didn't feel like paying the 100 bucks that I could ju

If medical was the only way to get it here, I'd fork out the 100 bucks for a med card for sure, it's just not nessisary because there is a dispensary every five blocks so you may find better deals at some places than others. That said these days people try to make strains all about the THC...and idk its nice to find lower thc weed that just has nice terpenes that make you feel relalxed rather than 25 % or more thc that some people are after...I personally prefer nice relaxing weed. Helps my PTSD and anxiety.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2023, 2:19 am

ToughDiamond wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

IDk though you are in your 70's so it would not be so suspicious if you ventured across a state line to get what you need. THey probably will not stop and search a 70 year old man, just make sure you don't break any road rules to draw attention, and you could probably travel out of state pick up some cbd and go home and no one would know. Stupid you'd have to sneakily do it like cbd doesn't even get you high it just causes relaxation and pain relief for some but nothing I can do about your state laws.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2023, 10:21 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

IDk though you are in your 70's so it would not be so suspicious if you ventured across a state line to get what you need. THey probably will not stop and search a 70 year old man, just make sure you don't break any road rules to draw attention, and you could probably travel out of state pick up some cbd and go home and no one would know. Stupid you'd have to sneakily do it like cbd doesn't even get you high it just causes relaxation and pain relief for some but nothing I can do about your state laws.

Well, so far they've been unable to make the law stick, so I hope good sense prevails when they try again next year. But the stuff costs so much that in practice it prohibits me from using it anyway. Normal doses have no effect on me.