Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Sep 2022, 7:51 pm

yet another question (please let me know if i'm posting too much or whatever. i'm not used to this)

in the last few months i've had confirmations one after another that i'm most likely on the spectrum. i'm more sure everyday, but i think i'm over thinking my interactions with medical and mental health because

I can't really read their intentions. plus my therapist and psychiatrist seemed to measure my symptoms to the stereotypical ones. i'm high functioning and i feel like they care but sort of lack wanting to help me. they gave me numbers to call but no real encouragement. I'm on a state funded medical program so a diagnosis is not covered. Ive called several places and aside from an evaluation (he said he believes i have autism), I've gotten so many cold, indifferent responses to regional centers aside from stating cost and waiting list.
like a person crawling thirsty for water and the person next a glass of water just points at it "here it is" but doesn't offer any real help. that's why i'm wondering if i'm reading into this wrong. are my drs really trying or not? they seem concerned about my ptsd, depression, anxiety. i'm just so overwhelmed because i see so many drs the last few months and all i want to talk about is autism but i don't because i'm afraid of it being minimized.
I'm trying to used the advice you guys give me. thank you again

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 8:19 pm

I don't think that you're overthinking things at all. I'm sure that we've all had thoughts like that.

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Sep 2022, 11:34 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I don't think that you're overthinking things at all. I'm sure that we've all had thoughts like that.

Oh really? Good to know. Im seeing I'm not as "defective" as I grew up feeling. Just different

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 12:03 pm

I cannot really answer your question. It is because I do not really know you. But I will throw out some of my thoughts. I am an Aspie. As a result I think differently than most of the people in this world. Most people operate on around a 55 percent basis when making a decision. They make decisions at almost light speed but many times they make the wrong decision. My mind works much slower. Like a Turtle compared to the speed of a Rabbit. It makes decisions based on around a 99 percent basis. I look at things from many different angles and consider them all. Thus I am rarely wrong.

So if you are a high functioning Aspie, there are some things to keep in mind. Some drugs can harm your mind and take away your ability to make logical decisions. They can lead you astray. These drugs may be illegal drugs, but also some legal over-the-counter drugs can damage your high functioning mind and lead it astray. And once you are on these drugs, it can sometimes be very difficult to get off them or remove their side effects from your body.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 12:17 pm

From what you've sad, it doesn't sound like you are over-thinking. I'd say you were thinking differently than those people you have been interacting with. It sounds like a typical NT to ND communication issue. I'd say you are reacting normally to it. Sometimes I am left unsure of, or just unsatisfied that I have understood everything in an interaction and am also unsure if I have been understood.