Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2022, 9:20 pm

Does anyone else wake up multiple times a night, especially every hour or so?

I've always slept like this, and it makes me feel very tired all the time. I don't get into the deeper stages of sleep for long enough to feel rested. Due to this it also can take around 10-12 total hours of sleep for me to even begin to feel somewhat rested. I usually manage to get just 4-6 total hours, so I'm constantly sleep deprived. If I'm really, really exhausted I can sometimes manage to sleep for at least 3-4 hours at a time, and get that 10-12 hours total, but that doesn't happen often enough.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2022, 11:47 pm

I've not heard of it being an ASD thing, but I gather it's a known problem for some of the general population. Here's a few possible causes and fixes:

https://thesleepdoctor.com/sleep-faqs/w ... -at-night/

It happens to me a bit, typically once or twice during the first couple of hours or so. I quite commonly wake after having a dream quite soon after first falling asleep, and then have trouble dropping off again. I tend to gaze at TV screens and computer screens for most of the day and evening, without bothering to stop myself doing that towards bedtime, so I probably deserve it. I also drink a lot of liquid all the time throughout the day and evening, again without bothering to stop, and the result is that I wake up a couple of times needing to urinate. So no mysteries there, in my case.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 4:00 am

Yes, before a burnout and during one. I won't say it is every hour but a few times and having 3 to 4 hour sleeps etc.