Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Mephitidae
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Feb 2023, 12:20 pm

As an autistic with serious sensory overload problems, I've seen what this site recommends for noise canceling headphones... And they cost way too much...

These;
https://www.dollartree.com/2boomtm-blue ... nes/315177

cost all of $5 dollars... sounds better than you would think $5 sounds and does a great job muffling sound without any active noise canceling needed... as much as I hate Walmart, I can actually go into that building, seemingly designed to echo sound, with no problems with these on...

No, I don't get anything out of this for plugging this product... I just really really like their ability to muffle noise and the tiny price tag that goes with it.. ...also doesn't risk getting my expensive Koss headphones stolen...

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 12:32 pm

Last time I looked, the received wisdom was that noise cancelling headphones would do much to block the kind of sounds that bother me the most, but that was a long time ago, and if they're really $5, there doesn't seem much to lose by trying them. Interesting discovery.

Silence23
Toucan
Toucan

20 Feb 2023, 4:23 pm

Is it for at home? Then better get a thick curtain in front of your windows. And maybe noise cancelling foam on the walls.