Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

GoldenMom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Dec 2019, 9:18 pm

I’ve been researching the properties and side effects of main drugs used for anxiety - super scary. During my research, I came across THC-free CBD oil and how parents of ASD kids have been raving about for years, and how lots of people are taking it with amazing results with little to no side effects.

The research is just now picking up and gaining more attention, so we really don’t know much about it’s long term effects, especially on growing brains. We don’t know which specific combination and strength of CBD is best, and what is the dose range that would be safer and most beneficial.

But after reading and watching so many testimonies, I am feeling very tempted to try it for myself - but I’m hesitant. I found a couple of companies that seem legit, with the independent lab report. But still.... I’m hesitant, will need to talk to my doctor about it, but most docs aren’t as knowledgeable about it yet.

Have you tried CBD oil? What are your thoughts? Did you notice any difference?

Diagnosed with ASD Level 1 on 10/28/19 (Better late than never)

Mom to 9 y/o boy diagnosed with ASD and ADHD on 11/15/19

darkwaver
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Dec 2019, 9:35 pm

Tried a couple of different brands, didn't notice much of an effect.

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2019, 9:48 pm

Some people think it's a magical cure-all for everything from cancer to global warming.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2019, 9:53 pm

I tried some gel caps on several different occasions and found no changes in anything. I work with a guy who says it saved his life as he was so depressed from chronic pain from a back injury that he contemplated suicide. I got a better feeling of well being deeply smelling the jar of food grade hemp seeds at the local co-op.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2019, 10:38 pm

The use of electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) and vaping has produced several deaths recently. It appears much of these deaths and hospitalization were due to individuals using CBD oil in these devices. Young people will experiment but vaping CBD oil is deadly.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2019, 11:00 pm

stuff's expensive but i should try it, esp. in combo with THC :hic:

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2019, 12:54 am

I am familiar with the concept, but have not researched it, nor recall whom I have spoken to who suggested it, nor for what they suggested it. I am building context in my head and perhaps next time will ask better questions. I definitely would use controlled dosages as you are considering. Let us know if you do and how it goes!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2019, 12:56 am

i hope that it is more effective than the THC medible i tried which did about 1% of what i hoped it would do.

GoldenMom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Dec 2019, 6:20 pm

From what I’ve seen, a lot of people take way too little. The cheaper bottles have a lower total milligram, and even if you take a full dropper, the dose may not be enough. Some people take just a few drops. I think a lot has to do with that. Wrong dose.

Here is my understanding so far:

Our bodies have an endocannabinoid system, and we actually produce CBD ourselves as a mechanism that helps us cope with stress, and help the synapses be more efficient. If there is not enough “CBD keys” to fit in the “endocannabinoid locks”, you probably won’t feel the effects of the oil you are taking. You just have to take enough keys for you to feel it.

For those of you who did not feel the effects, what was the dosage you were taking?

Diagnosed with ASD Level 1 on 10/28/19 (Better late than never)

Mom to 9 y/o boy diagnosed with ASD and ADHD on 11/15/19

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2019, 7:17 pm

not speaking of the oil but to partially answer your question or a tangent off same, the one morsel of medible gave me the tiniest hint of a proto-buzz, i would have needed to eat a handful of the stuff to get any noticeable therapeutic effect.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2019, 7:02 pm

I was just at the library and what should be displayed prominently on the new book shelf: "The CBD Oil Solution". I read about full-spectrum and isolate; I read about anxiety, sleep, migraines; I read about oils, salves, food recipes. It did not readily see a section on dosages, but it did so more or less for certain conditions.

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2019, 10:15 pm

Talk to your doctor first.

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2019, 10:05 pm

Go for it, it relaxes me, the stuff is pretty mild. Get some higher quality if you can afford it, cheap stuff is pretty unpalatable.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2019, 6:43 am

GoldenMom wrote:
I’ve been researching the properties and side effects of main drugs used for anxiety - super scary. During my research, I came across THC-free CBD oil and how parents of ASD kids have been raving about for years, and how lots of people are taking it with amazing results with little to no side effects.

The research is just now picking up and gaining more attention, so we really don’t know much about it’s long term effects, especially on growing brains. We don’t know which specific combination and strength of CBD is best, and what is the dose range that would be safer and most beneficial.

But after reading and watching so many testimonies, I am feeling very tempted to try it for myself - but I’m hesitant. I found a couple of companies that seem legit, with the independent lab report. But still.... I’m hesitant, will need to talk to my doctor about it, but most docs aren’t as knowledgeable about it yet.

Have you tried CBD oil? What are your thoughts? Did you notice any difference?

Nothing no help , could notice , but a small thc component is calming to over stimm . Efibles seem to have longer effect.

where ever you go ,there you are

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2019, 7:03 am

GoldenMom wrote:
From what I’ve seen, a lot of people take way too little. The cheaper bottles have a lower total milligram, and even if you take a full dropper, the dose may not be enough. Some people take just a few drops. I think a lot has to do with that. Wrong dose.

Here is my understanding so far:

Our bodies have an endocannabinoid system, and we actually produce CBD ourselves as a mechanism that helps us cope with stress, and help the synapses be more efficient. If there is not enough “CBD keys” to fit in the “endocannabinoid locks”, you probably won’t feel the effects of the oil you are taking. You just have to take enough keys for you to feel it.

For those of you who did not feel the effects, what was the dosage you were taking?

Do not take utube or stuff on net as factual plz. Regardless how many times you read it . Your the only guinee pig that can tell. Dosages are very independent from person to person .. Go on a cbd oil / thc vacation . Test yourself . Obviously take a few days to do this..start very small , edibles will be
Easier on a person. Let it wear off 12-24 hours before next attempt.
Am writing this way , cause of a major amount of time involved in this stuff.
Many many years...on and off of it. Self medicating and adjusting dosages for myself. And if you need to ,after you start., feel too drawn to it. Time to take a break from it. NO Doctor lives inside of you , only you . Undesireable side effects include lethargy , lung impairment if you inhale.And vitamin C absorbtion impairment .

And was properly afraid of it .

where ever you go ,there you are

leahbear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Dec 2019, 2:27 pm

If you’re looking for guidance on more natural, less harmful ways to decrease anxiety maybe a naturopath or someone similar is what you’re looking for. They would discuss CBD with you but might want to look at other causes like gut issues, nutrient deficiences, etc. I had a bunch of chronic conditions and my naturopath was able to look through them all and see that my gut issues were the root cause of all of them. We worked on healing my gut and it not only fixed my chronic conditions but improved my mood, energy and greatly decreased my anxiety.