Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 4:11 pm

eeg wrote:
and since I graduated college

What did you major in, in college?

eeg wrote:
In this time, I was thinking to workout to lose weight, learning some languages, including Italian, and pursuing my hobbies

What are your hobbies?

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 6:17 pm

I began working when I was very young. All types of jobs. I went to college and obtained a degree. But when I graduated it was in the middle of a depression and there were no jobs available. I applied to 200 positions in person and then also mailed out another 300 resumes. After 6 months of trying, I almost gave up. But then by chance I went to an interview and they offered me a job. I worked for 40 years and then retired. Sometimes getting your first career job can be difficult. So the best advice I can give you is to keep trying.

Silas
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Feb 2023, 4:28 pm

Here are a couple suggestions:

You can teach people how to speak Portuguese, Spanish, and English on the Internet. There are sites like iTalki which can set you up as an online tutor. I am taking Arabic right now on Udemy --it is just some guy who put together the course.

There are also some college courses / certificate programs for language instruction you could look into

While you are doing that part-time, go to a temporary employment agency and say you are looking for work. You can get temp work pretty easily. The pay isn't great, but it is work.

I also recommend improving your technology skills. Get a certification in something like Microsoft Office, which is used by pretty much every company.