Page 4 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2023, 2:07 am

bee33 wrote:
Greta is in no way exaggerating. Climate change is an enormous, impending catastrophe that at this point can only be mitigated, if prompt action is taken (which is currently not being done, not to the extent that is necessary), and can no longer be stopped. Even in a best-case scenario it will cause great upheaval.

Do you know which country contributes the most carbon emissions?
I suggest Greta visits them some time and shames them into submission.

bee33 wrote:
Al Gore was timid in his predictions and was actually very much underselling the seriousness of climate change.

Quote:
Inconvenient truth for Al Gore as he's caught exaggerating the threat of global warming... again

By David Derbyshire for MailOnline
Updated: 12:08 AEDT, 16 December 2009

Quote:
His comments are likely to embarrass Mr Gore, who has been accused of scaremongering.

Two years ago, a High Court judge ruled his Oscarwinning documentary An Inconvenient Truth was ‘alarmist’ and contained nine scientific errors.

It's the latest embarrassment for Gore, an outspoken environmental campaigner who has earned millions of pounds from green investments and faced repeated criticism for scaremongering.

The court said copies of the film sent to secondary schools should be accompanied with notes to balance Gore's views.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... again.html

bee33 wrote:
Again, these are scientific facts. They are agreed upon by over
Quote:
97% of climate scientists

"Micky Mouse" was one of these "scientists". :mrgreen:

Also, a lot of these so-called climate scientists were actually "citizen scientists".

Quote:
According to Green, the main problem with some of the countless climate change surveys is that they can be biased towards respondents with certain opinions, or targeted at people who lack expertise in climate science.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/scie ... 82401.html

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2023, 2:12 am

funeralxempire wrote:
bee33 wrote:
Again, these are scientific facts. They are agreed upon by over 97% of climate scientists.

Aren't you failing to consider what non-experts feel is true? Non-experts are much more divided. :shameonyou:

Obviously the truth is exactly between those two reasonable and moderate positions, but let's not suggest it's saying choochoo b*****s!

Misrepresenting the context as per usual.

Catastrophists do exist.
The high court says so. 8)

Gammeldans
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Mar 2023, 5:10 am

Is this still a thread on autism?

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2023, 3:18 am

She has more miles under her belt than me and only goes into rambling monologues with nothing in the way of answering proper questions.

She's just annoying.

Urselius
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Mar 2023, 3:57 am

Nades wrote:
She has more miles under her belt than me and only goes into rambling monologues with nothing in the way of answering proper questions.

She's just annoying.

Autistics tend to infodump on their 'special interests'. NTs find many autistics "just annoying". So, basically, you are saying that she shows autistic characteristics.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2023, 4:07 am

Urselius wrote:
Nades wrote:

She's just annoying.

Autistics tend to infodump on their 'special interests'. NTs find many autistics "just annoying". So, basically, you are saying that she shows autistic characteristics.

If these are her autistic characteristics then they're annoying.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Mar 2023, 4:20 am

skibum wrote:
Greta Thunberg is a great kid with a passion and a heart. I love that and I respect her tremendously for it.

Meh! However, those with great passion are the ones that burn out, due to being a “one trick pony.” (And I’m speaking from experience).

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2023, 6:44 am

I like how easily she dismisses the trolls who try to attack her personally instead of arguing against what she actually has to say.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2023, 8:08 am

MuddRM wrote:
skibum wrote:
Greta Thunberg is a great kid with a passion and a heart. I love that and I respect her tremendously for it.

Meh! However, those with great passion are the ones that burn out, due to being a “one trick pony.” (And I’m speaking from experience).
If that's the case, then she might burn out as well.

Wreck It Ralph

Jon81
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Mar 2023, 4:42 pm

The discussion on her not being autistic is unnecessary. She's 100% autistic in every way possible.

Her parents already have enough fame and would probably do whatever it takes to keep her out of the spotlights.

I think she's the kind of aspie that divides espies. My father, who is just as obsessed about the climate but in the opposite way, absolutely hates her.

Diagnosed with ADHD 2022

Dengashinobi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2023, 4:54 pm

In my opinion Greta Thurngerg is just a bizarre saint of this new wannabe quasi religious conglomeration of scientistic beliefs that we call the modern left.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2023, 8:38 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I like how easily she dismisses the trolls who try to attack her personally instead of arguing against what she actually has to say.

And then there are "trolls" who shred her arguments legitimately via reason. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2023, 8:42 pm

Jon81 wrote:
The discussion on her not being autistic is unnecessary. She's 100% autistic in every way possible.

Her parents already have enough fame and would probably do whatever it takes to keep her out of the spotlights.

I think she's the kind of aspie that divides espies. My father, who is just as obsessed about the climate but in the opposite way, absolutely hates her.

Some found an emotionalistic precocious 16-year-old snarling on the world stage entertaining. :mrgreen:

Gammeldans
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Mar 2023, 10:07 am

Jon81 wrote:

I think her mother is more famous than her father.
I think her father is an actor but I have never seen him in anything I guess.

I think she is autistic but...that does not mean that she is a good role model.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2023, 10:26 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:

This is very much the norm when it comes to Greta. People can't argue against her words/message, so attacking her personally is their only outlet.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2023, 10:53 pm

Jon81 wrote:

Speculation.
Plz, provide "evidence" why you think that. 8)