Interesting Test of Recognising Facial Expressions

Page 4 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2023, 9:24 pm

KitLily wrote:
OMG guys!

Here is a facial expression test where you have to pick out the expression that does NOT show the named emotion.

Good luck with this one!! ! !

https://www.paulekman.com/quizzes/whats ... test-quiz/

I went down in flames - 0 out of 7

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2023, 9:34 pm

I got 6 out of 7 although I found it challenging. In a couple, I tried to choose the picture that did not match the others.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2023, 9:41 pm

SharonB wrote:
@KitLily - 6/7 for me. Apparently I am confused by blonde vs brunette disgust. :wink: Your score?

Which reminds me, my inexpressive ASD friend scored 12/20 on the other one, less than my score as an expressive person. I wonder if the recognition of expressions is correlated with the outward expressiveness of a person. Which came first?

I'm not expressive. I've been told that I have a flat affect, but I scored 16/20 and 6/7 on the tests. There doesn't seem to be a correlation for me. Of course, the results of these tests should probably be taken with a grain of salt.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2023, 1:19 am

Your Score: 13/20
Not bad. Your score places you around the average at reading expressions.

i can guaran-damned-tee that when i was younger i would not have had this score.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2023, 4:10 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
In a couple, I tried to choose the picture that did not match the others.
That's what I did for all of them. One of the 4 photos looks pretty different in most of the samples. I got 5/7.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2023, 6:16 am

DanielW wrote:
KitLily wrote:
OMG guys!

Here is a facial expression test where you have to pick out the expression that does NOT show the named emotion.

I went down in flames - 0 out of 7

I'm not surprised, that test was near impossible IMO! I just made wild guesses.

The stupid thing is, people don't stand there for 10 minutes with one expression on their faces! They change them in a few seconds!

So an even more realistic test would be seeing each expression for a few seconds. That would probably kill me :lol:

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2023, 6:18 am

I got 4/7 but as I said, they were wild guesses. It was more like choosing which photo wasn't exactly like the other 3. More of a 'pick the odd one out' game.

But even then, most were wild guesses and I had no clue.

As I got 12/20 for the other test, I can say that I have a 50:50 chance of knowing what expression people are making. So it's not surprising I get in trouble knowing what is going on :roll:

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2023, 8:25 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
SharonB wrote:
I wonder if the recognition of expressions is correlated with the outward expressiveness of a person. Which came first?

I'm not expressive. I've been told that I have a flat affect, but I scored 16/20 and 6/7 on the tests. There doesn't seem to be a correlation for me. Of course, the results of these tests should probably be taken with a grain of salt.

Thank you for the data point. I have the difficulty where on paper my intellectual EQ is 95%, but my practical EQ is 25% tops. So I know how I want to behave, I can see how a situation could be handled well... and make the mouth and limbs work to make it happen (in relation to others). Frustrating.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2023, 10:12 am

SharonB wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
SharonB wrote:
I wonder if the recognition of expressions is correlated with the outward expressiveness of a person. Which came first?

Thank you for the data point. I have the difficulty where on paper my intellectual EQ is 95%, but my practical EQ is 25% tops. So I know how I want to behave, I can see how a situation could be handled well... and make the mouth and limbs work to make it happen (in relation to others). Frustrating.

Me too. I'm eloquent and sociable in writing but not half as much in person. I can't think what to say, let alone express it! Everything moves too fast!

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jun 2023, 8:51 am

theres different types of eq? :0

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2023, 12:34 pm

jimmyjazzuk wrote:

What's EQ? I didn't see it in that post before. I've heard of Emotional Intelligence though. Is it the same?

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2023, 4:46 pm

jimmyjazzuk wrote:

LOL. Yes, book smarts and street smarts. Story of my life.

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2023, 4:58 pm

KitLily wrote:
OMG guys!

5/7 on this one. Guess I'm better at telling which facial expressions are not something than which ones are something.

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jun 2023, 8:08 pm

KitLily wrote:
jimmyjazzuk wrote:

What's EQ? I didn't see it in that post before. I've heard of Emotional Intelligence though. Is it the same?

yep

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2023, 8:50 pm

Quote:
You got 4 out of 7
Nice job! Your score reflects average emotional facial expression recognition, although there is still room to improve your emotional awareness (EQ) and understanding of nonverbal facial cues. For you, we recommend starting with the Face Advanced training package to help you focus on strengthening your detection skills when faced with micro and subtle facial expressions. These are expressions that are only visible for a fraction of a second and reveal a person’s true feelings, particularly when they’re attempting to hide or mask those emotions. Build your detection skills for better communication and awareness in every setting.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2023, 2:59 am

I think a better test would be one where the expression flashes up for a few seconds and we have to guess it. Because people don't keep one expression forever so we can study it, do they.

I've got obsessed with this subject now :lol:

I found this one about micro-expressions. This one is impossible! :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.paulekman.com/quizzes/micro ... ions-test/