Interesting Test of Recognising Facial Expressions

Page 5 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2023, 3:28 am

^You have to enter your name and email to get the results, unfortunately. I'm not sure why, but I didn't think I should give them my info.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2023, 3:42 am

I got 13, but some didn't seem to correlate to any of the emotions for me and the longer I looked at the ones I instinctively got the less sure I was.

If there had been a 'Holding in a fart' option I'd have chosen that for most of them.

TinaS
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Jun 2023, 3:11 pm

Got 10/20.
I get shame and embarrassment confused, same with pain and disgust.

Also the “Love” picture confuses me, how can she express love? Is her partner behind the camera work? Because otherwise I can’t understand.

The happy faces felt polite to me. Maybe that says more about me, because in general terms, when people are nice to me, I just think they’re just trying to be polite…

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2023, 2:22 am

bee33 wrote:
^You have to enter your name and email to get the results, unfortunately. I'm not sure why, but I didn't think I should give them my info.

Yes don't do that if you don't want to. They aren't entitled to your name and email.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2023, 2:23 am

TinaS wrote:
The happy faces felt polite to me. Maybe that says more about me, because in general terms, when people are nice to me, I just think they’re just trying to be polite…

Same here! I can't tell if people are actually being nice to me or just being polite to humour me!

I can't tell if people are being nice or patronising to me either :roll:

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2023, 2:24 am

DuckHairback wrote:
If there had been a 'Holding in a fart' option I'd have chosen that for most of them.

:lol: Especially the guy screwing up his face theatrically!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2023, 3:32 am

bee33 wrote:

They just showed my score at the bottom of the last page. Didnt give them anything.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2023, 5:36 am

TinaS wrote:

It had never occurred to me before this test that one could make a 'polite' face. I can understand saying something polite but how do you make a polite face? Is a neutral face impolite?

Off Topic
And now I've also just noticed that polite is very close etymologically to political. Which makes a whole world of sense. Learning all sorts today.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2023, 12:17 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
TinaS wrote:

It had never occurred to me before this test that one could make a 'polite' face. I can understand saying something polite but how do you make a polite face? Is a neutral face impolite?

Off Topic
And now I've also just noticed that polite is very close etymologically to political. Which makes a whole world of sense. Learning all sorts today.

I have no idea how to make the polite face :lol: Many times people just tell me what face I'm making and it's not what I'm feeling inside at all. I often get told I look sneaky when I'm just really confused or thinking about how to do something.

An interesting etymological fact, thanks!