i age gracefully :D 34%  34%  [ 10 ]
i dunno. :shrug: 24%  24%  [ 7 ]
where's my ice cream? :chef: 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 29

Campingbare
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Nov 2023, 11:09 pm

I have been told time after time in my earlier years that I was born 40. In my teens, my family doctor told me to stay physically active all my life because "you'll rust out far faster than you'll wear out". So far, he seems to have been right. My mother turns 88 next week. She still actively gardens, cleans house, and generally stays busy. She walks with a cane, but she refuses to use the electric carts when she shops.

I am 65 now, but my mental image of myself is still in my teens (or maybe early 20s now). I have had arthritis since I was 14, grey hair since I was 14, and while I now have a terminal illness, I have exceeded my expiration date by 4 1/2 years so far and am not circling the drain yet. Last week, I backpacked 9 miles of loose sand trails because my ATV wouldn't start, and I wanted to get to my wilderness camp more than I wanted to stay home. Hence the backpacking. The return trip was much easier because I had a 100 foot long, 4 foot wide roll of window screen tied to the outside of my pack, as well as a hammock I dropped off at my camp. Of course, I had eaten the food in the pack as well.

My mother's side of the family seems to have long lived individuals in every other generation. I have outlived all my father's relatives except him - he died at 83.

Meyer-Briggs: INTP Comorbidities: Narcolepsy, NFLE, Alexithemia, Dyspraxia, Prosopagnosia, Anomia, IBS
........................If God meant for us to go around naked, we'd have been born that way........................

FlaminPika
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Nov 2023, 12:32 am

My strategy: Eat healthy, stay hydrated, stretch, exercise, meditate, and refuse to give up childhood hobbies.

There's no option to avoid aging but there is an option to reverse certain aspects of aging.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2023, 12:52 am

I do what I have been doing all along. I set my bar low and refuse to grow up. That way, I can wear my German helmet.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2023, 12:55 am

I'll take my two chocolate bars now.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2023, 2:13 am

i never have been particularly rugged. when my back was to the wall i performed physically but it was a trial and a half.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2023, 2:24 am

Well I have a journey before me, that is for sure...my cousin is in a bad way...and may need help so well the right thing to do is me and my boyfriend regardless of our own struggles are willing to help her. I mean we're satanists, and the right thing to do is help a person in need according to TST philosophy.

It's stressful to see my cousin how she is right now, like hard to see someone who was so independent minded before just take a turn for the worst and go crazy like this....like she used to be logical and you could talk to her but now you can really just have really short conversations with her before she gets distracted and just says a bunch of nonsense. It's not like her...so it is concerning that she is not acting like herself.