Veteran

24 Nov 2023, 1:25 pm

Yes, I have an interest I can't share with others so I won't :mrgreen:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2023, 6:42 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I love to watch nail fungus videos, especially podiatrist videos.

You win! :D

Canadian Freedom Lover
Raven
Raven

24 Nov 2023, 8:52 pm

Conspiracy theories are my society inappropriate special interest.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2023, 8:21 am

funeralxempire wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
Don't shoot me for saying this, but I enjoy watching Hitler Rant parodies on YouTube.

Hitler in his bunker throwing a fit with different translations? :lol:

Those ones.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2023, 2:42 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
Don't shoot me for saying this, but I enjoy watching Hitler Rant parodies on YouTube.

Hitler in his bunker throwing a fit with different translations? :lol:

Those ones.

I'm really tempted to make a Hitler reacts to the Nordiques moving video. It's only a few decades late. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TikvaBall
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Nov 2023, 9:11 pm

I have something I'm stuck on right now that I can't share with anyone, but it's not anything dark. There was this cassette tape I had as a kid. It was geared for kids, but it wasn't babyish, it was more funny, and also the tunes were based on folk songs so it had good music. It's on YouTube, and I play it sometimes, but there's no way on this big old ball-shaped planet that I would let people know what I was playing.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2023, 9:53 am

TikvaBall wrote:
I have something I'm stuck on right now that I can't share with anyone, but it's not anything dark. There was this cassette tape I had as a kid. It was geared for kids, but it wasn't babyish, it was more funny, and also the tunes were based on folk songs so it had good music. It's on YouTube, and I play it sometimes, but there's no way on this big old ball-shaped planet that I would let people know what I was playing.

On the embarrassment thing, I don't think I have any special interests for which I internalise any embarrassment. To my mind, there's nothing very harmful about any of them except maybe waste of time and neglect of my health that can arise from pursuing them, and even those are arguable. I keep pretty quiet about some of my special interests when I'm in the presence of narrow-minded people who have certain values such as looking down on those who are a bit different to the norm, but my preferred solution to that is to keep such people out of my life. My close friends are more tolerant, which is one reason why they're my close friends. I've always accepted myself for who I am, as long as I don't hurt anybody. So if I want to binge-watch Bagpuss, I wouldn't hide the fact from my close friends, but I wouldn't normally tell anybody else. OTOH I wouldn't expect anybody to want to binge-watch it with me.