Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 11:40 am

Tomorrow I'm going to see my doctor and see if I can get diagnosed again I am still not sure whether the diagnosis was right. My sister looked up Asperger Syndrome today on the internet and from reading that she reckons that I haven't got it and got misdiagnosed or I may have something similar. I get nervous alot I can be happy and talkative one day the next day I can be absolutly unsocialble miserable and don't talk to anyone I don't think it's Bi-Polar disorder I looked up that I don't know what it is I am very confused.

alphacent
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Aug 2007, 12:05 pm

Good luck at the doctor's. When trying to diagnose mental problems, it almost seems arbitrary at times--like rolling the dice! But, my impression of Asperger's (which might not be correct) is that we are different, but consistently different! That is, there has to be a pretty good reason why we will have a shift in mood or feeling. It doesn't happen that easily, because we are so comfortable with routine and consistency. So, if mood changes happen to you without a good reason, I would suggest getting professional advice. Don't listen to us amateurs--ha ha!

krex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 12:12 pm

I call that "good days" and "bad days".They are impossible for me to predict but I would imagine that how sociable of verbal or orginized my thinking is....depends on some variables like over all stress in my life,what I'm eating,excercise,negative social experiences the previous day,work stress,time of the month(female),any physical illness,depression.All those things can ifluence how I am able to function.For me being "aspie" is a roller-coaster.I have learned to function in an NT world,to some extent, but it takes energy to do it and some days I dont have as much energy.

Adult AS is much more difficult to DX because we have learned some "tricks" to function and use them when we dont have to many internal/external distractions.An important eliment to a DX,is not how you are now but what you where like as a child.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 12:57 pm

What I am like socially last night I went to a birthday party and I took my guitar with me and I decided to show off and as usual when there is a guitar present there is a group of people who tend to crowd around so I turned it into a bit of fun I started to pass my guitar round for others to have a go and I had a lot of fun. People say that I can at times make a party more fun. Me socially is quite normal. Also I have met other Aspies and to them I seem very much NT.

EatingPoetry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Aug 2007, 1:01 pm

Well I hope you get a proper and helpful diagnosis, and even if it's not AS you'll stick around here!

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 1:31 pm

I definetly be sticking around here. I do find some of the threads interesting.

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 1:34 pm

good, you would be missed.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 1:37 pm

I know; I'm thinking of getting reevaluated too... I'm going to tell my shrink that I want to do some tests to see if I REALLY have AS. I'm going to DEMAND it!

23 Aug 2007, 1:39 pm

I want to do the same too but I'm afraid of losing SSI and then having to pay everything back and I can't afford that.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 1:51 pm

I know; I want to go on disability but I also want to get a job and make more money! I'll probably do both; I dunno if they'll check up on me... if they do and I go to prison, it'll be just another adventure. :)