Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

__Elijahahahaho
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 May 2024, 5:01 am

Sometimes I hear the argument "NTs are in the majority, so we have to play by their rules, we are in their world".

However history is full of examples of small groups that dominate larger ones. For example, the East India company and India,
the Spanish and latin america....

Just saying...
We shouldn't think of ourselves as powerless.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2024, 5:20 am

Minorities who have the majority of resources and power more like it, and are kept exclusive to themselves to keep the power and status quo.

Minorities that aren't discriminated against, aren't dehumanized in a way that doesn't made them less than dirt -- more like a dehumanization that uplifts them into godhood.

There's minority, like people who don't know how to deal with. There's minority that people are scared at and the consensus is to throw stones at them.

And then there's minority in which are outliers and are top 1% that the consensus admires or respectfully fear in a sense the majority will comply to these minority.

It's not the same. :|

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2024, 6:48 am

There are really smart Chinese in the deep South of the USA.
Why are they there? They needed Chinese to blast tunnels for the railroads.
They bought in Chinese workers who knew how to work with explosives.
Most Americans didn't the skills or training required.

__Elijahahahaho
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 May 2024, 8:34 am

Exactly, you can't simply say minority = powerless.

Those guys also didn't start out that way.
Through clever strategizing Autistics can become a respected powerful force.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2024, 8:54 am

__Elijahahahaho wrote:
Sometimes I hear the argument "NTs are in the majority, so we have to play by their rules, we are in their world".

However history is full of examples of small groups that dominate larger ones. For example, the East India company and India,
the Spanish and latin america....

Just saying...
We shouldn't think of ourselves as powerless.

Oh sure...autistics should just do like the Spanish Conquistadors and conquer and enslave all NTs because NTs all live in the Stone Age and dont yet have muzzle loading muskets. Lol!

The point is not to "think of yourself as powerless". Its to "not assume that the world will accommodate your autism".

__Elijahahahaho
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 May 2024, 11:24 am

Quote:
Oh sure...autistics should just do like the Spanish Conquistadors and conquer and enslave all NTs because NTs all live in the Stone Age and dont yet have muzzle loading muskets. Lol!

Baha, exactly!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2024, 11:33 am

__Elijahahahaho wrote:
Quote:

Baha, exactly!

So, this isn't what one might describe as a serious thought?

__Elijahahahaho
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 May 2024, 11:46 am

funeralxempire wrote:
__Elijahahahaho wrote:
Quote:

Baha, exactly!

So, this isn't what one might describe as a serious thought?

Only in the sense of cosplay.

Please don't bring this type of paranoia to this forum, this is really distressing for me,
I already have been harassed by police for the way I stim, as have many autists.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2024, 11:55 am

If all you're after is to be the one doing the oppressing you don't have anything serious to offer.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2024, 12:20 pm

Autistics have been revered, but it's usually just individuals, not the whole pack. One person, in the right place at the right time.

I guess I think of myself as both powerless and powerful. Strengths and weaknesses.

__Elijahahahaho
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 May 2024, 12:24 pm

Quote:
If all you're after is to be the one doing the oppressing you don't have anything serious to offer.

Yeah that's a fair if pretty vacuous statement that I mostly agree with.
Look I feel like I have dug myself into a hole here, I didn't mean that either.
All I was saying was that we could use a more coordinated power-base, and not let minority be an excuse.
I never said anything about muskets that was the other account also.

I guess like.. many things even smoking has been made to look good over the years.
We just need a good advertising campaign and some money. Maybe Musk can fund it.

Not really sure I am communicating.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2024, 2:15 pm

__Elijahahahaho wrote:
Quote:

Yeah that's a fair if pretty vacuous statement that I mostly agree with.
Look I feel like I have dug myself into a hole here, I didn't mean that either.
All I was saying was that we could use a more coordinated power-base, and not let minority be an excuse.
I never said anything about muskets that was the other account also.

I guess like.. many things even smoking has been made to look good over the years.
We just need a good advertising campaign and some money. Maybe Musk can fund it.

Not really sure I am communicating.

I think, given that some of the inherent problems caused by autism reduce our ability to be socially influential that it's unlikely we as a group are going to find ourselves socially dominant.

But, besides that, I wouldn't go looking towards Elon Musk as an autistic saviour. He doesn't care about anyone except himself; he doesn't care about anyone else's interests, only his own ambitions.

If he could spend $100 to make the lives of every single autistic person measurably better somehow, or get some ketamine, he'd turn the $100 into white powder, put it up his nose and go visit space (metaphorically). He's a spoiled manbaby who's never once demonstrated the ability to put others concerns on par with his own.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2024, 3:28 pm

^
Don't hold back, buddy, tell us how you really feel about him.

I don't like Elon either.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2024, 3:31 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
^
Don't hold back man, tell us how you really feel about him.

I don't like Elon either.

All I'm going to say is there is a degree of satisfaction as more people realize what he's like beyond the cultivated public persona, less Tony Stark and more... man who would scream at you because you favour a different costumed vigilante.

__Elijahahahaho
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 May 2024, 5:02 am

Quote:
I think, given that some of the inherent problems caused by autism reduce our ability to be socially influential that it's unlikely we as a group are going to find ourselves socially dominant.

I mean, it's not impossible though. History has a lot of examples of pretty weird social outcasts becoming dominant. I don't think dominant is what I mean though, just like "less abusable". I don't think autism is so vastly different from a different culture, to me it is not inconceivable to form an "autistic workers union" or "autistic corporation", hiring people like diplomats or HR for interfacing with the world, and managing our own affairs and value production internally.