A CLASSROOM MATE TOLD ME THAT I WAS A ROBOT

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Has someone ever told you that you were a robot?
yes 71%  71%  [ 27 ]
no 29%  29%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 38

lola2136
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Oct 2011, 2:36 pm

One of my classroom mate told me that I was like a robot because I use a formal words, my voice is low and I speak very quickly..I feel a little bit depressed about these.she said that she was joking me.have you ever experienced something like this? :cry:

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 2:39 pm

When I was much younger. Yes. Not so much anymore. Acting is a life long survival skill for me that I've developed over time. I couldn't make a living at it though. It's not, and never will be, that developed.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 2:40 pm

My ex's both once described that hugging me felt like they were hugging a robot.

GammaGeek
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 3:30 pm

My entire advanced class in 4th/5th grade was known as "The Robot of Room 14". I was the blacksheep robot and hated amongst the other robots, many who were also Aspies and then a few neurotypicals.

CanadianRose
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 5:48 pm

I was told I sounded like robot once. I was working for a telephone survey firm. I laughed and said to the person on the other line that I must indeed sound like one and that the repetitive nature of survey taking tended to drain one's personality :lol: :lol:

As for your classmate or anyone else who says you are like a robot - you can make a joke and reply, "Yeah, but a DAMN sexy robot at that!!" or "Actually, I'm Vulcan, but Spock and Data always did share some traits" or "..........Oh, I'm sorry, I had to reset my internal chronometer, did you say that I was a robot?" or "speaking of robots - did you ever see that sci fi classic "Westworld" where all those sexy robots kills all the tourists at a robot amusement park - those were some bad assed robots - and I'm just like them. Yeah!!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 5:50 pm

My mother frequently tells me that I am a robot. It doesn't actually bother me though. I tell her that she is histrionic, like Mrs. Bennett in Pride and Prejudice.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 5:50 pm

Is being called a sex machine being called a robot?

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 6:08 pm

Yep, all the time. Eventually you'll leave school and move on into the real world.

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 6:36 pm

I would feel honored to be called a robot. I have a soft spot for robots :)

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 7:19 pm

Yes.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 7:45 pm

I wish I had been called a Robot. People just call me a quiet person which I find 1000000000000000000000000000000000 more annoying.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 7:52 pm

I don't remember being called a robot but I remember a kid in grade school telling some adult at the school that didn't know me that I was a "visitor". They asked "where from?" They didn't get it at all.

The kid meant I was an alien referring to the 1983 show "V" in which the aliens that came here were called "visitors".

CanadianRose
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 8:19 pm

hanyo wrote:
I don't remember being called a robot but I remember a kid in grade school telling some adult at the school that didn't know me that I was a "visitor". They asked "where from?" They didn't get it at all.

The kid meant I was an alien referring to the 1983 show "V" in which the aliens that came here were called "visitors".

I soooooo remember that mini series when it first aired. remember, the "visitors" were stronger and more advanced than humans (and some of them were damn hot too!! !).

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 8:23 pm

My mom says I used to have such a monotone voice, I sounded like a robot from a 50's B movie. If someone told me I was a robot now, I'd be giving them a kunckle sandwhich and telling them to go procreate with themselves. :twisted:

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 9:32 pm

Surprisingly, no. When I was younger (teens) I was very monotone, but OTOH I didn't talk very much. In 7th grade I once had to read aloud to the class, and when I was done someone said, "...and that's the way it was" in a Walter Kronkite voice (old newscaster with a low, somewhat old-timey way of speaking) and then the class cracked up. I guess that could be interpreted as a compliment.

Maybe next time someone says that you sound like a robot you can say, "aff-ir-ma-tive (silly human)" back as a joke. :) (might have to work on comedic timing, though; it took me a little while to figure that out when I was a teen)

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 2:20 am

mmhmm. i got told i was like a dead person as well.