Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Sep 2007, 11:44 pm

As a child, others would treat me as though I was different. Same deal growing up in teen years. Same deal as an adult. My parents just thought i was weird and didn't investigate matters but I know I have difficulties. I'm in my mid 20's now. Is it too late? I feel that I've managed to deal with my problems well on my own but at the same time, I can't seem to get to the point of being the independant person I am on the inside. I don't feel that I should not be given the same opportunities that others seem to gain easily. Has anyone actually had any form of help after going to a psychiatrist or psychologist to the point to where you can actually do what you feel you want to do in life?

Thelostcup
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Sep 2007, 11:47 pm

Where you often bullied?
Do you have a high IQ?
Do you have a small range of interests?
Are you socially handicapped?

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Sep 2007, 11:53 pm

Thelostcup wrote:
Where you often bullied?
Do you have a high IQ?
Do you have a small range of interests?
Are you socially handicapped?

I've had people that tried to bully me but mostly I was beating up bullies.
I have an above average IQ.
Yes.
Yes. I can't communicate as well verbally as I can with writing. It just doesn't happen. I've often been thought of as too shy and sometimes I feel that way still but it turns on and off like a switch. Some people I can look at in the eyes, others I can't. I don't feel comfortable in enviroments with alot of strangers.

Also, I get engrossed in hobbies but if someone interrupts me, I feel like it's very hard to get back into that activity.
I can get general jokes but then sometimes I can't tell if someone is saying something bad to be mean or if they are joking.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 12:18 am

Welcome to WrongPlanet.

Definatly sound like one of us :)

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Sep 2007, 12:19 am

I don't do the group thing well but I'll try lol. Hello everyone.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 1:24 am

Kitsy wrote:
Also, I get engrossed in hobbies but if someone interrupts me, I feel like it's very hard to get back into that activity.
I can get general jokes but then sometimes I can't tell if someone is saying something bad to be mean or if they are joking.

I was just sure I multi tasked, I thought everybody did. Everybody doesn't and I don't. If I get interrupted it is hard to pick up my train of thought again, not always. It's a lot better now, but I had a few breakthroughs for concentration and remembering. I still get upset if I'm in the middle of some intense interest and I get my attention busted. I'm working on the upset part, it's a lot easier now since I stand a chance of figuring out where I was in my interest. I don't know as that is so uncommon, there is a reason writers, for example, have quiet places to do what they do.