Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2007, 1:36 pm

Is it a truth or a myth that Aspies never get jealous?
Have you ever gotten jealous, and if so, what made you jealous?
I find that my low esteem causes me to get jealous of those I perceive as having my knowledge than I, or who are managing to live dreams I cannot hope to ever fulfil myself.

beentheredonethat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2007, 1:37 pm

Of course I haven't been on, but then.......haven't lost your address, figured you didn't want to be bothered.
btdt

ev8
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2007, 1:39 pm

I get extremely jealous and paranoid in relationships. It causes problems.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2007, 1:40 pm

I don't get jealous.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2007, 1:40 pm

Yes, I get jealous. Usually of those those people whose lives appear so EASY! They have all the cool toys, they're popular, wealthy, successful and sociable. I know that it's often a big act and cover-up for the fact they're often screwed up or depressed inside, but that outward appearance of success sure turns me green sometimes. :?

Plutonian_Persona
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2007, 1:42 pm

BlueMax wrote:
Yes, I get jealous. Usually of those those people whose lives appear so EASY! They have all the cool toys, they're popular, wealthy, successful and sociable. I know that it's often a big act and cover-up for the fact they're often screwed up or depressed inside, but that outward appearance of success sure turns me green sometimes. :?

Ditto.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2007, 1:42 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
Is it a truth or a myth that Aspies never get jealous?
Have you ever gotten jealous, and if so, what made you jealous?
I find that my low esteem causes me to get jealous of those I perceive as having my knowledge than I, or who are managing to live dreams I cannot hope to ever fulfil myself.

Yeah...my low self esteem (or inferiority complex) has gotten the best of me quite alot over the years. I feel easily threatened by others.

Cooper
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Sep 2007, 1:48 pm

I've never felt jealousy at all. I get angry if I feel I've been unjustly denied something I wanted, but only at the person who denied me it, not at the person who got what I wanted, if that makes any sense.

starlighter
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Sep 2007, 1:50 pm

Yes, I think I get jealous. When my parents gave more attention to other children than me, for example. Or when my parents gave more attention to my brother than me, :( ..

23 Sep 2007, 1:55 pm

I've gotten jealous and still do sometimes. When I was with my last boyfriend, I felt jealous around his kid because they both had the same interests and same taste in music and the same opinions and I felt left out, an outsider, a freak. My mom said those were normal feelings to have about your partner and their kids. But when I was with my own family, I found I had things in common with my cousin, she liked kid stuff too and she watched Aladdin with her husband and she said she wanted to see the TMNT movie and I told her my bf would sure have a fit and say she is an idiot for liking that stuff. She is also liberal and we seem to have the same political views. I felt better about myself and that there was nothing wrong with me.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2007, 2:04 pm

I do not feel jealousy. I know of this emotion only vicariously because I've read about it and listen to "Phantom of the Opera" for instance. I cannot recognize in others either. I have rudimentary emotions but I do FEEL! This implies there's a difference between emotion and feeling. I am very sensitive and feel hurt, but not the emotion - it's just not there.

BTW, starlighter, I love your avatar. You'll notice I'm an Alaskan. Is that your sled dog? :heart:

(I just edited this post, I left out the word 'not' which totally changed the intended meaning - update....sorry)

Last edited by LabPet on 23 Sep 2007, 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2007, 2:31 pm

I guess I haven't really had jealousy, but I HAVE been envious. That is often because of abilities, so I am a bit envious of some here. But it isn't that I hate that they have any ability, but that I don't.

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2007, 2:40 pm

Well of course aspies can get jealous... :?

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2007, 2:47 pm

It'd be one of my most paranoid creating emotions...
This sorta emotion makes me cringe... cringe to a major extent lol.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

23 Sep 2007, 3:13 pm

online i do. i think its because i seem to have friends wheres in real life i know that isnt the case so i dont get jelouse :lol:

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2007, 3:33 pm

I had just read somewhere that aspies often don't feel things such as jealousy as they aren't into the whole competing for status thing etc.
But anyway, glad I am not the only one... I think it must be one of the most destructive emotions to have.