Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Oct 2007, 2:51 pm

Lego, K-Nex, Gameboy/Playstation and drawing. That's about it

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 3:05 pm

I used to like most of the same toys as other girls, but I didn't play with them the same as the other girls. I liked to sort, and arrange things more then I liked to play with them. I also had a very strong interest in Star Wars as a child, and I was forever begging for Star Wars toys. I never got any, though. :( I loved paper dolls, especially designing new clothes for them. I also liked playing outside, gathering dirt in jars, and cans for hours. Does anyone remember the spirograph? I loved playing with my set.

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 5:13 pm

Most kids hated playing with me because I didn't enjoy "fantasy play" where you imagined doing unrealistic things like flying or whatnot. I enjoyed games of challenge. Simon was my favorite.

Also, my rubix cube.

What annoyed my parents was I liked taking everything apart.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 5:15 pm

Oh God, yes, I used to spend hours on Simon and I still love it.
Plus Spirograph and etchasketch.

spazmaticstitch
Raven
Raven

13 Oct 2007, 5:57 pm

I've always loved dolls.
When I was little I would line up all my dolls, & then change each one's hair, & outfit.
I also liked to line up My Little Ponies, & happy meal toys.
When I was real little, like 2 or 3, I used to line up empty soda bottles. I'd line them up all over the house, & then knock them all over.

AV-geek
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 6:27 pm

I always enjoyed "constructive" type toys like Lego bricks, erector sets, construx and stuff like that. I had lots of hot wheels & matchbox cars too. My favorite thing to do was to build and engineer things. I had an imagination, but it didn't involve a fantasy world like most NT kids, but I would "engineer" things to solve everyday problems, and build things that I saw around town. For example, I built a freeway overpass with on-ramps out of lego bricks for the hot-wheel cars. I had a dump truck that was the tallest vehicle in my set, so I parked it under the bridge while it was under construction, and used that to determine how high to make the bridge.

As I got older, nobody could leave lumber lying around, or I would take it and build something in the woods with the stuff! I remember when I was about 10 years old, Dad got me a big stack of 2X4's from the hardware store as a present. I was overjoyed! I ended up building all sorts of stuff in the back yard and then disassembling it and building something else. Eventually, the lumber got so many holes in it from all the nails that I would hammer in, then remove, that Dad had to cut the stuff up and burn it in the fireplace. The lumber just got so weak that it would split apart and not hold the nails! The neighbors thought it was interesting all the hammering going on in the back yard.

Later on as I got to be a teenager, I found old televisions and stereos to be fun "toys" I would pull them out of the trash, take them home, and tweak and mess around inside them, sometimes even getting them working again.

One of the things that I have noticed about my toys is that I took excellent care of them. I have some of my childhood toys, and they are in outstanding condition. When I show them to some friends, they are surprised that I even played with them as a child. They think I bought them recently from a collector or restorer or something. The nicest toys I like to display and "show off' are my collection of trans-formers from the early 80's.

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 8:41 pm

I liked spinning toys that made sparks from flint. I also liked Slinky toys.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 11:49 pm

oh the sit n' spin
and lincoln logs...(i loved those)
um...and the leggos...I had a male friend a little older who i only played with a couple times, but his entire room seemed to be consumed with leggos and it was so great...

um
I really liked Simon too....

I guess i had a pretty diverse interest in toys.

I miss the Glamour Gals and the Sea Wees

RadiantAspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2007, 11:59 pm

I usually played with Legos or with Hotwheels. Nowadays I play with video games.

Religion: A good way to demonstrate our ability to believe things that just aren't so.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 5:55 am

I was in 2 toy cars, trains sets, lego n k-nex as i found dem very creative.

ITypically
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Oct 2007, 6:44 am

I never had any toys that were my all-time favorites, but I did have about a billion random toys that I never played with. The only thing was they were MY toys. You touch the Barbie, I beat you with the Barbie. If I don't play with the toys, you don't play with the toys. It's a very good thing I am an only child, because I have this strange idea that I might not have handled sharing well. Go figure.

Mostly I remember playing with my cat, crayons (yes, organizing them and whatnot), ants or any other bugs I found and my Playstation/Nintendo.

riverotter
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 8:41 am

GypsysOdyssey wrote:
When I was a little girl, my favorite toys were my stuffed animals ... It's not surprising that as an adult I still have at least a 1/4 of my massive stuffie collection.

I still have most of mine too! I called my stuffies "friends". I loved my dollhouse too, spending a lot of time making the perfect furniture and small items for it. There was one doll who lived in it sometimes, but I only cared about the house and the things in it. I also enjoyed reading, drawing, or playing with Spirograph (_hours_ of fascinating fun!) Maybe I should check ebay for a Spirograph?