Page 1 of 7 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Unknown_Quantity
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Oct 2007, 9:37 pm

How do you deal with horror movies?

Do they freak you out? Do you enjoy them? Do you feel very little at all while those around you cower in fear?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2007, 9:42 pm

I am pretty much neutral to them.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2007, 9:47 pm

I hate most of them. However, I can stand the Resident Evil series, I like the Hannibal Lecter movies, and I have watched Silent Hill.

On sabbatical...

Yog-Sothoth
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2007, 9:53 pm

I never saw a horror movie that I liked.
I don't like being startled and I get no joy out of mindless disgusting gore, and that seems to be the most any horror movie has up it's sleeve these days.
They also tend to sacrifice a good plot and common sense for blood and guts.
I prefer a more cerebral approach, such as in Silence of the Lambs. But above that, I prefer more action or comedy.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2007, 9:57 pm

I have a hard time dealing with them.

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2007, 10:12 pm

I've seen the first two Resident Evil movies and loved them. Horror movies don't bother me. I like being scared, and seeing gore. Mum thinks I'm sick because I like horror movies with gore in them.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2007, 10:23 pm

Ooooo, I LOVE horror movies. I am horror movie girl! I especially like the really bad 'B' grade ones! Nothing better than a lousy horror movie - really, they just appeal to me.

nicklegends
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Oct 2007, 10:51 pm

Igh... I really hate them. No simpler answer than that.

caramateo
Toucan
Toucan

30 Oct 2007, 11:03 pm

hate them, I don't see why people like them. they have given me nightmares

devster21
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Oct 2007, 11:08 pm

I love low budget horror movies. I get to be scared and then laugh a little at the same time. Sci Fi channel anyone?

username88
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2007, 12:48 am

devster21 wrote:
I love low budget horror movies. I get to be scared and then laugh a little at the same time. Sci Fi channel anyone?
Me, Im a total scifi geek :P Horror films have never frightened me, but I always found them to be interesting, especially b movies like you guys said, they are a lot of fun! :)

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

31 Oct 2007, 12:54 am

I tend to fantasize that I'm in them, kicking some zombie or ghost or alien or whatever butt. I've done so often; even dreamed about this from time to time. My last couple of dreams in the genre involved me being in the movies "Aliens", and the remake of "House on Haunted Hill". Really, how bizarre is that? How many folks here would want to be stuck with the Colonial Marines in the atmospheric processing center after their mishap on LV-426? I would...

I can't put my finger on it, but I enjoy the horror genre, even though I do not become frightened by movies, or by much of anything really. Maybe I'm looking to experience feelings I've somehow lost? When I was a little boy, the original "The Blob" with Steve McQueen scared the holy bejesus out of me; I recall the stark terror that I felt, at the notion of some creepy thing that could slip through cracks and under doors, and would digest you if you so much as touched it. 8O But that was a long, long time ago...

In the same light, H.P. Lovecraft is one of my favorite authors. He was crazy like me; he was a dreamer like me; he loved cats like me; he was alone like me; he was a wordsmith like me... This is why Cthulhu is one of the gods in my personal pantheon.

I think I could survive any horror movie you want to drop me into. 8)

B movies on the other hand just get the MST3k treatment. And that too can be a lot of fun; watching badfilm is in fact a hobby of mine. "Manos" The Hands of Fate was supposed to be a horror movie, wasn't it? :roll:

Good fortune,

- Icarus feels fear like a Kender...

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2007, 3:16 am

I love them, especially the zombie movies and the really bad "B" films.

Speedy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

31 Oct 2007, 3:24 am

I've never seen a horror movie that I haven't laughed at. Usually its the gore. I'd consider Hostel to be a horror flick, and I just laughed at the nasty bits, and my workmates are there going "oh", "urgh" and all that. It makes I laugh, I tell 'ee.

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." Inigo Montoya

whitbywoof
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Oct 2007, 3:37 am

Horror films usually make me laugh because they are so ridiculous and predictable.
I enjoy psychological thrillers, especially if based on a true story, as I am fascinated by the mind of the psychopath and by the forensic investigations. It's not actually the killings or gore that interest me - contrary to what most people think of me when they see my books and films on serial killers.

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2007, 5:47 am

i don't feel anything while watching any movie :)