Page 2 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Bart21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 3:22 pm

I've always like motorcycles.
If i had the money i'd buy one besides my car.
The exams are a pain in the ass though.
But there are few greater feelings than driving a motorcycle at 200 kmh.

Can you guys please stop whining about this envirement crap.
I really can't take much more of that.
It's just some excuse for politician to invent more taxes and rob us even more.
The money from the enviremental taxes ofcourse doesn't go to "saving the envirement"...
You sheep are just a tool for the goverment to get loaded off of our backs.
Co2 doesn't heat up the earth.
The temperature has been fluctuating for thousends of years before we ever existed.
In 100 years from now people are proberbly going to pay envirement taxes, because the temperature is dropping back again.

edal
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 4:02 pm

"What's WORSE Than Motorcycles?"

Bungie jumping whilst riding a horse??

Ed Almos

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

02 Nov 2007, 4:12 pm

Oh, I'll toss a hat into this ring:

Female drivers yappin' away on cell phones, or putting on makeup while they're driving; one of these nearly gets me killed every freaking day; and whenever this happens, the driver is invariably female. And it's especially frustrating because I want to yell and curse them out, except my personal code of conduct prevents me from being belligerent towards females under most circumstances, so I just have to grit my teeth and bear it. At least with adolescent males, I can flip them off or something. Besides, the chicks on yappin' on cell phones are by far the more dangerous of the two anyway; statistics show that driving whilst yappin' or putting on makeup is roughly equivalent to driving while drunk.

Bart21 wrote:
Can you guys please stop whining about this environment crap.
I really can't take much more of that.
It's just some excuse for politician to invent more taxes and rob us even more.
The money from the environmental taxes of course doesn't go to "saving the environment"...
You sheep are just a tool for the government to get loaded off of our backs.

Congratulations! You've earned 10 Gore Carbon Offset Units!

You will now be branded a heretic, and be informed by a very loud minority that everyone else on the planet disagrees with you, and also that science is something that functions on human consensus (regardless of whether the consensus is real or not); Galileo had to learn that lesson the hard way, remember.

Good fortune,

- Icarus is stockpiling those carbon offset units; they'll be worth something, some day...

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2007, 9:58 am

Whats worse than motorcycles?

People who whine about bikes like they are satans own personal transport, and try to make out that bikes are killing the world, and all that other shite, in a world where cars outnumber bikes massively.

Heres a thought.. a car is safer than a bike, because a bike is more dangerous to the rider.

Crash bike into person at speed. Rider dies horribly, person dies horribly.
Crash SUV into person at speed.. feel slight bump, continue on journey.

Irresponsible bikers dont tend to last very long. Irresponsible drivers can kill and kill again.

Honestly, some people will b***h about anything.

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2007, 10:10 am

I can think of something much worse than motorcycles--- idiots who put stereo/boom systems worth more than their cars into their cars and then blast gangsta rap whilst driving up and down the street repeatedly making my windows rattle ( really, they're THAT loud!) in my home. I keep wishing some other ghetto-thug would come along and steal their cars and drive them far away.

alegziz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Nov 2007, 11:16 am

How about less loud things that you can hear and other people can't? Like the whine from a TV when it's first turned on; it can give me a headache, and Dad can't hear it. At least with a motorcycle or a lawnmower people will believe you that there is an annoying sound.

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2007, 11:19 am

How about the sound of 10,000 Harleys? 8O

I remember several years back, they held a Harley convention in my town. There were bikers in packs riding their loud motorcycles everywhere for several days and with me living off a main road at that time, I was hearing all that noise non-stop.

thyme
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2007, 12:42 pm

Yeah when they roar past my house I cannot hear what anyone is saying if I'm on the phone, I cannot hear the tv if i'm watching a program I like. It makes the dogs go crazy barking for about 5 minutes after they pass. I get the motorcycles on the street in front and the dirt bikes in the back of my house in the sand-pit all day long on the weekends. Dirt-bikes make an even more annoying sound then motorcycles even my boyfriend who is NT hates it.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2007, 1:08 pm

Reodor_Felgen wrote:
Since when did most motorcycles use diesel? I'm sorry, but I care more about mechanical objects than the ozone layer.

The Russians captured a BMW factory, the R75 and took it home, making the Ural an Dipner, later they sold a factory to China, Chang Jien, CJ, who made a diesel version, only one I know. The Chinese would not give me any information, I made some list, for the factory also produces the Silkworm missle.

Satan rides a Norton Black Shadow, offered to trade it to me. I thought about it.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

03 Nov 2007, 1:19 pm

Inventor, do you do your own maintenance?

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Nov 2007, 2:14 pm

Don't blame the bikes, blame the idiots who ride while stoned, don't maintain their machines properly,
start off with bikes that are too big and powerful for their riding skill and experience, and illegal modifications
such as straight pipes and "ape hanger" handle bars that obstruct the riders view.
I used to ride motorcycles, first I started with a 250 cc Honda Helix then moved up to a 600 cc V-Twin Shadow.
By the way:

Inventor wrote:
Satan rides a Norton Black Shadow, offered to trade it to me. I thought about it.

Wasn't that the Vincent Black Shadow back in the day?

ilyaostr9
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Nov 2007, 2:15 pm

jjstar wrote:
IDIOTS on motorcycles!!

Mindless, brainless twits who have no other agenda in life than zooming back and forth like some kind of robotic imbecile with rubber to burn and diesel to toxify the enviornment with.

:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Those are only the Harley Hogs. I always wanted a Honda bike.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2007, 3:04 pm

gwenevyn wrote:

Nobody touchs my bike. Currently in the standard 44 year tuneup, it's a 1963. Still original bore, but plastic, rubber, the ozone eats, and the best way to clean is disassemble, talk to each part, touch up the paint, and back together.

It took two years to find all original period new chrome parts, we have been together for 34 years.

One like it was shown in the Guggenhime Museum show, The Art of The Motorcycle. The design was started in 1923, and perfected forty years later, The BMW R69s. 11,000 were produced, artists hand painted the pinstripes and signed their work. Production was three a day. The s is for Rennensport, race bike, built for the Autobahn. It will run 100 miles an hour till you have to sleep.

It is always rated in the best of the machine age, art and design, and now as Fine Art.

A worthy obsession.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2007, 3:07 pm

Inventor wrote:

Wasn't that the Vincent Black Shadow back in the day?[/quote]

You are right, I am trying to shut the deal out of my mind, it was showroom clean, with all the factory options, and only 666 miles.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

03 Nov 2007, 3:08 pm

Inventor wrote:
gwenevyn wrote:

Nobody touchs my bike. Currently in the standard 44 year tuneup, it's a 1963. Still original bore, but plastic, rubber, the ozone eats, and the best way to clean is disassemble, talk to each part, touch up the paint, and back together.

It took two years to find all original period new chrome parts, we have been together for 34 years.

One like it was shown in the Guggenhime Museum show, The Art of The Motorcycle. The design was started in 1923, and perfected forty years later, The BMW R69s. 11,000 were produced, artists hand painted the pinstripes and signed their work. Production was three a day. The s is for Rennensport, race bike, built for the Autobahn. It will run 100 miles an hour till you have to sleep.

It is always rated in the best of the machine age, art and design, and now as Fine Art.

A worthy obsession.

That reply made me extremely pleased. :) I have been rereading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. I think it's going to be my aspie obsession for quite a long while.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2007, 3:25 pm

Reodor_Felgen wrote:
Since when did most motorcycles use diesel? I'm sorry, but I care more about mechanical objects than the ozone layer.

http://www.dieselbike.net/