Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2006, 5:08 am

Think you're quirky, eccentric? how far would you go? Answer yes or no to these... add some of your own, or just comment.

?I would go into a public place wearing disgusting looking clothes on purpose, knowing they're disgusting looking. (for a laugh)

?I repeat random words for no reason in funny voices

?I mimic people in horrible voices for a laugh

?I would wear a dolls dress on my head because it fits like a hat

?I sing loudly even though i'm out of tune

?I do stupid dances and movements in public

?I make stupid faces all the time at people

?I'd rather sit with the cat than a group of random people

?I tell people to do stupid things like eat a computer on toast

?I do stupid imitations of people

?I've dressed up the cat before

?I've stuck something edible to the cat

Answer those and add some of your own! My answer to all of the above is "yes"

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2006, 9:22 am

-I would go into a public place wearing disgusting looking clothes on purpose, knowing they're disgusting looking. (for a laugh) - hell yeah Ive done this, Ive even worn clothes out that look absolutely hideous together before now simply to provoke a reaction from others, usually a 'what the f**k does she look like' one.

-I repeat random words for no reason in funny voices - I did this when I was younger I don't think I do this now.

-I mimic people in horrible voices for a laugh - Yeah Ive done this, also done it in funny voices. There are a couple of choice idiots I know that I don't like and I mimic them in silly voices to amuse myself and others should I feel the need to.

-I would wear a dolls dress on my head because it fits like a hat - no Ive not done this, I can imagine this is quite funny though. I've worn a lampshade on my head before now but I know others that have done this.

-I sing loudly even though i'm out of tune - I only sing loudly on my own and I used to be a choir girl and Ive been told Im a good singer so maybe one half of this statement is right.

-I do stupid dances and movements in public - yes I sometimes do this

-I make stupid faces all the time at people - yes purely to see what reaction I'll get from others

-I'd rather sit with the cat than a group of random people - if it happens to be a random group of people that I don't know then yes the cat will win.

-I tell people to do stupid things like eat a computer on toast - lol I don't think I do this

-I do stupid imitations of people - oh yes definitely

-I've dressed up the cat before - yep I dressed my poor cat in a tutu a few years ago for a laugh

-I've stuck something edible to the cat - yeah I think it was a jelly sweet on her head to decorate it, it stayed there for about half an hour and then she noticed it.

-I've given my cat a mohican like hair style using hair gel - this caused a few laughs

-I've dressed up as a member of the opposite sex and gone into a public place - I went bowling dressed as a teenage boy when I was 15 and I convinced most people I was lad it was fun. I couldn't wait to take the bandages off my boobs though. I even had a sock down my trousers and pretended to play with my balls and everything. I don't think I could get away with it now though. Just for the record I love being a woman but that was just for fun.

-I've jumped up and ran from one end of the room to the other for no apparent reason - I do this a lot, I must have a lot of stored energy.

Michael1973
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Mar 2006, 10:29 am

See, this is where my social anxiety typically kicks into high gear. The idea of doing/saying anything abnormal that would attract attention terrifies me to no end. It is something I really need to work on, because I hate feeling that way. It's held me back from so much in life already.

Sundy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Mar 2006, 11:51 am

I just blurt out the obvious all the time. I had a boyfriend who was so strange to me (probably because he was NT but with some other deep-seated Odipeal issues, but that's another story), who'd always tell me to pay attention! or don't talk about that! when during a conversation I'd say "Hey look! That car is red." We'd be having a "conversation" and if I even remotely drifted off-topic, he'd get SO mad. That just p*ssed me off.

I have a tendency to say things that don't make any sense just to act like I'm in what seems to me is a nonsensical conversation with other people.

I also imitate people's facial expressions/body language because I've found that it gives me insight into how that person is feeling or what they mean. For some reason, making the face or walking the walk helps me understand what's going on. People don't like to be imitated though. I can't help myself if it's a really bizarre expresion or movement. I just start doing it!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2006, 12:42 pm

?I would go into a public place wearing disgusting looking clothes on purpose, knowing they're disgusting looking. (for a laugh).
- Depends, it would have to be outlandish and comedic enough for people to know I'm being a smarta--

- Did untill I was in 4th or 5th grade but that kinda went away on its own

- Nah, never tried that one

- If I was really drunk with some friends (especially if they're the off-the-wall group) and felt like doing something at a store just to be an arse, sure.

- If the songs already pretty bad

- Can't say I do, in private I might break out some liquid at random though

- I hope not...

- that's a toss-up, depends what kind of mood I'm in

- not unless it's inside humor

- sometimes, if they've pi--ed me off and I'm talking to someone about it

- Nope

- Nah. That's not how I get down...

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2006, 1:49 pm

-I would go into a public place wearing disgusting looking clothes on purpose, knowing they're disgusting looking. (for a laugh): Nope.

-I repeat random words for no reason in funny voices: When I'm alone.

-I mimic people in horrible voices for a laugh: Naw, that's just mean.

-I would wear a dolls dress on my head because it fits like a hat: No dolls.

-I sing loudly even though i'm out of tune: When I'm alone...not super loudly.

-I do stupid dances and movements in public: Unintentionally, hahah. Sometimes.

-I make stupid faces all the time at people: In responses to things, I make silly exaggerated faces of disguist and what not, but it's rarely random.

-I'd rather sit with the cat than a group of random people: I don't have a cat.

-I tell people to do stupid things like eat a computer on toast: No.

-I do stupid imitations of people: Hahah, sometimes, but not when they're around.

-I've dressed up the cat before: Don't have a cat. Don't do it to the dogs 'cus they don't like it...

-I've stuck something edible to the cat: Don't have a cat. Don't do it to the dogs 'cus they'd eat it and get diherreah.

Now for the ones I've added and do:

-Whenever I scratch one side of my body, I have to do the same with my other hand on the other side sometimes.

-Sometimes, when I step on a crack with my foot, I have to step on another crack with my other foot, and if the first time it was in the front and the for the other one it was with the back, then for the second foot I have to try again to get it in the front and have to make the first foot step on a crack in the front.

-If it itches, I scratch it. Even if it's the crotch area.

-I wash my hands after doing so.

-When I was young I picked my nose, then put the booger on a tissue.

-I repeatedly watch sappy Final Fantasy fan movies when I feel lonely, even though I don't like the games because of their turn based combat.

-Rather than biting my nails, I pick at them, and then tear/peel thin frontal pieces off. If they're being stubborn I bite for backup.

-I peel the old skin off of my lips with my teeth--not so much that it hurts, just little bits.

-When I'm alone with the house to myself, I walk around in circles humming to myself, planning out scenes for books/movies/games/etc. and improvising songs.

-Instead of soda (never drink that if I can help it), I drink milk with almost everything (except hot dogs, bacon, etc.--orange juice with that) but I can't stand drinking milk on its own.

-I drink vitamine water on its own, but rarely drink more than one or two sips at a time, then put it back in the fridge for later.

-My idea of "dinner" tends to be sometimg like a bowl of cereal, some milk and nuts/teriyaki-style beef jerky, baby carrots, and an apple. It fills me up.

-I dislike blood and gore in films but most of the movies I'm interested in are violent in some way because I tend to really like well-done action, somber tones, dark/gothic visuals, crazy editing, and special effects, and most movies with all that tend to also be rather gory.

-I'm more comfortable talking on IM/through text than in real life.

-I'm mildly phonophobic. When the phone rings I rarely pick it up because it's rarely for me and the person can probably leave a message saying what they want better than I can. If the person leaves a message and it's for me, I pick it up, but this is usually just one of my parents wanting to ask me something like "Do we have enough milk?"

-I rarely read at home even though I enjoy reading, because it's always hard for me to concentrate, but I have less trouble when I'm in public even though it's usually kind of louder there.

-I blankly stare at 90% of the people around me at school and BART. Most don't notice--those that do are usually girls. When they do I tend to look away, then look again in another 10 minutes or so. I then may also make theories about whether or not the girls who noticed my staring like me like that, because if they didn't why would they have noticed when nobody else did, unless they were looking at me, too?

-I am sensitive to smells, but will likely smell something stinky (like my dogs) just so I can go, "Yuck!"

-I usually don't talk much but when I do I motormouth--so I'm quiet half the time and very intense the other half.

-I'm obsessed with blogging even though I'm not sure if anyone reads every single entry--some definately read some, though, I know that much.

-When I'm sitting, I make my right leg shake a lot from surpressed intensity/anger/etc. It's never my left leg, though, oddly enough.

-I usually go to bed at 10:00, 10:30, or 11:00 (almost never later), but usually can't get to sleep until around 2:00 or so because I can never find a comfortable position.

-I move my tongue around in my mouth a lot. Maybe it's my French roots.

-I love vampires but don't like most vampire movies. ('Cept the first "Underworld," which is something of a guilty pleasure--vastly underrated but undenyably flawed, way better than most critics want to admit but not without its problems. IMO way better, cooler, with more story and substance than anything in all three "Blade" movies.)

-I love zombies but don't like most zombie movies. ('Cept "Shaun of the Dead," though the original "Dawn of the Dead" had a very interesting tone.)

-I prefer standing to sitting sometimes, especially in social situations. What I think is that sitting is..."too comfortable."

-Sometimes I don't want to be comfortable because it's too foreign--I've almost never felt it before, especially around people. Being uncomfortable's mostly all I've ever known, so in most cases I'll prefer it simply because it's familiar.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2006, 5:02 pm

?I would go into a public place wearing disgusting looking clothes on purpose, knowing they're disgusting looking. (for a laugh)

I do every day. Well every day I go into a public place. I'm a hermit dontchya know.

I once did a dance while singing "Singularity." in different pronounciations to my cats and dog.

I mimic people all the time, but not in the interest of insulting them, so if it is in a funny voice, i do it privately.

There are a lot of things that work well as a hat. An empty mountain dew case can make an effective helmet.

When I sing i sing for me. To feel the emotions of the song stronger. So I don't care if it is out of tune. I'm not singing for other people.

Constantly.

I make faces I've taken from various characters and actors i've seen through out life. And when bored, cycle through them while talking to people.

My baby genki kitty is a lot more fun than random people. Especially with the addition of catnip and a laser pointer.

Which would you rather be or a lumberjack?

Yes, but not to insult them. Privately or to friends.

As a small child yes, but it seems like they don't like that.

Cheese.

I have before dressed up as a member of the opposite sex. I dressed up as bette midler. Almost perfect.

I used to jump up and run around as a small child. I have since lost a whole lot of energy, and gained a whole lot of weight.

I occasionally blurt out the obvious just for fun.

I like saying things to people stuff that sounds rhythmically sensicle, but not literally. Like, "My uncle is sick but the highway is green." And sit there and watch them wonder if they went insane.

I have a problem where if someone is using an accent or an odd gait because of perhaps an injury, i start unintentionally doing it to and badly so it looks like im mocking them. I have to keep checking myself that i'm not doing it.

-Whenever I scratch one side of my body, I have to do the same with my other hand on the other side sometimes.
I don't think i did this, but whenever i scratch somewhere i can feel a piercing sensation some other place on my body, and have to scratch there then.

-Sometimes, when I step on a crack with my foot, I have to step on another crack with my other foot, and if the first time it was in the front and the for the other one it was with the back, then for the second foot I have to try again to get it in the front and have to make the first foot step on a crack in the front.
I've done this with the breaks in the segment of the sidewalk.

-If it itches, I scratch it. Even if it's the crotch area.
Yes.

-I wash my hands after doing so.
No.

-When I was young I picked my nose, then put the booger on a tissue.
I still do. I hate blowing my nose, doesn't get everything.

-I repeatedly watch sappy Final Fantasy fan movies when I feel lonely, even though I don't like the games because of their turn based combat.
I have played games specifically to watch the cut scenes.

-Rather than biting my nails, I pick at them, and then tear/peel thin frontal pieces off. If they're being stubborn I bite for backup.
Yes, my cuticles are not happy with me though.

-I peel the old skin off of my lips with my teeth--not so much that it hurts, just little bits.
I peel off the old skin, plus some of the new skin often. In fact it has bothered me so much i've stopped doing everything to get it all of my lips. I once stopped masturbating because it bothered me so much.

-When I'm alone with the house to myself, I walk around in circles humming to myself, planning out scenes for books/movies/games/etc. and improvising songs.
I do that, but not in a circle, i pace up and down the entire house.

-Instead of soda (never drink that if I can help it), I drink milk with almost everything (except hot dogs, bacon, etc.--orange juice with that) but I can't stand drinking milk on its own.
I love drinking milk with things but if i did it, we'd need to buy 3 gallons of milk every week, so i do drink other stuff. Milk on its own becomes unsatisfying.

-I drink vitamine water on its own, but rarely drink more than one or two sips at a time, then put it back in the fridge for later.
What is vitamine water?

-My idea of "dinner" tends to be sometimg like a bowl of cereal, some milk and nuts/teriyaki-style beef jerky, baby carrots, and an apple. It fills me up.

My idea of dinner is the fat man's idea of dinner. "Uhh I'll have 6 soft taco supremes with extra sour cream, 2 chicken burritos, and 2 beef fiesta burritos..."

-I dislike blood and gore in films but most of the movies I'm interested in are violent in some way because I tend to really like well-done action, somber tones, dark/gothic visuals, crazy editing, and special effects, and most movies with all that tend to also be rather gory.
I prefer horror comedies, like evil dead 2, shaun of the dead, and some parts of cabin fever.

-I'm more comfortable talking on IM/through text than in real life.
Yes.

-I'm mildly phonophobic. When the phone rings I rarely pick it up because it's rarely for me and the person can probably leave a message saying what they want better than I can. If the person leaves a message and it's for me, I pick it up, but this is usually just one of my parents wanting to ask me something like "Do we have enough milk?"
My phone is far away, don't call me, i dont pick it up. Leave a message, infact, if you dont yell on the message machine my dad wont pick it up either.

-I rarely read at home even though I enjoy reading, because it's always hard for me to concentrate, but I have less trouble when I'm in public even though it's usually kind of louder there.
The unintelligable noise of a public place helps drown out the voices in my head. The voices say things like, "I need to pick up a half a gallon of milk......I wonder why candy corn goes stale...."

-I blankly stare at 90% of the people around me at school and BART. Most don't notice--those that do are usually girls. When they do I tend to look away, then look again in another 10 minutes or so. I then may also make theories about whether or not the girls who noticed my staring like me like that, because if they didn't why would they have noticed when nobody else did, unless they were looking at me, too?

I fear even looking at peoples heads, muchless their faces and eyes.

-I am sensitive to smells, but will likely smell something stinky (like my dogs) just so I can go, "Yuck!"

You may know this already, but i love pretty much every smell I can find. Generally the worse the better, but i cant stand rotten milk or ground zero skunk.

-I usually don't talk much but when I do I motormouth--so I'm quiet half the time and very intense the other half.
"When the other one talks, and he will - at great length, whether you want him to or not." I talk. A lot. Ranting is the term.

-I'm obsessed with blogging even though I'm not sure if anyone reads every single entry--some definately read some, though, I know that much.
I dont care much for it. Not enough stuff happens to me.

-When I'm sitting, I make my right leg shake a lot from surpressed intensity/anger/etc. It's never my left leg, though, oddly enough.

I shake my foot ALL OF THE TIME. I'm doing it right now as a matter of fact. At other times I just shake for fun.

-I usually go to bed at 10:00, 10:30, or 11:00 (almost never later), but usually can't get to sleep until around 2:00 or so because I can never find a comfortable position.
My biological clock was shot in the head and doesnt have any consistency.

-I move my tongue around in my mouth a lot. Maybe it's my French roots.
I do this occasionally.

-I love vampires but don't like most vampire movies. ('Cept the first "Underworld," which is something of a guilty pleasure--vastly underrated but undenyably flawed, way better than most critics want to admit but not without its problems. IMO way better, cooler, with more story and substance than anything in all three "Blade" movies.)
I like non-horror vampire movies. Like interview with a vampire. I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about it.

-I love zombies but don't like most zombie movies. ('Cept "Shaun of the Dead," though the original "Dawn of the Dead" had a very interesting tone.)
I want to build a bigger better undead. I know abominations from WOW are big and neat looking but if i was in charge of the undead research and development team, there is no way we could have lost in warcraft III

-I prefer standing to sitting sometimes, especially in social situations. What I think is that sitting is..."too comfortable."
I'm lazy.

-Sometimes I don't want to be comfortable because it's too foreign--I've almost never felt it before, especially around people. Being uncomfortable's mostly all I've ever known, so in most cases I'll prefer it simply because it's familiar.
I take a lot of drugs, I know comfort.

>Ever walk up to people and lightly scream silly things like, "I HAVE PANTS!" or "CABBAGE!" or "SPAAAAM!"

?Ever played with your car in public? Like driving back and forth in the drive way or an unbusy street? Or as a grown adult opening and closing the powered windows?

?Ever do things specifically because you think nobody has ever done that exact thing before in that, perhaps in that spot, or at that time. Like moonwalking at the alter of a church.

?Ever had long conversations with your animals knowing full and well that you are talking to yourself.

?Ever talked at great length to yourself knowingly, and enjoyed it, or made some progress of somekind.

?Ever watched a movie in your head in public and get to a point in the movie that you had "forgotten" and it is really funny and start bawling in laughter?

?Ever have a question and adress a clerk in a store with, "Excuse me, i'm clueless, may i waste a few minutes of your time?"

?Ever go and sit in your car in your driveway specifically to read a book or listen to music in a comfy chair in a small chamber of perfectly controlled tempreture.

Also, my answer is yes to all of those.