Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KristaMeth
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2007, 11:31 pm

Sucks really bad.

I want more than anything to have an official diagnosis.

When I was younger and in and out of psych. wards and seeing all kinds of doctors, I was diagnosed with severe depression, bi-polar disorder, and borderline personality disorder. I now feel that these diagnoses are completely irrelevant. Child psychologists have a horrible habit of NOT LISTENING AT ALL. In fact, I'm not even sure if any of those were official diagnoses, they just kind of threw the terms out there at me and prescribed me some medication. Though I may exhibit some symptoms of these disorders, it does not even begin to encompass any of the other multitude of symptoms I have. I know that AS can be misdiagnosed as a bunch of other crap, and I feel that's what happened to me. Especially since at the time, I never had the chance to cover my social woes or obsessive tendencies. Didn't even realize that I had motor skill trouble (just called myself a ret*d and left it at that, not knowing that it was an actual problem). Had no idea what a stim was or that I did it all the time.

Anyway, does anyone know of any resources for people without health insurance who need psych. care? Anyone received such care?

I live near Harrisburg, in Pennsylvania.

TheZach
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Nov 2007, 11:53 pm

Hah, when I was younger the child psychs I never talked too. They only talked to my parents and based there diagnoisis on that. I was never told what I had.

<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.thezach.net/blog">My Blog</a>

Belle77
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2007, 11:56 pm

I don't know that I can be any help. When I actually had insurance I was misdiagnosed as bipolar. Now I'm going through some cheap place here in AZ that I don't know will actually help me and give me an official AS diagnosis.

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2007, 11:59 pm

Belle77 wrote:
I don't know that I can be any help. When I actually had insurance I was misdiagnosed as bipolar. Now I'm going through some cheap place here in AZ that I don't know will actually help me and give me an official AS diagnosis.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but...

Where in AZ are you? Because you may be able to help me out, depending on where you are.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

KristaMeth
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2007, 7:43 pm

The lack of replies lead me to believe that not much like this exists. It's saddening.

Also, I make too much money to go to Welfare for health insurance. But nowhere near enough to pay for my own. -.-

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2007, 8:21 pm

KristaMeth wrote:
The lack of replies lead me to believe that not much like this exists. It's saddening.

Also, I make too much money to go to Welfare for health insurance. But nowhere near enough to pay for my own. -.-

Well, what it is worth, I can understand. In my first "skilled" job, I started at $35,000. That might sound like a lot, but after $2,000 for the car, $2,000 for insurance to drive it, $7,200 for the rent, taxes, etc... Well, it starts sounding like chickenfeed. I once ALMOST got a nice home in California! GREAT! Well, I got a $5,000 raise, and suddenly couldn't afford the home! It turned out the special financing was only available to people earning $35,000 or less! So the extra $5000 actually made it LESS likely that I could afford the home.

They really are attacking the middle class.

The same happens with insurance. They allow more people to pay higher prices, so everyone charges higher prices, so everyone needs the insurance, etc...

I make a lot more now, but it STILL isn't enough to make me comfortable with my insurance situation.

I wish you the best of luck.

Taimaat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Nov 2007, 9:44 pm

>>>>They really are attacking the middle class.

Yeah, the middle class isn't doing so well, but the Anti-Middle class is doing well (hint turn traditional middle class values upside down and see what you get.)

>>>The same happens with insurance. They allow more people to pay higher prices, so everyone charges higher prices, so everyone needs the insurance, etc...

Life itself is risky, no matter what you do, you are always in danger of dying.

KristaMeth
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2007, 10:38 pm

Um, Ron Paul "08?

Belle77
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2007, 1:51 am

beau99 wrote:

Where in AZ are you? Because you may be able to help me out, depending on where you are.

Sorry, I just got back to this thread. I'm in Chandler...Phoenix basically.

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2007, 2:48 am

Belle77 wrote:
beau99 wrote:

Sorry, I just got back to this thread. I'm in Chandler...Phoenix basically.

Ah.

I'm in north Phoenix. So where are you going that's cheap?

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Nov 2007, 3:26 am

don't know anything about your state, so i have no advice, but i'm sorry you don't have insurance. i don't either. :(

(although i do qualify for Medicaid help, but i can't apply online, i have to GO to this horrible buliding with mean people, and the last time i was there i started screaming until the cops came and etc... so i remain un-insured)

if you want specific drugs, you can sometimes apply to the companies directly, but i don't know how to get the forms. and if you want therapy... well... your probably better off not going to that either. just read a lot. :)

Belle77
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2007, 3:44 am

beau99 wrote:
Ah.

I'm in north Phoenix. So where are you going that's cheap?

I'll PM you some info tomorrow. :)

Jett
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Dec 2007, 10:45 am

Some places have "sliding scale" fees. Where you pay only according to what you can afford based on your income.

Perhaps if you call some of the mental heath facilities in the Harrisburg area you will find one that provides this to people without insurance.

Good luck.

KristaMeth
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2007, 7:40 pm

Interesting, thank you.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2007, 7:52 pm

Um, aren't the Democratic candidates more interested than the Republicans in providing health care to people?

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2007, 8:11 pm

pandabear wrote:
Um, aren't the Democratic candidates more interested than the Republicans in providing health care to people?

WHO CARES if they are "interested", which I doubt they are! The fact is that they are going about it ALL WRONG!

They are legitimizing, and forcing THEFT! If many more got the GOVERNMENT insurance, the whole system would likely collapse! Hospitals would close, or go bankrupt, etc... After seeing a lot of shows on this, having a major operation, and working at a place that takes medicare, I know more than the average person about it. They OVERPRICE normal bills so that ***NON MEDICARE*** insurance pays enough to cover some losses elsewhere.