Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

manalitwist
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2007, 7:39 pm

Now Blair and Bush, what they are doing IS terrorism and they've destroyed a whole lot MORE cars.

Last edited by manalitwist on 02 Dec 2007, 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2007, 7:39 pm

TheZach wrote:
Silver_Meteor wrote:
That's true but you are sent to jail/prison as punishment. You are not sent there for punishment.

What are you hoping to go on a cruise and get chocolates on your pillows - you are sent there for punishment!

Yo DO get "a cruise and get chocolates on your pillows"! OK, not really, but what you DO get are:

1. forgiveness of debts.
2. sequestering from outside threats.
3. Needs taken care of, including dental, medical, psychological, etc...
4. Free FULL legal counciling.
5. desert
6. cable
7. exercise equipment
8. free time
9. books
10. SEX
11. phone calls
12. 3 full balanced meals

NOW, if I ran the prison, HERE is what I would have!

1. VERY basic needs met
2. VERY basic legal support for immediate appeal
3. FORCED HARD WORK to support the prison and local area
4. MAYBE 1 call a week if you're good, otherwise JUST for the lawyer
5. 2 LOW CALORIE LOW PROTEIN MEALS

To do more is STUPID, EXPENSIVE, and technically ILLEGAL! If they are in jail, and innocent, laws are broken. If they are guilty, society and victims DESERVE recompense, and criminals are SUPPOSED to be mistreated. It is supposed to be punishment for inmates, and a deterrent for others.

I have actually seen criminals interviewed that said prison is better than their old home!

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2007, 7:42 pm

TheZach wrote:
Silver_Meteor wrote:
That's true but you are sent to jail/prison as punishment. You are not sent there for punishment.

What are you hoping to go on a cruise and get chocolates on your pillows - you are sent there for punishment!

You should see some prisoners on death row. They actually have it pretty good.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

manalitwist
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2007, 7:42 pm

Id release all the prisoners and give them another chance but if they are not good (bad) then its back to prison they go!

manalitwist
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2007, 7:43 pm

Id put Blair and Bush in a cell with 7 rapists.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2007, 7:48 pm

manalitwist wrote:
Id release all the prisoners and give them another chance but if they are not good (bad) then its back to prison they go!

If I were king, I would put all people with ideas such as yours in MY idea of a jail for a few years. Who knows!? MAYBE you would change your tune. How would you feel if someone let them out, and one ripped you off, another raped your wife, if you have one, another gave you aids, and yet another burned every remaining possession you had? OH YEAH, another stole your identity, and got all funds you get?

manalitwist
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2007, 7:50 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
manalitwist wrote:

If I were king, I would put all people with ideas such as yours in MY idea of a jail for a few years. Who knows!? MAYBE you would change your tune. How would you feel if someone let them out, and one ripped you off, another raped your wife, if you have one, another gave you aids, and yet another burned every remaining possession you had? OH YEAH, another stole your identity, and got all funds you get?

Well back to jail would those miscreants go! :twisted:

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2007, 8:45 pm

TheZach wrote:
Silver_Meteor wrote:

Zach, any prison will "punish" regardless of whether you are in a "country club" prison or in a maximum security facility. When you are incarcerated, you lose your personal freedom along with certain rights such as the right to vote(if convicted of a felony). That is what the "punishment" aspect of prison is.

You are not sent there for additional punishment(i.e. arbitrary punishment by the guards or being abused by inmates)

TheZach
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Dec 2007, 8:56 pm

Well, why don't we give them tea and crumpets too then.

<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.thezach.net/blog">My Blog</a>

caramateo
Toucan
Toucan

02 Dec 2007, 9:03 pm

TheZach wrote:
Silver_Meteor wrote:

The topic here is abuse in prisons to autistic people cause they are more vulnerable, not whether they live like on the Ritz or a dump

TheZach
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Dec 2007, 9:05 pm

Autistic people deserve no special treatment in prison.

<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.thezach.net/blog">My Blog</a>

psych
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2007, 9:13 pm

Silver_Meteor wrote:
Should there be separate facilities for people on the Autism Spectrum who end up being convicted and doing time? It seems to me they would be vulnerable to being abused in general population.

I think a huge portion of the prison population IS on the autistic spectrum. Maybe not a majority but a hell of a lot nonetheless. I am thinking more along the lines of what you might call PDD-NOS, rather than stereotypical aspie types.

E2A: I see KingdomOfRats has already said this, worth repeating though.

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2007, 9:59 pm

beau99 wrote:
TheZach wrote:
Silver_Meteor wrote:

You should see some prisoners on death row. They actually have it pretty good.

Nothing you could offer me would be worth sitting on death row.

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2007, 10:39 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
TheZach wrote:
Silver_Meteor wrote:

Yo DO get "a cruise and get chocolates on your pillows"! OK, not really, but what you DO get are:

1. forgiveness of debts.
5. desert
6. cable
7. exercise equipment
8. free time
9. books
10. SEX
11. phone calls

NOW, if I ran the prison, HERE is what I would have!

1. VERY basic needs met
2. VERY basic legal support for immediate appeal
3. FORCED HARD WORK to support the prison and local area
4. MAYBE 1 call a week if you're good, otherwise JUST for the lawyer
5. 2 LOW CALORIE LOW PROTEIN MEALS

To do more is STUPID, EXPENSIVE, and technically ILLEGAL! If they are in jail, and innocent, laws are broken. If they are guilty, society and victims DESERVE recompense, and criminals are SUPPOSED to be mistreated. It is supposed to be punishment for inmates, and a deterrent for others.

I have actually seen criminals interviewed that said prison is better than their old home!

You seem to forget a few things. And I wil go into one example - employment inside prison.
A lot of prison jobs are already done by inmates for the very reason you support(i.e. to ease the costs of incarceration on the taxpayers). Prison wages are a pittance compared to earnings on the outside. In Rhode Island for example the top wage earned by prisoners is $3.00/day for a 6 hour workday.

In states that have the Prison Industry Enterprise Program prisoners can work in manufacturing and produce goods available for interstate commerce, they will be paid the prevailing wages of the local area. South Carolina for example has this option and prisoners will be paid wages ranging from minimum wage up to $10/hour.

Out of this paycheck will be deductions for taxes, victim compensation, and room & board. In many states prisoners are involved in jobs involving agriculture and gardening for the very reasons you support(enabling the prison to raise at least part of its own food and reduce the burden on taxpayers).

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2007, 11:39 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
1. forgiveness of debts.
5. desert
6. cable
7. exercise equipment
8. free time
9. books
10. SEX
11. phone calls

Here's some counter-points to that general argument:
1) Not all prisons have that level of comfort. I was watching a documentary today on one prison that is overcrowded to the point where the prison's gym was converted into a giant cell housing 200 inmates.

2) Prisons, in general, are confining (something humans are averse to). Even the most caveman-like person will still feel consternation at the prospect of forced confinement. The idea that you have to obey another person's whims (in this case the guards) reminds me too much of childhood, another reason I wouldn't like prison conditions.

3) I hope point #10 on that list was taken in jest. I, for one, would not like to take it up the ass.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2007, 6:38 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:
1. forgiveness of debts.
5. desert
6. cable
7. exercise equipment
8. free time
9. books
10. SEX
11. phone calls

Here's some counter-points to that general argument:
1) Not all prisons have that level of comfort. I was watching a documentary today on one prison that is overcrowded to the point where the prison's gym was converted into a giant cell housing 200 inmates.

2) Prisons, in general, are confining (something humans are averse to). Even the most caveman-like person will still feel consternation at the prospect of forced confinement. The idea that you have to obey another person's whims (in this case the guards) reminds me too much of childhood, another reason I wouldn't like prison conditions.

3) I hope point #10 on that list was taken in jest. I, for one, would not like to take it up the ass.

Yeah, You're right. I heard of one or two places that had stricter codes. That is RARE though! Liberals try to shut them down.

I don't consider "Tak[ing] it up the ass" to be sex! If YOU do, then MY jail WOULD have that! NOPE! I mean you can even get MARRIED in jail, and have sex with your spouse!! !! !! !! I would NEVER allow that! It provides a better chance to leave, spread disease, spread crime/poverty, etc... and for WHAT!?!?!? A moment of pleasure in 2 that should be denied it!?!?

As for being looked up, some of the worst criminals don't mind too much, but they have SO much time to get out.