What I think Autism is--Do you agree?

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

jaydog
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2008, 2:37 am

IdahoAspie, also it can't be seen in brain scan, I didn't get diagnosed with aspergers (mild autism) till i was 25 and theres no way they found it in my brain, last time i had a brain scan was just about 3-4 years ago. . You should checkout this article Stress and the Gastrointestinal Tract

which is related to autism as well

and checkout gutandmentalillness.com/

also it really has nothing to do with the brain, cause i did fine in school and can socialize, and i'm sure i would of had some paperwork that my brain is screwed up if it was related to the brain. I don't know but based on my research i have really not find that much evidence related to the brain, if you think about it michael j fox has parkinsons,(which has quite a bit of symptoms as autism as well) and he was fine growing up... Besides also autism is a Developmental disorder which is a combination of psychological or physical disorders. which i guess can either be psychological (behavior,and neurological(which means to understand how the structure and function of the brain relate to specific psychological processes and overt behaviors) so it's not claiming to be exactly cause of the brain) also

Serotonin (pronounced /ˌsɛrəˈtoʊnən/) (5-hydroxytryptamine, or 5-HT) is a monoamine neurotransmitter synthesized in serotonergic neurons in the central nervous system (CNS) and enterochromaffin cells in the gastrointestinal tract of animals including humans. Serotonin is also found in many mushrooms and plants, including fruits and vegetables. which means that serotonin is also related to stress and ptsd, which means it's related to traumatic events/family problems. I could go on, but based by research it my not even be the brain entirely, maybe a little bit related to the restriction of serotonin, which means it is the nervous system... and perhaps the spinal cord connecting to the brain. (i have lumbar lordosis) which means
something related to the spinal cord,

(commonly referred to as swayback, saddle back, or hyper-lordosis) is a medical term used to describe an inward curvature of a portion of the vertebral column.[1] Two segments of the vertebral column, namely cervical and lumbar, are normally lordotic, that is, they are set in a curve that has its convexity anteriorly (the front) and concavity posteriorly (behind), in the context of human anatomy. When referring to the anatomy of other mammals, the direction of the curve is termed ventral. Curvature in the opposite direction, that is, apex posteriorly (humans) or dorsally (mammals) is termed kyphosis.

so i think pretty much everyone who has parkinsons, and other related stuff. has issues with there spinal cord/nervous system which is some interesting information too.

The actual spinal cord (medulla spinalis) terminates between vertebra one and two of this series, called L1 and L2. The nervous tissue that extends below this point are individual strands that collectively form the cauda equina. In between each lumbar vertebra a nerve root exits, and these nerve roots come together again to form the largest single nerve in the human body, the sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve runs through the back of each leg and into the feet. This is why a disorder of the low back that affects a nerve root, such as a spinal disc herniation, can cause pain that radiates along the sciatic nerve (sciatica) down into the foot.-

lumbar

lordosis

nervous system and stress

nervous system and autism

Ah i could provide alot more but i'm tired so going to sleep, will be back later

Shelby
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Feb 2008, 1:45 am

scumsuckingdouchebag wrote:
It's even more annoying when people see hidden messages in what you say when those messages were neither implied nor intended.
\
Oh god yes, this drives me insane!! !! !