Do people treat you like you're bad AND disabled?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 7:25 pm

Like, acknowledging you have a disability and yelling at you like it's a shameful thing, like your disability is the lack of shame that comes with lack of sense and that it needs to be cured through shame and punishment, like the yelling is part of trying to help them, part of the treatment for the disability?

Or do they yell at you, sounding angry, and say you have a disability and this is just what they meant by it; the annoying and bad stuff you do?

Do they think you're bad or doing something bad by not trying to rid yourself of the disability, when you didn't even have it in the firdt place? Or even if you did, but were trying? Or even if you did, but weren't trying, because you don't believe it's a disability?

My mother has been like that a few times with me. Not anymore, at least I don't think so!

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 12:55 am

i do feel like that, u can't help but feel like that when things that u did that you thought were not a problem are labeled as bad.

and peeps did have a go at me in the past to. due to lack of better ideas. i was called "special" a lot.(in the sense that means "ret*d freak" not the unique sense)

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 1:33 am

But what if I KNOW I don't have one but people think I am due to false evidence in the past? :(