Aspergers' and blindness, Is it so unheard of?

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

KateShroud
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Austin, Texas, United States, north America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

08 Feb 2008, 2:40 am

paulsinnerchild wrote:
Rory Burnside as well as having severe Aspergers and born with no eyes was born with a cleft palate as well.
And Rory Burnside really rocks!! !

Cooooooooooool!! ! I'm really not the only one of my kind on this planet. And he really DOES rock!

dRxId
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Aug 2016, 6:05 am

Hellows. Another blind spectrumite here. No light perseption what so ever, great interest in music - especially electronic music and synthesizers. I don't have perfect pitch, but a good understanding of synthesizers and a nice ability to learn quickly to use stuff without seeing digital displays. Actually it's probably more down just to very strong interest and hyperfocus. So yeah, there's more of us, blind aspies!

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 10:27 am

Well, according to autism forums like this, every single health condition/disability ever known to mankind is somehow linked to AS, so of course blindness will be one. It's a wonder the black plague hasn't been mentioned on WP as being related to AS.

KateShroud
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Austin, Texas, United States, north America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

14 Aug 2016, 11:39 am

dRxId wrote:
Hellows. Another blind spectrumite here. No light perseption what so ever, great interest in music - especially electronic music and synthesizers. I don't have perfect pitch, but a good understanding of synthesizers and a nice ability to learn quickly to use stuff without seeing digital displays. Actually it's probably more down just to very strong interest and hyperfocus. So yeah, there's more of us, blind aspies!

Wow! I started this topic forever ago and I was kind of mean back then. It's still true that I don't understand blind NTs very well. Even those who are born blind will try to look impressive to sighted people by dressing, wearing makeup, etc. They can't possibly understand what looking like anything really means, but they care deeply about what other people think. It fascinates me, but it also leaves me feeling isolated because I don't experience that drive very much. Do you know other blind Aspies?

I'm now a computer programmer and I also love electronic music. What are some of your favorites? I like Kraftwerk but am looking for more modern stuff.

Are any of your senses too intense? Mine is hearing. I can't go certain places very often or at all because of the noise.