Page 4 of 14 [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next

nory
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Feb 2008, 2:04 am

"I thought I could organize freedom
How Scandinavian of me..."

- Bjork
(Hunter)

Bjork is Scandinavian...
So Scandinavians are all gifted and quirkly people with songwriting genius...
No.
But Bjork is.

ChatBrat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 3:32 am

I am German, Irish, Polish, English, Cherokee Indian and possibly part black. My eyes have three colors in them. In order of quantity: green, bluish-grey and yellow-gold. My eyes are extremely large. I am fair skinned and look Caucasian.

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 3:47 am

My ancestry is English, Scottish, and French. I did a little research on the French surname that my grandmother has. It turns out that it is from Normandy, and was one of the French surnames adopted by the Vikings when they settled there. Indirectly, then, I may have some Scandinavian ancestry also.

I have seen blacks, Arabs, and some Hindu on WP.

But who I haven't seen a lot of are east Asians. :?

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 5:18 am

It was not 5,000 years, but 125,000 back to the African Eve. One mother for all out of Africa.

20,000 years ago Scandinavia, Germany, Denmark, the British Isles down to London, were covered in three miles of ice. That continued till 10,000 years ago. So they all lived somewhere before.

15,000 years ago all lived on the Eurasian Steppe, some went East into the Americas, some West into Europe. Norwegans and Souix, Ojibway, share an x gene, that says they were one people 15,000 years ago.

In Mexico, Olmec heads, huge and black, have very West African features, and Toltec carvings show beards, and North African, Punic features. Egyptian mummies were embaumed with coca, and tabacco, both new world plants. The Welsh have a lot of Native American genes.

Gorden Skyes writes in the Seven Faces of Eve, about seven women, fairly recent, who are the mother lines of almost all of Europe. Farther back all of Europe comes from one very closely related group of less than 100, 35,000 years ago.

We are all very closely related. The oldest splits would be the Australians, who broke off 40,000 years ago, everyone else out of Africa is more recently connected.

The spread of humans over the planet has only been 1,000 generations, and it started with a small gene pool.

A lot of copper was mined around the Great Lakes. There is no trace of it in the Americas. The time coincides with the European Bronze Age, when it suddenly became common, but there is no source of copper in Europe. Mixed with Tin from Wales, lead from Port of Gaul, the Atlantians held a monopoly, on Oracalium. It is the Greek word, Ora, golden, Calium, copper, golden copper, brass.

Jade from the Americas is found in European long barrow tombs, no jade in Europe.

We are a very small closely related family.

Zeno
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 5:21 am

10,000 - 20,000 years ago my ancestors were probably the same people who would be ancestors to today's Scandinavians. Does that make me Scandinavian? I do not have blue eyes, or green eyes but I would very much like to have grey eyes. And my skin is dark. Not as dark as an African's but darker than the people you might find in North East Asia. But my trump card is that if I copulate with a Scandinavian girl, it is possile that she might get pregnant and our off-spring would be a member of the human race. In other words, we can mate! That is what happens when you share common ancestors. Good thing too because I find the blonde hair and blue eyes that Scandinavians have to be rather attractive. And oh, I am autistic. Guess that just about makes the case for the Scandinavian and autism correlation.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 9:12 am

Inventor wrote:
It was not 5,000 years, but 125,000 back to the African Eve. One mother for all out of Africa.

20,000 years ago Scandinavia, Germany, Denmark, the British Isles down to London, were covered in three miles of ice. That continued till 10,000 years ago. So they all lived somewhere before.

15,000 years ago all lived on the Eurasian Steppe, some went East into the Americas, some West into Europe. Norwegans and Souix, Ojibway, share an x gene, that says they were one people 15,000 years ago.

In Mexico, Olmec heads, huge and black, have very West African features, and Toltec carvings show beards, and North African, Punic features. Egyptian mummies were embaumed with coca, and tabacco, both new world plants. The Welsh have a lot of Native American genes.

Gorden Skyes writes in the Seven Faces of Eve, about seven women, fairly recent, who are the mother lines of almost all of Europe. Farther back all of Europe comes from one very closely related group of less than 100, 35,000 years ago.

We are all very closely related. The oldest splits would be the Australians, who broke off 40,000 years ago, everyone else out of Africa is more recently connected.

The spread of humans over the planet has only been 1,000 generations, and it started with a small gene pool.

A lot of copper was mined around the Great Lakes. There is no trace of it in the Americas. The time coincides with the European Bronze Age, when it suddenly became common, but there is no source of copper in Europe. Mixed with Tin from Wales, lead from Port of Gaul, the Atlantians held a monopoly, on Oracalium. It is the Greek word, Ora, golden, Calium, copper, golden copper, brass.

Jade from the Americas is found in European long barrow tombs, no jade in Europe.

Well, 125,000 at least allows for all of known history, but 2 problems. ONE is that I heard FIVE thousand from several sources! The second is that following 125,000 of DNA mutations sounds even more ludicrous.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 10:05 am

German and Italian descent here

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

17 Feb 2008, 1:21 pm

well my real dad is sweedish and most of his family is. his mom is french though, and my mom doesnt know her real dad so i guess shes just american :lol:

AdvenaIngenium
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Feb 2008, 1:49 pm

alphacent wrote:
As an older person with AS, this kind of racial profiling reminds me of what the Nazi's were thinking and doing, so you all need to think twice about somehow equating the "Nordics" with AS, and possibly with a "special" race of people.
Since the current world of engineers, computer programmers, etc., is full of people from Asia (India, Pakistan, Iran, China, Japan, etc.), and many of these people suffer from AS (and have autistic children), doesn't this suggest that AS could not possibly be restricted to Nordic types???
I admit that it is interesting to try to find the roots of AS in the general population, and I admit that there is probably a genetic "marker" for people who are predisposed to getting AS. In fact, I have blue eyes myself. But, you younger people with AS probably don't remember how the Nazis singled out the Nordic race as superior. And, this makes me just a little bit uncomfortable, even though I am probably of Nordic ancestry myself.

I think everybody knows this. We are constantly beaten over the head with it. I don't see how anyone in the Western world could *not* know this.

AdvenaIngenium
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Feb 2008, 1:54 pm

nominalist wrote:
The problem I see with your proposal (that Asperger's originated in Scandinavia) is that it relies on a Lamarkian theory of evolution, i.e., that behaviors can be passed on through evolution. Lamarkianism was successfully challenged by Darwin.

If you have in mind Scandinavian's who live in Scandanavia, then I would suggest you are referring to cultural, not neurological, traits. However, if you are referring to all persons of Scandinavian descent, no matter where they may currently live, that is Lamarkianism.

Not quite right. Lamarckism concerns passing on traits that were acquired during the organism's lifetime. What is being discussed here is the passing on of traits genetically, which is precisely what Darwin was talking about.

AdvenaIngenium
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Feb 2008, 2:05 pm

pbcoll wrote:
There has never been any significant Scandinavian migration to Mexico.

But there has been significant Irish migration to Mexico.

2ukenkerl wrote:
It is ALSO interesting that so many people that have autism or AS have RH- blood.

I would also point out that RH- blood is almost exclusively confined to Northwestern Europe, especially Ireland.

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Feb 2008, 2:07 pm

AdvenaIngenium wrote:
Not quite right. Lamarckism concerns passing on traits that were acquired during the organism's lifetime. What is being discussed here is the passing on of traits genetically, which is precisely what Darwin was talking about.

My understanding of what the OP was saying is that aspie behaviors can be passed on to the next generation (though s/he was not specific on whether they were acquired or inherited). I did not see any discussion of mutation, etc.

Institute for Dialectical metaRealism: http://dmr.institute

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 2:09 pm

I notice two things:

1. The definition of 'Scandinavian' is being progressively expanded to include Celts, Germanic peoples, etc.
2. There is no mention of any actual evidence that AS is more prevalent in one or more ethnic groups - there is a confusion between ethnicity and culture, so that because Scandinavian culture is reputedly more 'AS-like' than others, AS is genetically Scandinavian.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

AdvenaIngenium
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Feb 2008, 3:11 pm

pbcoll wrote:
I notice two things:

1. The definition of 'Scandinavian' is being progressively expanded to include Celts, Germanic peoples, etc.
2. There is no mention of any actual evidence that AS is more prevalent in one or more ethnic groups - there is a confusion between ethnicity and culture, so that because Scandinavian culture is reputedly more 'AS-like' than others, AS is genetically Scandinavian.

Clearly, linking AS specifically to Scandinavians is too specific. There's been quite a bit of discussion here and there about AS being largely European, and in particular Northwestern European, but there just haven't been enough studies done, and the diagnosis is too recent anyway. It's an interesting subject, regardless.

Spiral153
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Feb 2008, 5:13 pm

Inventor wrote:

15,000 years ago all lived on the Eurasian Steppe, some went East into the Americas, some West into Europe.

There were people already living in parts of southwestern Europe more than 15,000 years ago. Prehistoric cave paintings in Spain and France attest to that.

Inventor wrote:

Atlantians? As in, natives of Atlantis? WTF?
How much of what you wrote is based on actual historical facts, as opposed to speculation and folklore?

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 5:37 pm

Inventor wrote:

Where do I begin? Copper was used, before the arrival of the Europeans, in Mexico for jewellry; also the Tarascans defeated the Aztecs in battle thanks to their use of copper tips in their spears. During the Bronze Age, copper was mined in Wales and the Isle of Man. Egyptian mummies were not embalmed with coca or tobacco, etc. Apparently, the Olmec heads (which are stone-coloured, not black, I've actually seen them myself) incorporated jaguar-like features and were thus not meant as realistic representations of the Olmecs themselves. Some indigenous Mexicans grow beards, so I don't see what your point is regarding bearded Toltec sculptures. You're entitled to your own opinions but not to your own facts.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).