Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 10:39 am

She likes biting the loose skin on the back of our cat's neck. I always make her stop when she does it, but she says it feels really good to her, so she keeps doing it even though I keep telling her she shouldn't. What kind of a "chew toy" or something else she can bite can I try giving her? It comforts her to do it, so it is an Autie stim. Is there a product made for Auties who like to bite?

MrMisanthrope
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Mar 2009, 10:45 am

It's the feel of Fur & Skin. I grok that.

IMO, if/since she doesn't do it in public it's relatively benign - except to the cat (?) - so go get a goodly sized bit of non-toxicly cured Rabbit Fur and make her a chew toy with similarly "bitable" loos fur/skin.

Honestly. I know it sounds weird, but it's probably better than trying to change the stim and definately better for the cat.

True Liberty Expressed as Fiction: http://www.bigheadpress.com/tpbtgn

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 11:01 am

If she's not hurting the cat or herself, I say let her do it.

I kiss my cat all over. I kiss his little belly and his head.

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitetigerdream

Don't take life so seriously. It isn't permanent!

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 11:03 am

Ragtime wrote:
What kind of a "chew toy" or something else she can bite can I try giving her?

I've talked to lots of people who chewed Barbie doll feet when they were teething. You could buy her a Barbie doll and let her chew the feet on it.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 11:27 am

whitetiger wrote:

The cat screams in pain, and my wife still doesn't stop for several seconds. It's painful to watch,
because I'm very sensitive to animals' suffering. It drives me crazy, and the cat hates the hell out of it.

MrMisanthrope
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Mar 2009, 11:29 am

Ragtime wrote:
whitetiger wrote:

The cat screams in pain, and my wife still doesn't stop for several seconds. It's painful to watch,
because I'm very sensitive to animals' pain. It drives me crazy, and the cat hates the hell out of it.

Definately make a stim toy.

Now, what you said above also beggs another question, is the yowl part of the stim? That would make making the toy a bit harder, but not impossible.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 11:33 am

Ragtime wrote:
because I'm very sensitive to animals' suffering. It drives me crazy, and the cat hates the hell out of it.

Maybe you should not have cats?

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 11:51 am

MrMisanthrope wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
whitetiger wrote:

because I'm very sensitive to animals' pain. It drives me crazy, and the cat hates the hell out of it.

Definately make a stim toy.

Now, what you said above also beggs another question, is the yowl part of the stim? That would make making the toy a bit harder, but not impossible.

I don't think it is. She only mentions the biting as what she wants to do, plus she even bites herself and me, even when neither of us screams. She can't stand the pain of biting herself as hard as she wants to bite, though. And neither can I.

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 11:57 am

Maybe you can offer your arm? I quite like the texture of a forearm. Sucky solution, but at least it's not the cat.
No I'm not really a biter, I have my tendencies but I control them.

Ooh I got one, go to a leather shop or craft store and her her a piece of real fur. Rabbit, fox, whatever you feel is most like cat. Then she can just chew the hell out of it.
This might work better than anything else.

Unless she's just REALLY into chewing on a live animal. If she likes the cat screams, maybe you can find a recording or catfight video or something (youtube?) to play while she bites the substitite.

Or maybe she's just a sadist?

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 12:02 pm

OK, so this is NOT a good thing. Animal abuse of any kind shoule NOT be tolerated. She MUST find alternatives. This is scary to me. Find her something furry and chewy at the same time, like maybe a stuffed toy with plastic ears or something.

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitetigerdream

Don't take life so seriously. It isn't permanent!

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 12:04 pm

Yeah, man. If you are standing by watching this go on maybe you should consider finding the cat another home?

MrMisanthrope
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Mar 2009, 12:04 pm

Ragtime: Contact your local 4H and find out who sells full-hide rabbit furs. Seriously. Talk to the propriter and find a full hide that is tactily similar to the cat then have a taxidermist losely sew it onto a memory-foam core.

That should work.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 12:13 pm

i bite Flakey.
I bite the cat..but I would not do it if the cat cried out in pain.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 12:13 pm

zghost wrote:
Maybe you can offer your arm? I quite like the texture of a forearm. Sucky solution, but at least it's not the cat.

Will you volunteer your arm? :P Crap, maybe that's the solution. Find a submissive person who has a "being bitten" fetish. :lol: :roll:

zghost wrote:
Or maybe she's just a sadist?

She's not. But she can be apathetic to suffering. She desected a live gecko once, just because she was curious what it looked like inside. Her parents were going through a bitter divorce at the time, and there was violence in the house, so... it's kind of understandable. But I keep trying to teach her empathy toward animals -- I can't hold back from trying, even if it might never stick with her. She's very nice to all humans, though.

Last edited by Ragtime on 04 Mar 2009, 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 12:15 pm

MrMisanthrope wrote:
Ragtime: Contact your local 4H and find out who sells full-hide rabbit furs. Seriously. Talk to the propriter and find a full hide that is tactily similar to the cat then have a taxidermist losely sew it onto a memory-foam core.

That should work.

That sounds like the best solution. Thanks, I'll try it, after we pay our taxes successfully. Times are hard for us financially right now.

In the meantime, maybe I should recruit someone who likes being bitten. But, good grief, how unpredictable would that situation be?!

Anyone have a stim for being bitten? I'd be interested in talking to anyone who does, if it's a real stim and not a fetish.