Page 2 of 9 [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

venuseagle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Mar 2008, 11:26 am

alienesque wrote:
You may actually be damaging your teeth as well as irritating your gums with over-brushing. I always use mouthwash with my teeth cleaning ritual. You didn't mention mouthwash so it suggests maybe you don't. Try substituting a plaque fighting mouthwash for some of the cleanings. So I'd say that with the thought in mind that over-brushing may actually be damaging your teeth you might be able to control that compulsion by simply applying logic.

I only use mouthwash two or three times a week. I'll try what you said.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 12:48 pm

I brush my teeth twice a day.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 12:49 pm

I brush my teeth twice a day.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 1:02 pm

Once a day, sometimes twice. I hate brushes, really hate brushes. And I hate mint, so I only have one or two toothpastes I can actually use without going sick.

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 3:44 pm

9CatMom wrote:
Once a day, in the morning.

Me too.

I floss 2-3 times a week, after eating meal that sticks between my teeth.
Also use those nifty wedge-shaped wood picks to get at tricky areas.
Feel of the brush bothers me terribly, makes me feel like throwing up, ugh !
Only toothpaste I can tolerate is Pepsodent (white paste, not gel)-all other brands/styles have painfully intense flavor/sensation.
I have bad teeth-I didn't go to dentist for several years & things got out of hand, and I still have great difficulty forcing self to return for regular visits. Have to take a support person in with me (to exam room), just to feel safe enough (not safe, overall-but less unsafe) to do it.

kleodimus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 3:45 pm

once a day

02 Mar 2008, 3:59 pm

I brush my teeth twice a day usually but if I am really tired, I just go to bed. I should brush my teeth once I get home from work so I won't get too tired.

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 3:59 pm

Sora wrote:
Once a day, sometimes twice. I hate brushes, really hate brushes. And I hate mint, so I only have one or two toothpastes I can actually use without going sick.

You know they make strawberry-flavoured toothpaste for kids?

Lunar-Lander
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Mar 2008, 4:08 pm

I brush usually 3 times daily. In a perfect world I would use Arm & Hammer toothpaste (with baking soda), Listerine and fine waxed floss. With the budget in mind I go with non-gel Colgate, any mouthwash that does not taste like liquid soap and off-brand floss.

LL

instead of hanging out in bars.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 4:09 pm

Icheb wrote:
Sora wrote:

You know they make strawberry-flavoured toothpaste for kids?

I had a strawberry-flavoured one as a child, but these are all for milk teeth and I've been told that's not good enough when you're older. Otherwise I'd use these right away.

I don't know why there are strawberry-flavoured ones for kids, but none for adults - as if someone actually wakes up someday and suddenly loves mint when they didn't before, ridiculous.

02 Mar 2008, 4:28 pm

I hated having my teeth brushed when I was little. When I was a baby, my mother had to hold me down and brush them.
That's probably why I started brushing them on my own at a late age because I hated the feeling of the brush against my gums.

LeonKrahe
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Mar 2008, 8:12 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Aspie_Chav wrote:
sweetcupcake wrote:
I havent cleaned my teeth in 4 weeks.

Averaging twice a day. I sometime clean them 3; sometimes only 1.

Same, here.

Same here also. I try to do it twice a day, but if I'm not leaving the house all day it might only get done once, but if I'm going out someplace special in the middle of the day then I brush an extra time before leaving.

I hate using mouthwash, but if there's any around then I dip my toothbrush in some Listerine just before putting it in my mouth, figure it will only help. If we're out of that, then I'll pour hydrogen peroxide on my brush instead. Makes it extra foamy!

RohrbachDS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Mar 2008, 8:36 pm

I used to do them once a week or so, and never had any problems. I'm trying to get into the habit of doing it twice a day, but it is hard seeing how long I got by with once a week. Right now, on average, I do them once a day.

unityemissions
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Mar 2008, 8:39 pm

9CatMom wrote:
Once a day, in the morning.

Same here unless I am having a lazy inside day, then whenever I get around to it. I use listerine once every other day or so and floss about once every other month. My dentist says my teeth are amazingly straight and besides the stains built up from smoking and not seeing her but once every eighteen months or so all is well.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 12:11 am

I'm the opposite. I hate brushing my teeth. I only do it once a day, before I go to bed.

leaford
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Mar 2008, 11:15 am

Put me in the "not often enough" category. Most days I forget, and only realize I've forgotten once I'm on my way to work. When I do brush, I have a lot of problems with the feel of the brush in the back of my mouth, to the point where I often gag or even throw up a little. I always thought of that as a sensitive gag reflex, but I wonder now if it's part of the sensory over-stimulation.