Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 10:02 pm

I had a bad reacion to it, just woke up one morning and fliped out with manic depression,
on riddlen I became so agressive it felt good but was vary bad,
cylert seemed to work great with me.

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 11:03 pm

I used to be on Adderall. I ended up not being able to tolerate it very well. It works really good but there is a trade off. For me, the side effects started to kick in after a few months of use. In a word, it started making me crazy. The Amphetamines do work great but I began to suffer even worse insomnia than I usually dealt with. And there were times the Adderall made me mean and hateful.

I guess the worse side effect is that after a few months I began to feel like I was poisoned. It was starting to really affect my body.

But that DOES NOT mean you will have those symptoms. This only happened to me and I have a more sensative body chemistry than some people. It may sound corny but it's true - your own results may vary. every person's body chemisrty is different.

tortoise
Raven
Raven

26 Mar 2008, 11:57 pm

It helps...basically it gives me more energy which is a problem for me. It also helps me to some degree with impulsive impulsiveness in conversations and emotional reactions.

The dependency issue is a red herring if taken as prescribed. You will get no more "hooked" on Adderall then you will soap operas or chocolate. Of course you will hear many personal stories on the internet about how people crash after stopping Adderall but these are psychological crashes.

I work in a school and have seen dozens and dozens of kids stop this medication. None of them EVER complain about stopping medication or side effects of stopping "cold turkey"! If anything, a good percentage are pleased to be off the medication. :D

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 12:47 am

i had my psychological crash while I was still on the stuff. That is why I stopped taking it..then after I stopped, it took me a while to get back to my normal....not-very-productive-self

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 12:56 am

First I was on Ritalin, and while I was focused, I was really depressed- just WAS. Then I was put on Prozac; I was never "happier"...too bad I was totally impotent. Then they put me on Adderall, and switched me to Wellbutrin.

I'm not on ANYTHING now, and I've never been happier. :D

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 11:15 am

A part of me kind of mourns not being an Adderall any more. But the other 99.99% of me is really glad to be off the junk.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 12:45 pm

I used to take it alongside Prozac, and then by itself. I actually have severe ADD/ADHD, but after 3-4 of taking it, I got some really strange side effects. That was a while ago, I haven't taken anything like it since 9th grade. I probably should be on that new thing, Strattera. I've seriously considered trying that out.

Tambourine-Man
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 5:43 pm

Adderall was a Godsend for me. I was pretty miserable. Now I'm hopping along on the right track.