Isn't it ironic how helpless we all are?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

acousticvalley
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Oct 2005, 4:52 am

Last edited by acousticvalley on 09 Nov 2005, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2005, 5:09 am

Yes I do many of his posts I could not understand even tried private messages.

I hope he is all right.

I have not been getting in responses from him.

hecate
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2005, 5:50 am

we are helpless because of other people's dishonesty. if everybody told the truth all the time we would have known how to respond. i hope he is okay.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2005, 8:41 am

In all honesty, the Internet is a very poor place to go if you're on the verge of committing suicide. It's not real time for one thing, and no one can see how serious you are.

monastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2005, 10:02 am

Quote:
In all honesty, the Internet is a very poor place to go if you're on the verge of committing suicide.

But don't you see? There is no good place to go for people that are on the verge of suicide. They are just barely hanging on. They are not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. They feel there is no other way. Talking with a doctor is the last thing on their mind. Unless you have been there, you cannot understand the range of emotions that are going on during this state of depression. I'm really not sure what exactly woke me up to the fact that I had other options...lots and lots of other options. This is a matter that should NEVER be taken lightly, NeantHumain and it should never be joked about either.

In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act. - George Orwell

Wowbagger
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Oct 2005, 10:07 am

The internet is the best place to go for suicidal people. It gives you the best chance of maintaining anonymity so as to avoid the interfering clutches of well-intentioned samaritans.

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2005, 10:15 am

Actually it's a very poor place to announce you're going to commit suicide and threaten to put it on other websites as well making demands for free money and all this stuff people on the internet can't really give you anyways... especially a house with cheap medications. Sure some would naively take the person serious but essentially telling people I want this or I'll commit suicide is inane at best. Of course if you're an NT trolling as an Aspie and want to get attention, unfortunate as Aspies we become prime targets due to our naivety.

acousticvalley
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Oct 2005, 10:41 am

Last edited by acousticvalley on 09 Nov 2005, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AZ_AS
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Oct 2005, 1:29 pm

I don't post much but had to comment. Making a sticky on suicidal links with information to help rather than harm might not be a bad idea. Any chance this could be done? I say just links since the numbers and resources will be different from country to country but still, there may be something out there that has good information and could hopefully be of help.

pyraxis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2005, 1:51 pm

acousticvalley wrote:
Isn't it ironic?

And sad, and frustrating. Hence my attempts to improve situations wherever I can.

acousticvalley wrote:
It's possible to be beyond the realm of being able to be helped, don't you agree?

No. I'm far too young and innocent to believe that.

Actually, before anyone starts tossing back scenarios like a terminally ill patient five minutes before their death, I'll say that yes, in a few very extreme situations, it can be impossible to help someone. However even in most situations that look hopeless, there are possibilities to fix them that haven't been looked at yet. And I've seen examples of people coming back from situations that seem horrific to the extreme.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2005, 2:31 pm

monastic wrote:
Unless you have been there, you cannot understand the range of emotions that are going on during this state of depression. I'm really not sure what exactly woke me up to the fact that I had other options...lots and lots of other options. This is a matter that should NEVER be taken lightly, NeantHumain and it should never be joked about either.

I have been there. It is very, very, very, very, very psychically painful. It's impossible to contain yourself; black thoughts overwhelm you. You cannot escape the pain. You don't know how you can end it. You abandon hope and submit to being a walking zombie, without a drop of hope. Your only wish is that you could die.

I just can't see how that translates to, "OMG!! !!one I am gnoa threatz0r l0tso websietz for teh $$$ becuz i'm so poor" People who are at the end of their rope (bad figure of speech here :() want relief, not pity or money.