Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Mum2ASDboy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 9:18 pm

Who here doesn't like their hair being cut?

I had to cut Damien hair earlier and while I was doing so I realised how different it is to me getting my hair cut.
He had to have books, TV on, something to eat and after a while he wanted to be wrapped up tight in the towel. He also said 'ow' and 'stop my hair hurts'. I had to stop and give him breaks and warn him before I sprayed his hair with water. I have to use sissors because he HATE clippers and is scared of them.

When I have mine cut I go in, sit down and relax till it's done. I can't even get him inside a hair salon let alone let them cut his hair.
NT's have it soooooooo easy! It is not fair!

This is in general not parent because I am asking a general autistic question :)

silentchaos
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Apr 2008, 9:21 pm

I hate getting my hair cut so much. I actually need a hair cut right now. !@@!# :x

Scarlet_N
Raven
Raven

05 Apr 2008, 9:37 pm

I avoid haircuts like the plague. I give myself haircuts sometimes rather than go to the salon, but then again, I hate the salon environment because it is the epitome of one hour of nt small talk and I'm not 'fashionable'...

I like to cut my own hair though. I gave myself bangs today.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 9:43 pm

I absolutely despise getting my hair cut, but in my case it's become...uh...necessary.

mjpeanut26
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Apr 2008, 9:57 pm

I don't mind getting haircuts (in fact enjoy them), but am extremely picky about how they are done.

ShizzleMacDaddy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Apr 2008, 10:18 pm

When I get my hair cut its because I can't spike it anymore (it keeps falling over) but I can't sit still long enough and I always hate how it turns out.

Last edited by ShizzleMacDaddy on 05 Apr 2008, 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheLadyMary
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Apr 2008, 10:20 pm

I hate haircuts, mostly because I can't seem to explain to the hair dresser what I want no matter how many visual aids I use. (There's also my extreme hatred of being touched by strangers.) I started cutting my own hair a few years back. I had been coloring it myself with professional hair color for some time, I figured I should just make the leap to cutting it as well.

Never looked back, honestly. Plus, I'd rather walk around with a bad hair cut that I did myself rather than a mistake someone else produced, that I had to paid for. I'm pretty good at it now too. Everyone asks "Your hair is beautiful, what salon do you go to?"

Whisperer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Apr 2008, 10:28 pm

I used to have problems with that.
I procrastinate going now, as an adult, and the hairdresser won't even try to smalltalk with me. :(

Microban
Toucan
Toucan

05 Apr 2008, 10:29 pm

Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Haircuts.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 10:34 pm

I hate hair cuts too. I get mine cut every couple of weeks to keep it looking professional. It is torture every time. Clippers do hurt if the user touches my skin, goes too fast, or the clippers are dull. The feeling of all the little hair pieces falling on my face makes it seem hard to breathe. The places that have a vacuum hooked to the clippers work ok for me, as long as the person cuts gently enough. The scissors are the best if the user makes sure not to drop the hair on me or scratch me with the comb.

Microban
Toucan
Toucan

05 Apr 2008, 10:36 pm

My problem is more of the change taking place, then the sensory issues. I only have light and sound sensory...not touch.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 10:45 pm

omgosh hate my haircut being done, we go to a special haircutter at her house cuz i get really upset.

JYossarian
Raven
Raven

05 Apr 2008, 10:52 pm

I've typically dislike people touching my hair but at least in Japan you get a nice neck massage after which makes up for it. :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 10:55 pm

I love getting my hair cut. I go in, looking like a freak, and than I come out, looking like Sid. :O)

Southpaw
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Apr 2008, 11:07 pm

Microban wrote:
Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Haircuts.

I definitely agree with that sentiment...

I procrastinate my haircuts for as long as possible. I think I once went three years without getting it cut. Currently, I haven't had it cut since last May and the split ends are irritating but not as irritating as subjecting myself to the hair parlor. I've long since refused to let them wash my hair but they still insist on spraying water to make it easier to comb through; I have really thick hair and it always hurts terribly and then I end up having a major panic attack.

427Cobra
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Apr 2008, 11:19 pm

Never liked it. Especially as a kid when my mom would take up to an hour to cut my hair. The worst part was crying if it took too long and having hair stick to my wet eyes.

Now, I only try to go to one barber because he's the fastest and never touches my head directly. Some barbers take long and grab my head to move it.