Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 1:29 pm

Is this a big trait for AS/HFA? Just wondering.

Seems the story of my life...I'm in the process of packing/moving...My husband went out of town, took our kiddo to go find a place, etc..at my request so that I had alone time and could finish packing/cleaning our house...have to be out by this Friday!! !

Anyway, what have I done? NOT MUCH! Pack a couple of things...go back to the room, sit on the computer...I don't even really eat...get up after two hours of dreading it, and make myself go pack some more...15 minutes later, I'm back sitting in bed...It's been since Thursday, and I have basically NOTHING done...I have until Tuesday...I have a feeling, I won't get TO IT until Monday night...

Anyone else do this? What helps you focus on what you need to get done?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 1:36 pm

I also tend to procrastinate. I'm trying to curb that habit. I want that habit to be gone, by my 34th birthday as a present, to myself.

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 1:36 pm

I HATE MOVING WITH A PASSION AND DREAD THAT WOULD CRUMBLE MOUNTAINS INTO RUBBLE.

I, uh, hate moving.

Back in 7th grade, I got a "Procastinator's Award" in typing class. I was happy with it until I looked the word up in the dictionary. And then I felt insulted. These days I just look back on it and just laugh it off.

Last edited by markaudette on 06 Apr 2008, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 1:37 pm

I'll answer this thread tomorrow

The_Cucumber
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 1:53 pm

Well on school assignments I tend to wait until the last reasonable moment to start working. Which is typically a day or 2 before it's due. One thing I never do is stay up all night working on something, I try to finish up everything before 7:00 pm.

There are exceptions when I'm actually interested in doing the project in question, but those are fairly rare (but are increasing in frequency).

Chadk
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Apr 2008, 1:54 pm

The wiki page about procrastinate is pretty much the story of my life.

I have to hand in a physics hand-in tomorrow. I just started doing it because its deadly easy and i get nice grades with very little work :lol:

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 3:42 pm

Yes. I procrastinate out of ennui. I get into these extremely apathetic moods where I don't want to do a damn thing. I see all the busy-body people around me going through the tedious motions of work life and it just makes me more sad. I know I'll never be happy like that. I'm so f*ing sick of it all. :(

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 5:23 pm

Well, I can say lazy in like 6 languages!! !!

morgen, morgen, nur nicht heute, sagen alle faulen leute!

TOMORROW, TOMORROW, just not today, say all lazy people.

Isn't procrastination COMMON to all!?!? If not, then everyone is FAR dumber than I thought. PLEASE tell me procrastination is common.... I don't want to believe that people don't even have the ABILITY to do better!

BTW I know procrastination doesn't mean lazy. And I am not really lazy. Sometimes it APPEARS to be laziness because we put things off.

Hodor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 5:32 pm

Procrastination is something I do very well. Unless it's something I'm interested in doing, I will put something off until the very last moment. This includes essays which were set weeks ago. I do find, though, that I often work better under pressure, so procrastination can sometimes be a grade booster.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 5:32 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
Well, I can say lazy in like 6 languages!! !!

morgen, morgen, nur nicht heute, sagen alle faulen leute!

TOMORROW, TOMORROW, just not today, say all lazy people.

Isn't procrastination COMMON to all!?!? If not, then everyone is FAR dumber than I thought. PLEASE tell me procrastination is common.... I don't want to believe that people don't even have the ABILITY to do better!

BTW I know procrastination doesn't mean lazy. And I am not really lazy. Sometimes it APPEARS to be laziness because we put things off.

lol. I hate being accused of laziness… and not because I want to deny that I'm an apathetic bastard. I hate the word lazy because some people think “lazy” people are content and lackadaisical.

I'm the exact opposite way when I procrastinate. I’m constantly dreading all the things I have to do and beating myself up. Yet all these negative feelings never motivate me to stop procrastinating.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 6:23 pm

Marshall, I'm the same way...I wrote this post how many hours ago??? Still haven't finished packing or done anything much for that matter...yet sometimes, I get this crazy urge and get everything done immediately.

In school I never did homework, except writing assignments, etc...for finals...I NEVER did them early...we'd have two months for a research paper, I'd get the research done immediately (while it was still new), then I would sit on it for the full two months, and the night before, at 10PM I would start reviewing and writing my paper...Never failed that when I did this, I got excellent grades...When I was told to write something in school, during a class assignment, I always got horrible grades...hmmm

Anyway, ok, not even sure what time it is...I've been in this room basically all day...eventually, I'll get up...not sure at what time...last night it was around 1AM that I started cleaning and doing some stuff...

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 7:12 pm

I procrastinate.

Fear of failure helps with it.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 7:22 pm

marshall wrote:
I'm the exact opposite way when I procrastinate. I’m constantly dreading all the things I have to do and beating myself up. Yet all these negative feelings never motivate me to stop procrastinating.

MAN, I am the EXACT same way! I am FAR from lazy. I do a LOT. I worked TODAY, a sunday! YET, if something seems way to complex, or way to simple, I keep putting it off while I do OTHER stuff! There SHOULD be a limit, but if it is MY stuff, I feel I can do it whenever, and only the moderate to somewhat hard stuff gets done. STUPID, I know, and I beat myself up JUST LIKE YOU, but it doesn't matter.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 8:20 pm

I'm procrastinating doing my homework right now. :roll: