Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

LittleLu
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 May 2016, 9:46 am

So an interesting little detail about myself: I have what I like to call "cubby" spaces. Little nooks and crannies that I find I frequently enjoy. They're normally random spaces in the upper corners of rooms by the ceilings. The backs of bars where all the bottles and glasses are located make me feel strangely elated. There's a spot in our local Walmart where there's an overhang above the deli where you can see all the metal walls and piping, and I just absolutely love it. It gives me this odd, giddy excited feeling in the pit of my stomach, like butterflies, and I usually can't stop staring at it. I'll actually stop mid-stride just to stare, and I'll get looks from other people. If my wife is with me, she'll take my arm and tug me onward. Whenever she sees me staring at a new corner she'll ask if I've found another cubby. I'm not sure why I call them cubbies because cubbies are like little storage slots and squares, but at the time it just seemed to fit.

Do any of you have weird senses of elation whenever you look at places like this? I'm wondering what causes it, and if I'm just the really odd one.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2016, 9:48 am

I have had that happen. Usually it's because of the pattern of the space. I find it soothing.

Wreck It Ralph

LittleLu
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 May 2016, 9:54 am

Soothing, yes. :D I'm glad I'm not the only one. ^-^

It's probably one of my more dominant and weirder quirks. I'm always gazing at the air vent above my cubicle at work, too. Gives me the same sense of elation.

Unfortunate_Aspie_
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2016, 10:22 am

LittleLu wrote:

It's probably one of my more dominant and weirder quirks. I'm always gazing at the air vent above my cubicle at work, too. Gives me the same sense of elation.

I like them too- but I prefer to stare at things in motion, like fans or people moving or water. I really like watching people move/bodies in general they are very pretty and graceful it's nice. So I tend to like ballet and dances like that.

LittleLu
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 May 2016, 10:35 am

Unfortunate_Aspie_ wrote:
LittleLu wrote:

I like them too- but I prefer to stare at things in motion, like fans or people moving or water. I really like watching people move/bodies in general they are very pretty and graceful it's nice. So I tend to like ballet and dances like that.

I'm like that for a few things, like moving fractals. ^-^ My wife made me a couple glitter bottles to shake up and stare at if I need some soothing.