Facial recognition test (famous faces version)

Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2008, 4:19 pm

68% right.

I recognised the faces but my memory let me down on the names or it would have been a good score.

opal
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 4:50 am

Greyhound wrote:
opal wrote:
I did OK, but I thought it was a test of how well you could recall names as much as how well you could recall faces. If they had a " Brad Pitt's Ex" or " The 'You looking at me?' guy" option, I would have done better. :)

It said at the beginning that you could write whatever you wanted, as long as it corresponded with the correct person, as in you know that you correctly identified it. That's why it got you to click on the options for if you were correct or not rather than going by what you wrote in the box.

Helps to read the fine print :oops:

merrymadscientist
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 2:53 pm

I do much more badly (around 50% of known) with the famous faces test than with the unknown persons test (around 65%). Probably because I have no interest whatsoever in famous people.

Thomas1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2008, 10:26 pm

digger1 wrote:
Got hung up with Tony Blair

Ditto.

Though having him right in front of Thatcher probably got me a free one.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2008, 12:11 am

I suck! :x Out of 25 familiar, I got 12. I think it's because I couldn't see their hair, or their body shape. I have been known to fail to recognize people I know in unexpected settings. Maybe I really am an aspie! :twisted:

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2008, 6:55 am

sgrannel wrote:
I have been known to fail to recognize people I know in unexpected settings.

Me too and they were close family members 8O

NoOnesBoy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Apr 2008, 1:16 am

i got 15/30. adjusted for people I wasn't familiar with (i assumed they just meant that you didn't know what they look like?) i got 60% correct.

weird though, i got 90% correct on the one with the computer generated faces! now if only i could remember people's faces for LONGER. embarrassing incident at the store last week....a person i helped move (ex-current-rommates'-roommate's gf) and spent a lot of time talking to on more than one occassion, knew her name...she works at the store, said hi and asked me about things at my house, when i went in there to buy stuff, and I had no idea who she was and my blank stare gave it away. that's always happened now that i think about....that and thinking stragners are people know...although usually again it's an issue of time (not like years or anything that would allow for drastic change in appearance, maybe weeks or a couple of months). i only stop recognizing people after a certain period of time, apparently. creepy!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 9:31 pm

Quote:
Out of 30 faces, you correctly identified 27.
You were familiar with 27 of the people in this test.

If we exclude the ones you were unfamiliar with, you got 100% correct.

Robert DeNiro almost got me, his mole was hard to see in that pic.

What's this about face-blindness and Aspergers? I hadn't heard about it until now...I've got a photographic memory when it comes to faces.

But then again, sometimes all a guy has to do is grow a mustache and I won't recognize them...like William Shatner in National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1 :oops: